Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th August 2007, 20:14   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I Have A Doubt That My A/c Does Not Cut At All.its Freezing Cold After About 15 Mnts With A/c On .i Am Forced To Switch Off The A/c .is It The Same With You People.
I think the Verna has a great A/C and can prove to be extra cold if the temperature setting is on minimum.
I normally keep it at the notch above the dial. At about 10 o'clock. Then it's perfect.

Does you A/C freeze you over, regardless of the temparature setting?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 20:38   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Verna has a pretty good A/C. The outside temp in trivandrum is not very high may be thats the reason it starts freezing inside too soon.

Do u have climate control?
the base version doesnt have climate control.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2007, 05:07   #618
BHPian

Dont keep the A/C on max that will help A/C cut faster
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 11:31   #619
Senior - BHPian

jk ,how are you,after a looong time.i have tried it at the 10 o clock position too.still its freezing.may be its not cutting and that can be a reason for my low mileage.-15-16 kmpl .

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 10:38   #620
BHPian

Hi All,

Test drove a verna in Nice road Bangalore

- Turbo lag, It takes some time to pick up (petes should solve the problem). Once its over 1800rpm then the fun begins...
- Max i could do is only 180kmph. I thought i could do excess of 200kmph.
- Never ever go for verna without ABS because it does not inspire confidence over 140kmph. This definetly needs a tyre change and a suspension work.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 16:14   #621
BHPian

I also have TD Verna VGT. Its very peppy till 120 after that pull is not good as compared to CRDi . there are som flatspots in torque curve and the way pwer is delivered , I guess. I am not too sure how much will be the top speed. There are many posts mentioning that it may not be very confidence inspiring chassis and suspension as handling and driving dynamics are not in league with the old accent platform.
Anyone has actually driven Verna VGT with Petes? I am sceptical now about going for a stock Verna.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 16:45   #622
BANNED

Verna VGT is also CRDi. Did you mean Accent CRDi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I also have TD Verna VGT. Its very peppy till 120 after that pull is not good as compared to CRDi .
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 17:19   #623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Verna VGT is also CRDi. Did you mean Accent CRDi?
Isn't VGT version in Verna a CRDI unit? I think he is comparing the Accent CRDI with Verna CRDi. If yes, then i agree to some extent. Verna is super quick from standstill compared to Accent CRDI but, it loses steam after 120kmph ( TD'd Verna atleast 4 times before buying Viva) and has quite a lot of body roll beyond this speed. Whereas Accent and Viva are pretty stable till 150kmph but after that they too develop some but not so much that we need to get alarmed.

I picked viva purely because, liked its looks over verna, happy with take off power it delivers ( not too far behind a verna) and finally i ended up saving a lakh
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 17:30   #624
Senior - BHPian

Even looks wise, Viva beats Verna. They should do something with the front grill on the Verna. It looks like they have lifted it from the Santro and fixed it there.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 18:11   #625
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looks are subjective. The styling of verna is really good and has unique looks. The only flaw is that it doesnt look big like fiesta. But it has got that hot looks. Even i didnt like it first but now i feel they have done a good job. The looks are different from the usual desighns and has a sporty and stylish edge.

Vernas biggest drawback is the pricing. The suspension issue i feel can be sorted out sooner. And regarding the power i m not sure about the power with comparison to VIVA but i felt the power flowing above 160 also(infact the car quickly reached the figure).the suspension was the only reason that discouraged from pressing more.

Hyundai needs to do something regard the handling and we need to appreciate the fact that this powerful engine delivers above 20kmpl with AC in highways doing speeds above 100
shebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 11:55   #626
Team-BHP Support

Shebin, most of us here agree that Verna's biggest drawback is its suspension, if that is sorted out. Looks are something that can grow on you!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 07:27   #627
BHPian

Mods!!

Why not close this thread of Verna TD which has gone on for over a year but is now more on the lines of a detailed report. Many have celebrated their 1 yr ownership anniversaries also. Should it not continue in the Long Term Ownnership Report section?
alankarm@sancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 08:53   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Shebin, most of us here agree that Verna's biggest drawback is its suspension, if that is sorted out. Looks are something that can grow on you!

Actually, there are two sides to the suspension story. One of the main selling points of the Verna is its really good ride. The best among the competition. That comes from the soft suspension. So, I really don't think they are going to make any changes to that.

And, regarding the looks, I find it quite good now. IMHO, the side profile is really good and it looks good from the front too. The back is not too good, but cant really call it ugly. Initially, I hated its looks, but the looks have grown on me ever since. And I find quite a few takers for its looks recently.
burnt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:23   #629
BHPian

hi guys i had a drive from alwaye -kerala to coimbatore ..took the good route via thrissur -ottapalam -palakad -coimbatore......yesterday ...
the drive was too good.. did a freakin 120-140kmph most of the time in heavy rain ..she held her ground too well and yeah corners and all was superbly handled.. i own the abs version ..the one with the reworked suspension ..hehe .. it rides like a dream and yes i am was more impressed with the breaks than the engine and the super quiteness ..breaking in that heavy rain from 140kmph ... no skids no rattling ..nothing... overall i am one happy hyundai customer ..own an accent too the old DLS model..diesel..goin to trade that and go for a getz crdi..as soon as the abs version with all goodies is released till then i can wait ..aftrall i am not yet satisfied with my verna gotta go a long way ..verna is a good car ..experience is the best teacher ..
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:14   #630
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sameel

Are you sure the suspension has been re done by the hyundai.If thats the case i would like to visit the showroom to know more abt it.

And which Alloys/Tyre combination you are using(brand and size)

Your car looks really hot and happy to know that you are enjoying the beast....
shebin is offline   Reply With Quote