Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th May 2016, 12:43   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI

I guess so. Also, I've always been curious, don't we have a law against possession of stolen merchandise. Leaving aside the actual time and effort to get a conviction, but aren't the auto guys parading around VW, Audi, and for god's sakes B9R symbols commiting a crime?
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 14:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Found a weird bug / feature with the MIB II. Whenever you play music over Bluetooth, and then switch to radio, the volume is minimised to 0. Is this by design? Was this there in the previous HU?
I don't think that should be by design since it will surely be an inconvenience for sure.

Quote:
So I have been forced into the unenvious position of parking on the street.
I have seen several Ventos missing their VW logos on the back, only to see VW logos adorned on autos.
Any tips on how to stop the same thing happening to my car? Cover maybe?
The only thing probably you can do is, Put on the cover every time you park on the street, Plus use those Tight covers which have to be secured from below the cars, All this will just buy you time, Those buggers would stay away from removing the cover and then trying to get the logo, It might just be time consuming for them.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 17:12   #18
BHPian

Bharat,

Nice car ! Do you have a VCDS cable and would you mind sharing a scan report ? I have a 2015 CL Jetta and i am planning to upgrade the Head Unit to a MIB2 one. I want to see whether there are any other components i need to upgrade - the scan report should tell me about the BCM etc in the new Jetta which i can compare with the scan report of mine.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 18:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Bharat,

Nice car ! Do you have a VCDS cable and would you mind sharing a scan report ? I have a 2015 CL Jetta and i am planning to upgrade the Head Unit to a MIB2 one. I want to see whether there are any other components i need to upgrade - the scan report should tell me about the BCM etc in the new Jetta which i can compare with the scan report of mine.
Will do next week. I am in Dubai right now, and my Aliexpress ordered VCDS cable is sitting unopened at home.
Old 20th May 2016, 12:27   #20
BHPian

I was going thro the review of the CLA class and noticed the picture about the windshield condensation.
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-mercedesbenzcla17.jpg

I remembered that this happens on my car too. When it rains, and the outside temperature is around 22-23 degress, and the inside is maintained at 21 degrees, it happens.
I tried changing the air intake, changing the AC from Auto to manual, to the face only etc, but nothing worked. The condensation is on the outside, and exactly where the picture above shows it.
Has this issue happened to other owners here, and has this been spoken about before? What do I do to make this stop?
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I was going thro the review of the CLA class and noticed the picture about the windshield condensation.

I remembered that this happens on my car too. When it rains, and the outside temperature is around 22-23 degress, and the inside is maintained at 21 degrees, it happens.
I tried changing the air intake, changing the AC from Auto to manual, to the face only etc, but nothing worked. The condensation is on the outside, and exactly where the picture above shows it.
Has this issue happened to other owners here, and has this been spoken about before? What do I do to make this stop?
Ideally it happens to almost all the cars during monsoon. The outside air is higher in humidity and when you try to maintain lower temperatures than outside, the windshield is going to get cooler and condensation is bound to happen. What i do is put off the air recirculation mode and let the outside air come in and try to maintain the temperature same as outside. By the way, do we really need AC to operate when outside is 22 C? I dont have auto AC in my jetta, but manual as well, i think 24 C is the comfortable temp for me.
Mission_PGPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK, It happens if the outside and the inside temperature is very different, Even the monsoon too its a common occurrence, No doubt its very annoying and i myself am not able to figure out what exactly is that should be done, But matching the outside and inside temperature sure does help a bit. I always keep the AC on Auto though.
Old 24th May 2016, 07:20   #23
BHPian

While I agree to the points above, the condensation doesn't go away even after syncing the outside and inside temperatures.
Changing to outside air helps, but invariably a stink / air pollution smell comes through.
However, this never happened on my i20. Anyway have to live with it I guess.
Old 24th May 2016, 11:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
While I agree to the points above, the condensation doesn't go away even after syncing the outside and inside temperatures.
Changing to outside air helps, but invariably a stink / air pollution smell comes through.
However, this never happened on my i20. Anyway have to live with it I guess.
Strange - i have never noticed it. I always keep the Recirculate in auto mode - maybe thats why. Or let me check one of these days when it's raining.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 10:44   #25
BHPian

A small update on things done on the Artemis in the past two weeks.

1. Gun metal black exhaust tips.
2. ABC aluminum pedals.
3. A small dustbin to throw waste paper while in the car :P
4. VCDS Tweaks
a. Horn beep on locking the car
b. Fog lights as coming home and leaving home lights.
c. Single side parking lights on enabling indicator
d. Needle sweep
e. Rain closing windows
f. Comfort turn signals to 4 instead of 3
g. Replenish quantity (it's way off. Not accurate)
h. Emergency brake flashing. (Not tested)
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 14:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Gun metal black exhaust tips.
2. ABC aluminum pedals.

Some pictures of these please! Have not seen the gun metal black tips till now, I had the silver ones fitted but it doesn't make any huge difference in the rear look of the car.
Old 25th May 2016, 15:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Some pictures of these please! Have not seen the gun metal black tips till now, I had the silver ones fitted but it doesn't make
any huge difference in the rear look of the car.
Hey bharat4ever, as Tanveer has requested, some pics of your Artemis please

One thing I have started really appreciating about these VAG cars is the fact that many of the global features are only disabled for Indian versions, and can be enabled based on the requirement.

Quote:

c. Single side parking lights on enabling indicator
e. Rain closing windows

h. Emergency brake flashing. (Not tested)
Points c & e are something that I wanted on my GT, but not sure if the BCM that I have would support that. In fact, I don't think that the point e is even applicable on my car as I don't even get rain sensing vipers, which I believe helps this function.

With respect to h, I have it enabled on my GT and take my work on this it works flawlessly. If you want to test it, ensure you get to an empty (safe) clear stretch and brake hard from about 80 km/hr, the hazards start blinking.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 16:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
One thing I have started really appreciating about these VAG cars is the fact that many of the global features are only disabled for Indian versions, and can be enabled based on the requirement.
That was the main reason i opted for the Jetta instead of the more VFM products like The cruze and elantra, There is just soo much you can do.

Quote:
Points c & e are something that I wanted on my GT, but not sure if the BCM that I have would support that. In fact, I don't think that the point e is even applicable on my car as I don't even get rain sensing vipers, which I believe helps this function.
Yes it works totally on the rain sensing vipers's, So regardless if your BCM supports it you'll first need the rain sensing sensor up front.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 17:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
That was the main reason i opted for the Jetta instead of the more VFM products like The cruze and elantra, There is just soo much you can do.

Yes it works totally on the rain sensing vipers's, So regardless if your BCM supports it you'll first need the rain sensing sensor up front.
One thing I don't get is, why disable these options in the first place. Something like instrument celebration. Costs nothing to implement, not sure if it has any side effects in the long run.
Old 25th May 2016, 18:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing I don't get is, why disable these options in the first place. Something like instrument celebration. Costs nothing to implement, not sure if it has any side effects in the long run.

None of the VCD tweaks cost a rupee, But several of them are so useful, But also how many people would know about it? Just a guess 95% of the people who buy VAG car's don't even know about such features.

Also parts sharing might play a role in this, A module found in a Audi might be fully explored but the same module found in a lower segmant car won't be fully utilised, Maybe.