Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th February 2016, 18:48   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrow Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T

The video covers an in depth explanation of the Endeavour on Engine Performance, Handling etc.

Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T-opt-2.jpg

Terrain Management System Explained in Theory;

Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T-screen-shot-20160207-6.37.00-pm.png

Time for some practicals;

Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T-screen-shot-20160207-6.38.12-pm.png

Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T-screen-shot-20160207-7.00.28-pm.png

Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T-screen-shot-20160207-6.39.13-pm.png

Hope you guys like it, Enjoy

Last edited by karan561 : 7th February 2016 at 19:04.
karan561 is offline   (90) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 19:08   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T

I had a feeling this was coming...
Nice and detailed review Karan - I think we have a star in the making 😎

Your videos are getting better and better every time.
I don't think anybody else would have thought about the 60:40 seats being on the wrong side.
You could be the official tbhp video reviewer.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 19:33   #3
BHPian

Awesome review bro! May you keep making such video reviews.
The best part for me was the off road driving and terrain management system overview, none of them have covered it in their reviews.
Hope your not sold on the Endeavour, remember your in the Tfort gang:P
dean5545 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 20:51   #4
BHPian

Karan Bhai excellent review. Fully agree that the gearbox is pretty good and many of the reviews by Indian auto mags have been misleading. Can you recommend which tyres are available to replace the stock MRF 265/60/18 on the Endeavor. Online search shows Bridgestone HT and Geolander ATS at tyreonwheels.com
dockap is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 23:55   #5
BHPian

Loved the review and the Endeavour as well! This should prove to be serious competition to the Fortuner.

OT, but you should seriously have a 'distinguished BHPian' tag next to your handle.
SS8939 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 00:00   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I had a feeling this was coming...
Nice and detailed review Karan - I think we have a star in the making ��

Your videos are getting better and better every time.
I don't think anybody else would have thought about the 60:40 seats being on the wrong side.
You could be the official tbhp video reviewer.
Thanks for your appreciation samaspire

Well, yes that 40 split being on the right side can be a cause of concern on busy roads / highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Awesome review bro! May you keep making such video reviews.
The best part for me was the off road driving and terrain management system overview, none of them have covered it in their reviews.
Hope your not sold on the Endeavour, remember your in the Tfort gang:P
Hey, Thanks for your comment Denzil.

To be honest if this Endeavour 3.2L was available in a M/T i would have picked it over the Fortuner. But it seems i will end up buying the all new Fortuner next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Karan Bhai excellent review. Fully agree that the gearbox is pretty good and many of the reviews by Indian auto mags have been misleading. Can you recommend which tyres are available to replace the stock MRF 265/60/18 on the Endeavor. Online search shows Bridgestone HT and Geolander ATS at tyreonwheels.com
Hey dockap, As i have mentioned in the video that 'localisation' was not necessarry here, like when Fortuner was introduced 265/65 R17 Dunlops were not available in India & were imported, IMO performed really good and most Fortuner owners repeated buying the same make. Likewise they should have stuck to importing a good tyre and providing that as OE. But as mentioned by you the aftermarket tyres i would like to add Pirelli Scorpion ATR to the list as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
Loved the review and the Endeavour as well! This should prove to be serious competition to the Fortuner.

OT, but you should seriously have a 'distinguished BHPian' tag next to your handle.
Hey SS8939,

Thanks for your positive comments.

Last edited by karan561 : 8th February 2016 at 00:04.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 00:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Finally a review of the new Endeavour which i loved watching !! Loved every bit of it man, Thanks a ton for sharing, Picking up this unbeatable beast as soon the ford dealerships here in Mumbai get aware and start trying to sell their own product!
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 10:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Finally a review of the new Endeavour which i loved watching !! Loved every bit of it man, Thanks a ton for sharing, Picking up this unbeatable beast as soon the ford dealerships here in Mumbai get aware and start trying to sell their own product!
Thanks Tanveer

Yes i agree there is a scarcity of the Endeavour specially the 3.2L as their Thailand plant (AAT, Rayong) is overloaded with orders and the CKD units being allotted for India are not coping with the expected demand. Also that same Thailand plant is catering to Australian & South African demands hence the backlog.

The other plant where the Endeavour is being made is in China, but that is serving exclusively for Chinese market only.

All the best for your ride
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 10:45   #9
Team-BHP Support

Great review Karan, you really went into a lot of detail. The Endy looks awesome, and seems like a great package. I'm very tempted to pick this up to replace the vRS at the end of the year.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 11:36   #10
BHPian

As always, you are moving your benchmark up north each time a new review comes up Karan! Coming from a Fortuner owner, your comparison on the suspension, engine refinement, NVH mattered a lot. I had used MRF Wanderers on my Fortuner for a good 5000 kms and I could not find any significant difference from the Dunlops that came in with the Fortuner. You have answered almost all the queries I might have had for a test drive myself. Appreciate your effort and keep them coming !
Ahmed is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 15:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

And you've done it again!! Can't wait to see this review Karan if its anything as good as the previous two.

Cheers,
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 15:43   #12
BHPian

Booooooom!!!

Great review there Karan. Crisp and to the point.

Couldn't have done it better myself

Seems like the new Fortuner would have its work cut out to better this beast.

Only potential fly in the ointment can be Ford's aftermarket support and long term reliability of the product. Toyota has Ford beat hands down in both these departments.

Cheerzzz
Sisu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 16:33   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Great review Karan, you really went into a lot of detail. The Endy looks awesome, and seems like a great package. I'm very tempted to pick this up to replace the vRS at the end of the year.
Thanks ! Well i truly believe this is an SUV you will enjoy owning as it strangely feels like a big German SUV to drive.

Hope you buy this over the F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
As always, you are moving your benchmark up north each time a new review comes up Karan! Coming from a Fortuner owner, your comparison on the suspension, engine refinement, NVH mattered a lot. I had used MRF Wanderers on my Fortuner for a good 5000 kms and I could not find any significant difference from the Dunlops that came in with the Fortuner. You have answered almost all the queries I might have had for a test drive myself. Appreciate your effort and keep them coming !
Thank you Ahmed for your wonderful comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
And you've done it again!! Can't wait to see this review Karan if its anything as good as the previous two.

Cheers,
Let me know how you like it once you see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Booooooom!!!

Great review there Karan. Crisp and to the point.

Couldn't have done it better myself

Seems like the new Fortuner would have its work cut out to better this beast.

Only potential fly in the ointment can be Ford's aftermarket support and long term reliability of the product. Toyota has Ford beat hands down in both these departments.

Cheerzzz
Thank You again Sisu for your comments.

Regarding after sales service support i truly believe Ford is much better now than the IKON days & i dont see that much of a trouble. But yes comparing to the trust what people have for Toyota, Ford is far behind.

Last edited by karan561 : 8th February 2016 at 16:56.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 17:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding aftermarket support i truly believe Ford is much better now than the IKON days & i dont see that much of a trouble. But yes comparing to the trust what people have for Toyota, Ford is far behind.
Looks like i am getting a taste of Ford before market support. Mine was the first booking at Mangalore and i selected the only titanium 3.2 allotted to the dealership for February was promised several times on delivery in February from dealership as well as ford customer care also received email from marketing head ford to get ready to take home my new ford endeavor and now it looks like my vehicle has disappeared. The other endeavors booked after me have reached Mangalore but my vehicle has not come. Looks like it has been diverted to some one with influence. Pretty sad now trust ford to kill the joy of buying a new vehicle. Most likely i might end up canceling my booking. Way to go Ford
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 17:15   #15
BANNED

Good review, but the back of the SUV looks so awful that pushed me away from buying it, apart from the lack of head room. :\
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote