Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th September 2016, 07:42   #76
BHPian

I started noticing it only after you mention it. So thanks for that! It's the relay clicking. Somehow doesn't occur when you press the right side of the horn pad.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 12:58   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I have a small question. When I press the horn pad each time a distinct metal switch clicking sound comes and it is irritating. Did you have this issue?
Doesn't happen in my car, Such things even those are really not worth our attention, But i do get annoyed with such things if it happens, Surely doesn't happen for me, But i say if its a very very minor click, Just get over it, Getting VW to fix something like this can be a gamble.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 14:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Doesn't happen in my car, Such things even those are really not worth our attention, But i do get annoyed with such things if it happens, Surely doesn't happen for me, But i say if its a very very minor click, Just get over it, Getting VW to fix something like this can be a gamble.
It is a minor thing, but to my (mechanical engineer's) ears, every single tik and tak is amplified and rings like a bell, until I know the cause of it. About taking to VW, I am used to hands-off maintenance on the job as well as on my car so, that will be last thing I would do.
Sometimes, new relays generate such 'tik' sound till the contacts get slightly worn and then it would vanish. I will still watch it, but will 'get-used-to' it in due course.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 14:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
It is a minor thing, but to my (mechanical engineer's) ears, every single tik and tak is amplified and rings like a bell, until I know the cause of it. About taking to VW, I am used to hands-off maintenance on the job as well as on my car so, that will be last thing I would do.
Sometimes, new relays generate such 'tik' sound till the contacts get slightly worn and then it would vanish. I will still watch it, but will 'get-used-to' it in due course.
Yup, That's the way to go, I have been living with a very minor door rattle in the front left door, But rather than letting the service center open up the door completely to fix the rattle, I decided to live with it! I am too very particular about any kind of noises in the car, And man if there is one, There goes my peaceful night's sleep till its rectified.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, That's the way to go, I have been living with a very minor door rattle in the front left door, But rather than letting the service center open up the door completely to fix the rattle, I decided to live with it! I am too very particular about any kind of noises in the car, And man if there is one, There goes my peaceful night's sleep till its rectified.
Man, I'm having a couple of rattles on the left side of the car, and it's driving me crazy. Will ask these service guys to check it when I send the car for the 7500 km checkup.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Man, I'm having a couple of rattles on the left side of the car, and it's driving me crazy. Will ask these service guys to check it when I send the car for the 7500 km checkup.
Its the same with me, Couple of rattles from the left front door, Decided to live with it, Since the last time they tried to fix it, They screwed up the wiring for the window switch!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:01   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Its the same with me, Couple of rattles from the left front door, Decided to live with it, Since the last time they tried to fix it, They screwed up the wiring for the window switch!
Yikes, will keep that in mind...

The things I want to ask them to check / fix for me during the next visit

1. Window rattles
2. Cupholder getting cold (rear AC vent leak?)
3. Conceal the dashcam wiring
4. Long shot, but Carplay/Android Auto activation
5. Small dent removal (talked about it a page or two back)
6. high beam alignment (seems a bit too high for me)
Old 24th September 2016, 18:33   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Yikes, will keep that in mind...

The things I want to ask them to check / fix for me during the next visit

1. Window rattles
2. Cupholder getting cold (rear AC vent leak?)
3. Conceal the dashcam wiring
4. Long shot, but Carplay/Android Auto activation
5. Small dent removal (talked about it a page or two back)
6. high beam alignment (seems a bit too high for me)
The MIB - II with app connect activated on the New Beetle in Chennai mount road showroom. The VW folks generally seem to have little knowledge on the particular issue regarding app connect / carplay / android auto. One person from the technical side said that since its VIN specific , VW needs to send activation codes on payment. He still maintains that it will take a couple of months.
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-img_0046.jpg
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 23:06   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
The MIB - II with app connect activated on the New Beetle in Chennai mount road showroom. The VW folks generally seem to have little knowledge on the particular issue regarding app connect / carplay / android auto. One person from the technical side said that since its VIN specific , VW needs to send activation codes on payment. He still maintains that it will take a couple of months.

What do you mean by on payment? An extra payment?

Also, anyone knows what this dome shaped thing is? You can see it when you look at the roof of the boot.
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-imageuploadedbyteambhp1474738557.027986.jpg
Old 24th September 2016, 23:20   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Also, anyone knows what this dome shaped thing is? You can see it when you look at the roof of the boot.
Attachment 1558620
It's the seat belt retracted inside for the middle passenger.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 09:39   #86
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1558620
yes, apparently if and when it comes, it might cost around 19,000/- extra. Its a feature that is activated for an additional cost in other countries.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 19:34   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's the seat belt retracted inside for the middle passenger.
Lol, I did not think of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
yes, apparently if and when it comes, it might cost around 19,000/- extra. Its a feature that is activated for an additional cost in other countries.
Still works out cheaper than all the other options out there.
Hope it comes soon, and hope that the service guys atleast get some knowledge about what I am asking them.
Old 1st October 2016, 08:21   #88
BHPian

The engine seems to have settled down better. Couple months back on a drive to Madurai the best I could get 17 kmpl.
Now on a drive to Mysore I got 19.1 kmpl, and at one point was 20.2 kmpl. Don't regret not getting a DSG at all now.
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-imageuploadedbyteambhp1475290157.016590.jpg
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-imageuploadedbyteambhp1475290280.955552.jpg
Old 10th October 2016, 16:27   #89
BHPian

Quote:
The engine seems to have settled down better. Couple months back on a drive to Madurai the best I could get 17 kmpl.
Now on a drive to Mysore I got 19.1 kmpl, and at one point was 20.2 kmpl. Don't regret not getting a DSG at all now.
Hmmm, this is interesting, on two counts; 20km/l on Mysore road is awesome, and I would assume you get a good notch higher on way to Madurai. And 20 is indeed very good performance.

The other part, I thought the ATs - especially the CVTs and DSGs have come a long way in terms of FE, and MTs (in general) have hardly any difference to boast about. But I guess a lot depends on the driving style as well. Anyways, I will take your trip-meter as a motivation and try to get somewhere closer on my next trip in two weeks

Btw, how did you get the Trip Meter to display in Km/L ? Mine always displays L/100Km. So its like "7.2/100L" now.

Last edited by sunsbhp : 10th October 2016 at 16:29.
sunsbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 08:34   #90
Senior - BHPian

Go to MID and under 'Units', you can select the km/l.
Attached Thumbnails
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI-1476241359405.jpg  

RajaTaurus is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote