Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th December 2016, 15:13   #31
BHPian

Default Re: French Connection - A Renault Kwid comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Congrats on your ride mate. I am one of the latest to join the Kwid club. I have booked mine with the same dealer and hope to have happy miles with the vehicle. I have a quick question for you. What is the Insurance you opted for? Did you take the one offered in the showroom or got it done externally. I got a better quote from Bajaj Allianz (almost 7k cheaper than the one offered by the dealer). But I am not sure whether cashless facility is available. I was not able to find any Renault dealerships in the list given by Bajaj Allianz. The sales guy said they do have tie up, but when I called the service center they could not confirm . Can you please help me out a bit here?
Thanks
I had taken insurance externally and yes its about 7K cheaper. I had got from New India Assurance and they don't have cashless facility with Trident Renault. As I remember Trident Renault have tie ups with HDFC/ICICI but I am not quite sure.Check Policybazaar for different quotes. Based on my experience, Government backed Insurance companies are the cheapest but are least flexible.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 08:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
It is not something that I can't live with, but after driving other cars in my garage, this feels different. I plan to get this checked when I visit the service centre again. The issue is observed more while making U-turns.
Quote:
Completed 6200KM as on date. The car has been used majority in city with couple of highway drive to native.
I have got the wheel alignment and balancing done at 5K other than the free service and 2K KM.
Hi Mate,

I got my hands on the Outback Bronze K(w)id yesterday . I also have the steering self centering issue. I am very much used to Skoda (since 2009) and I do tend to compare any car with a Skoda. I expect the steering to self center. Was there any improvement after the wheel alignment? I also feel that the wheel alignment is not proper in my car. Need to get it checked soon.

Quote:
Update on Fuel Efficiency. .......
On a different note, despite setting the Fuel pump to auto cut off on full, the Petrol did spill again. Either this is a compatibility issue of nozzle or some design issue with Kwid.
Another thing I noticed yesterday. I did a tank full and after the cut off when I saw the Fuel level indicator, one point was still not lit up. . I suspect the indicator to be faulty. The reason being, I started to fill when there was last 2 points lit up and the cut off happened in 13l, meaning there was already 15l of fuel in the tank. Now when I take this into consideration there was 2 points indicated for 15l and 4 more after filling 13l? This doesnt add up. Did you face any such issue?
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 09:50   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mate,

I got my hands on the Outback Bronze K(w)id yesterday . I also have the steering self centering issue. I am very much used to Skoda (since 2009) and I do tend to compare any car with a Skoda. I expect the steering to self center. Was there any improvement after the wheel alignment? I also feel that the wheel alignment is not proper in my car. Need to get it checked soon.

Another thing I noticed yesterday. I did a tank full and after the cut off when I saw the Fuel level indicator, one point was still not lit up. . I suspect the indicator to be faulty. The reason being, I started to fill when there was last 2 points lit up and the cut off happened in 13l, meaning there was already 15l of fuel in the tank. Now when I take this into consideration there was 2 points indicated for 15l and 4 more after filling 13l? This doesnt add up. Did you face any such issue?
Congrats on the new acquisition. The steering wont self center. I was told there would be slight improvement on tire up-sizing, though I am not quite sure. I have now got used to it and don't find it annoying.
The fuel gauge is not well calibrated and is very sensitive. What you noticed is right, when there are last 2 points you would be able to fill anywhere between 11-15L, depending on how much you have driven after hitting last 2. Try a couple of times and it will show all points on tank full, sometimes you might have to top up after cutoff. Also be careful while doing tank full, some of the nozzles despite having auto cutoff , I have noticed fuel spilling over.

Last edited by PrideRed : 6th January 2017 at 09:51.
Old 6th January 2017, 09:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new acquisition. The steering wont self center. I was told there would be slight improvement on tire up-sizing, though I am not quite sure. I have now got used to it and don't find it annoying.
The fuel gauge is not well calibrated and is very sensitive. What you noticed is right, when there are last 2 points you would be able to fill anywhere between 11-15L, depending on how much you have driven after hitting last 2. Try a couple of times and it will show all points on tank full, sometimes you might have to top up after cutoff. Also be careful while doing tank full, some of the nozzles despite having auto cutoff , I have noticed fuel spilling over.
Thanks mate. Here is the pic for reference. There are total of 5 points lit up when the tank is full. I could not edit the previous post due to time constraints.

French Connection - A Renault Kwid comes home-fuel-indicator.jpg
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 10:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate. Here is the pic for reference. There are total of 5 points lit up when the tank is full. I could not edit the previous post due to time constraints.

Attachment 1592503
Yes I have noticed this couple of times. The factors are many like it depends on the nozzle, time of the day and calibration done by Renault. Sometimes The last point would lit up after driving for some distance. So yes, its not very accurate but once you get used to, you will know the equation .