Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd September 2016, 12:38   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Namit
Its good and its clearly a step up in terms of visibility.
The accessory guy suggested to change [only] the high beam and he also mentioned all of the upgrades are done primarily for high beam for high way drive.
I told him I dont use high beam unless I want to alert others. He looked "puzzled" with this statement Though he accepted yet the reality is different that many drive with high beam on high way.

Prem.
Hi Prem,

Thanks for the inputs and I totally agree with the low beam preference opinion. I hope more and more people see the value in that but sometimes high beam is required badly. My commute sometimes involves early morning drives on the ORR and in certain sections I have to keep switching between the beams.

I avoid night highway driving as much as possible so might go for a low beam upgrade only.

Thanks,
Namit

Quote:
Few updates:

2) Asked about tyre upgrade with the accessory department.

6) I have a Bangalore-Madras scheduled tomorrow where I would be able to check up both the tyre and H11 performance in the highway/high speed conditions.

Prem.
Hi Prem,

Is the dealer Whitefield Honda and how was your highway experience with the upgraded tyres and low beam ?

Thanks,
Namit

Moderator's Note: Do not make back to back posts. Use the Multiquote option to respond to multiple people at one go. If you missed responding to someone and realize that immediately after posting you can edit your previous post for the first 30 minutes. We suggest you read the Announcements section thoroughly before you make your next post.

All the back to back posts have been merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd September 2016 at 13:22. Reason: See inline.
namitkumar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:52   #32
BHPian

Default Re: A Transformation: Beast to Baby! Tata Safari to Honda City VX CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by namitkumar31 View Post
Hi Prem,

Is the dealer Whitefield Honda and how was your highway experience with the upgraded tyres and low beam ?

Thanks,
Namit
Namit
Yes, its Whitefield Honda.

Highway experience - a couple of observations.

1) Driving felt good. Probably, its the money that was spent made me feel that way

2) Ground clearance is definitely increased - I dont know the exact number, but surely, its more now. While I was returning from Madras [in the Chithoor route], there was a speed breaker that didnt have any marking nor a board and I missed to notice that. I was in about 75+ KMPH speed and I just let the car go on the bump without doing anything !
Thank god - nothing happened except a considerable jump up and down. No bottom-scrapping happened to the car. I guess, this is due to an increase in the ground clearance.

3) Mileage - definite drop off about 1.5 KMPL in highway and 1 KMPL in City limits.

Hope this helps.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:58   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While I was returning from Madras [in the Chithoor route], there was a speed breaker that didnt have any marking nor a board and I missed to notice that. I was in about 75+ KMPH speed and I just let the car go on the bump without doing anything !
Thank god - nothing happened except a considerable jump up and down. No bottom-scrapping happened to the car.
When you hit a speed-breaker at that speed, there is no chance of scraping the bottom. The car will be thrown into a jump, like what you just experienced.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
When you hit a speed-breaker at that speed, there is no chance of scraping the bottom. The car will be thrown into a jump, like what you just experienced.
Buddy
Agreed, but I have had experience the lower bumper or the sides scrapping in such situations that didnt happen. May be, it wouldnt have happened with the stock tyres too !

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:34   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy
Agreed, but I have had experience the lower bumper or the sides scrapping in such situations that didnt happen. May be, it wouldnt have happened with the stock tyres too !
When we hit a bumper at speed, a low Front Bumper will scrape upon landing. But under-belly will not scrape. Reason for both is that the speed breaker is acting like a ramp for a small jump.

note:
One more point when we are buying used cars - check the lower part of the front bumper for scrapes.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 14:57   #36
BHPian

Default A Transformation: 1000 KM roadtrip update

Summary
I should say, I thoroughly enjoy the Honda City CVT, both the driving comfort and the adequate power.

• The highway dynamics are just great and am able to appreciate more since I am coming from "tall & bulky" SUV to a low hanging sedan.
  • High speed stability and the comfort that it provides me - a great feel.
  • The smooth ride till I encounter a speed breaker.
  • Overall, I am becoming more of a sedan lover!

A recent drive
Had been on a 1000 KM drive during the 2016 Christmas vacation.
80% highway drive - Bangalore > Trichy > Yercaud > Coimbatore > Bangalore.
Highway drive is just a cake-walk. No worries at all.

Breaking/Slowing down from triple digit speed - Good control, I would say without creating any panic situation for the passengers inside.

Drive from Namakkal town to Trichy is a single lane [two way traffic] highway. Again, I was expecting something really bad with the seating level of the sedan and the pitch dark roadway I was through. Surprisingly, it went well. I would contribute the comfort to (1) enough visibility by the OSRAM nightbreaker [only to the low beam and I don't use high beam unless needed to flash] and (2) the adequate/enough power that we get for overtaking in two traffic roads.
We all know City CVT is not a power machine, but good enough for most overtaking situations.

Above all, the CVT comfort in Bangalore city is just an amazing treat on a daily basis.

Last edited by kaviprem : 9th January 2017 at 15:01.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote