Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th September 2016, 22:01   #16
BHPian

Default Re: The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My parents' vehicle returns an absurdly low 9-11 KMPL - give two kmpl extra on highway. Got it checked during service but the re-tune takes away the fun driving aspect, which prompted us to go back to original setting. Petrol Hyundais are not known for mileage.
[/quote]

Hey Sebring, which model is this Eon?
I got a Eon 1.0L in June this year and am facing this issue of extremely low mileage. In the city I get 10kmpl.
However, the funny thing is on the highway I get 19.5kmpl.
The difference is huge and I am suspecting some sort of problem.

When you discussed the mileage issue with Hyundai service, what did they say? I have been told that my car needs to run a bi more before it starts giving a better mileage. But, I am not totally convinced.
ayankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 17:00   #17
BHPian

Update - ODO: 33200 kms

Complete the insurance renewal from the same provider through online payment. Total amount was around Rs.7,200 approx.

Also paid Extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year which cost me about Rs.5,000. The Hyundai person from OMR shollinganalur was helpful. Did the whole process through online NEFT and got certificate for the same in few days.

Attaching the cost of extended warranty for Hyundai Vehicles as of September 2016 as received from my contact.
The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-cost.png

Total Expense
Fuel Cost Rs.130,849.28
Service & Others Rs.47,556.95
Total Cost Rs.178,406.24

Going to celebrate 2nd birthday in 2 days.

Quote:
I got a Eon 1.0L in June this year and am facing this issue of extremely low mileage. In the city I get 10kmpl.
However, the funny thing is on the highway I get 19.5kmpl.
The difference is huge and I am suspecting some sort of problem.

When you discussed the mileage issue with Hyundai service, what did they say? I have been told that my car needs to run a bi more before it starts giving a better mileage. But, I am not totally convinced.
Hi,

I hope you aren't driving in bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore regularly. If that's the case it will surely give very low mileage. Running a bit more helps in knowing/understanding your cars capabilities and thus it improves the fuel efficiency. Do you use tank full method to calculate or what method?

Make sure the regular culprits like engine oil, tyre pressure, air filter are proper. Even I got a low mileage once due to low engine oil.

Happy Driving

Last edited by gm_arun : 27th September 2016 at 17:21. Reason: Added ownership update
gm_arun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 18:10   #18
BHPian

Its the 0.8 litre, DeLite Version. Even highway run is no good. Will be replacing the car shortly.

Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote