Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2016, 11:23   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,943
Thanked: 1,679 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Am beginning to lose my patience now with these people; every time I've called him he seems to have some stupid reason ready!
This is actually unlike TML. Their products may not be of the best quality but their SAs are pretty down to earth and proactive, especially when it comes to the Safari.

Which dealer at Hyd are you dealing with?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 12:17   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 219
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is actually unlike TML. Their products may not be of the best quality but their SAs are pretty down to earth and proactive, especially when it comes to the Safari.

Which dealer at Hyd are you dealing with?
Sir, it is Venkataramana Motors @ Gachbowli Hyderabad. You're right about they being down to earth; but it's only so much you can take! Why I am complaining is because they cannot just always come up with reasons like 'spare parts guy was on leave', 'when he came I was on leave', 'got busy in a full day meeting' etc.etc.
Its not that TML don't have the means; in fact, the TMSC mobile app has a feature to log every service details. Why not upload this warranty replacement part# there; I can always refer to that for requisite info instead of repeated follow-ups! However, its just namesake; they seem to have some misplaced notion that logging all details in the app will reflect badly on the product as it may be interpreted to be 'unreliable'! C'mon now; does Tata really think Safari customers (both existing and probable) would care for that, which may then affect sales?! Instead, having the right details logged will only serve them better by giving customers confidence in the after sales service department; traditionally the weakest link in TML products!
avinash_m is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:42   #63
BHPian
 
doc_zeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: AP-28--->KA-25
Posts: 92
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

UPDATE

3rd SERVICE
Covered 22,500 kms in 10 months in The Storme. Had the third service done at 19200kms. But this was utterly a waste of time as the service guys didn't attend to any of the complaint i reported. So visited the ASC again three weeks and 3000kms after third service. Thanks to n.devdath sir, navpreet and avinash for their support in answering all my queries, in PM's, before the service.

1) Third service includes regular oil changes, all other regular check ups, fuel sedimentor cartridge replacement, wheel balancing and alignment.
Usually i stay with the storme during any services or repairs and get them done in half a day or less, at the service centre. This time i made a mistake of leaving the vehicle with them. Except for the oil change, i don't think they've touched anything.

2) Service centre guys successfully managed to screw up wheel alignment, which was perfect before. I had a huge trip from hubli to bangalore and from bangalore to hyderabad, next day after the third service, driven all in one day (so far the longest i've driven in a single day in Storme, 1080kms). Because of the screwed up alignment, i had a very uncomfortable ride, with the storme constantly pulling to the right and also excessive steering vibrations after crossing 100kmph. I had to visit the ASC again to get this corrected. Still i'm not sure about the alignment. I've also told the service manager to rotate the tires earlier during the service, which i'm sure they didn't bother. From now on, i'll be getting the balancing and alignment outside the ASC. I do the wheel rotation, balancing and alignment every 10k kms.

3) The second time i visited the ASC for screwed up things, i made them open up the air filter console and check the air filter, as i wasn't getting good mileage figures, even though i drove very sedately this time. It was completely clogged up with soot, dust, etc. So i'm not sure whether they even touched the air filter in third service. Got it cleaned. Not sure whether this might affect the mileage very much. I've been getting around 12 .5 kmpl on highways and around 10.5-11 kmpl in traffic. Any suggestions as what more can be done?
Good thing is i've learned how to open up the air filter console and replace the air filter, which i plan to DIY every 20k kms from now on.

4) The major concern i have now is, when the storme was lifted up we found little oil leakage from the intercooler hose near the bottom RHS of the radiator. Service head assured me that it's normal and got that area cleaned up and assured me not to worry. I'm attaching the pic of the leakage. Experts please guide me what to do. Is this normal? I've found out many articles of intercooler hose oil leakages but i'm not sure whether this leakage is normal or not.My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm-img_20170113_102645.jpg

5) RHS rear door squeaking, which wasn't fixed at the third service, inspite of me repeatedly informing them. Fixed this on the later visit. Except the LHS rear door, all other doors had their share of squeaking till now, even the boot door, and were corrected.

6) The 1st and 2nd gears are hard to operate. This has been since the beginning, but left this issue out, as i was tired of complaining about the gears repeatedly. This time the mechanic adjusted something below the gear box, when storme was jacked up and the slotting of gears improved a bit. Clutch pedal play remains the same, a bit hard. But this isn't worsening over time.

7) The AC refrigerant was replaced during the third service, according to the service manager, as i complained about the faulty AC functioning. After the vehicle delivery from the service the AC functioning was good for about an hour and later it got faulty again. Reported this during my extended visit later on, but had no time to get this corrected.

8) I've observed this recently in the storme. Whenever i return to home, after running the vehicle with AC turned on, i hear some strange noises from the rear over head AC for about 5 to 10 mins, after switching of the vehicle. The noise is very strange, as if the aliens were communicating. I've even recorded this in my mobile. This is heard in quiet environments. Any other storme owners experienced this? This is heard even if the rear AC isn't used during running.

9) Front roof lamp switch was malfunctioning and the assembly was replaced.

10) Windscreen washer fluid container accumulated slimy green algae. I'm yet to find out how to clear it or how to remove the washer fluid reservoir. It seems adding bleach clears the gunk, but i don't want to risk clogging up the lines. This might be the reason i'm feeling the spray from the windshield washers isn't adequate.

AC malfunctioning issue is pending as of now, which i plan to get it rectified shortly. Also i plan to get the wheel rotation, balancing and alignment again and air filter replacement.

There's a brief flickering of lights, occasionally, whenever AC is used while driving. Checked the battery multiple times and everything is fine. Service head assured me that this is common in storme. He even showed me the same in three other stormes. Even other Storme owners reported this.

Apart from the niggles, Storme has been running great. Got the throw of headlights beam adjusted. Even low beam is great now, which was useless on highways earlier. Apart from the few Goa and hyderabad trips, nothing much clocked in storme for the past few months.

Thanks to few T-Bhpians who were helpful in answering my queries.

Will post up any more updates. Thanks for your time.
doc_zeus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 23:33   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,943
Thanked: 1,679 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
Is this normal? I've found out many articles of intercooler hose oil leakages but i'm not sure whether this leakage is normal or not.
No oil leak is EVER normal. Oil wicking though, is. In your case, it looks like there is quite some amount of oil that is leaking. Please check the junction where the bottom hose joins the intercooler and have the clip tightened and/or the hose replaced. That should solve it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
8) The noise is very strange, as if the aliens were communicating. I've even recorded this in my mobile. This is heard in quiet environments. Any other storme owners experienced this? This is heard even if the rear AC isn't used during running.
Can you put up the sound here? This is intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
10) Windscreen washer fluid container accumulated slimy green algae. I'm yet to find out how to clear it or how to remove the washer fluid reservoir.
What water do you fill for the washer fluid? It is a good idea to fill distilled or boiled water to avoid algae and salt formation. The best way to clean it is to remove it and wash it using a HP water spray. The pipes too would have some algae by now and you can clean them by using a syringe and passing medium pressure water through them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
AC malfunctioning issue is pending as of now, which i plan to get it rectified shortly. Also i plan to get the wheel rotation, balancing and alignment again and air filter replacement.
Is your issue similar to what is being discussed on the official review thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
There's a brief flickering of lights, occasionally, whenever AC is used while driving. Checked the battery multiple times and everything is fine. Service head assured me that this is common in storme. He even showed me the same in three other stormes. Even other Storme owners reported this.
I disagree to what the service staff told you. I would recommend you have your alternator idling and running voltage checked, at the rectifier end. Voltage fluctuation is not normal.

Miss BD Sir for discussions like these. :(
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 08:14   #65
BHPian
 
doc_zeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: AP-28--->KA-25
Posts: 92
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
No oil leak is EVER normal. Oil wicking though, is. In your case, it looks like there is quite some amount of oil that is leaking. Please check the junction where the bottom hose joins the intercooler and have the clip tightened and/or the hose replaced. That should solve it.
They tightened something near the junction, may be the hose clip sir and assured me not to worry. I thought to wait for a few days and re check again for any oil leak. I'll visit the service centre again this weekend, just to be sure.


Quote:
Can you put up the sound here? This is intriguing.
Here's the link of the weird noises. Please don't mind the hissing sound in the video. It might be because of my phone poor audio recording.


Quote:
What water do you fill for the washer fluid? It is a good idea to fill distilled or boiled water to avoid algae and salt formation. The best way to clean it is to remove it and wash it using a HP water spray.
I usually use the drinking water to fill up the reservoir, most of the times. I even tried to clear the lines and the tank once using some descaling agents mixed with some water and filled the container with that, gave it a rest for about 5 mins and then pumped that using washer stalk, so that lines also would clear of any salt formation. Only recently i noticed this algae formation. I'll try to remove the washer reservoir this week sir. Looks like there are three or four bolts holding it.

Quote:
Is your issue similar to what is being discussed on the official review thread?
Yes sir, mine is also the same issue.

Quote:
I would recommend you have your alternator idling and running voltage checked, at the rectifier end.
They told me they've checked this the first time i gave the storme for 3rd service. I'm thinking to visit any other good outside garage and check this out. Even the intercooler hose.
doc_zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 08:35   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Newest capital
Posts: 381
Thanked: 821 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
UPDATE

3rd SERVICE
Covered 22,500 kms in 10 months in The Storme. Had the third service done at 19200kms. But this was utterly a waste of time as the service guys didn't attend to any of the complaint i reported. So visited the ASC again three weeks and 3000kms after third service. Thanks to n.devdath sir, navpreet and avinash for their support in answering all my queries, in PM's, before the service.

1) Third service includes regular oil changes, all other regular check ups, fuel sedimentor cartridge replacement, wheel balancing and alignment.
Usually i stay with the storme during any services or repairs and get them done in half a day or less, at the service centre. This time i made a mistake of leaving the vehicle with them. Except for the oil change, i don't think they've touched anything.
Which service center was this? If you are in Hyderabad I would suggest you visit Concorde sanath nagar workshop.
damodar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 09:38   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,943
Thanked: 1,679 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
I'll visit the service centre again this weekend, just to be sure.


Here's the link of the weird noises.

Looks like there are three or four bolts holding it.

Yes sir, mine is also the same issue.

They told me they've checked this the first time i gave the storme for 3rd service. I'm thinking to visit any other good outside garage and check this out. Even the intercooler hose.
When you visit the service centre/garage, please have the complete area washed using diesel followed by soap water so that it is easy to monitor the leak if it comes back. Also, a clean engine ensures a cooler engine.

The noises sound like air travelling through pipes and mostly being amplified near the rear blower but are actually emanating from elsewhere, mostly the cooling coil. Can you cross check it with another Safari? I will also do it.

Its easy to dismantle the washer reservoir and refit it. You can do it at home and clean it better than the grease monkeys at the ASC.

Yes, it is not a bad idea to visit a local garage and have the alternator and the intercooler hose checked. If possible, go to a place where Sumos and Indicas go, they know TML vehicles well.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 23:34   #68
BHPian
 
Seek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 171
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
UPDATE

3rd SERVICE
Covered 22,500 kms in 10 months in The Storme. Had the third service done at 19200kms. But this was utterly a waste of time as the service guys didn't attend to any of the complaint i reported. So visited the ASC again three weeks and 3000kms after third service. Thanks to n.devdath sir, navpreet and avinash for their support in answering all my queries, in PM's, before the service.

8) I've observed this recently in the storme. Whenever i return to home, after running the vehicle with AC turned on, i hear some strange noises from the rear over head AC for about 5 to 10 mins, after switching of the vehicle. The noise is very strange, as if the aliens were communicating. I've even recorded this in my mobile. This is heard in quiet environments. Any other storme owners experienced this? This is heard even if the rear AC isn't used during running.
Mine just got done with the 3rd service at 20,333 kms today (concorde motors, ecr, chennai) and all complaints (all minor ones) have been addressed. Not sure if the sound you are mentioning is the same as what i (and maybe many others) experience. In my case its a hissing sound of different frequencies just at the time of starting the AC. Lasts for 10-15 seconds and then all is normal. Been there from day 1 and looks like a normal sound. Not there at the point of shutting off the AC though.
Seek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 15:25   #69
BHPian
 
doc_zeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: AP-28--->KA-25
Posts: 92
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Which service center was this? If you are in Hyderabad I would suggest you visit Concorde sanath nagar workshop.
This workshop is in Hubli,KA sir. I actually planned to get my 20k kms and other minor repairs at hyderabad this time, but missed it. Even few others suggested Sanathnagar workshop. Will definitely visit them next time i visit hyderabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The noises sound like air travelling through pipes and mostly being amplified near the rear blower but are actually emanating from elsewhere, mostly the cooling coil. Can you cross check it with another Safari? I will also do it.

Its easy to dismantle the washer reservoir and refit it. You can do it at home and clean it better than the grease monkeys at the ASC.

Yes, it is not a bad idea to visit a local garage and have the alternator and the intercooler hose checked. If possible, go to a place where Sumos and Indicas go, they know TML vehicles well.
I tried to check two other stormes at service centre for this weird noise sir, but couldn't perceive them as the place was too noisy.
I'll try to dismantle the washer reservoir this week sir. i actually planned to install the check valve for windshield washer pipes after looking at a4anurag's DIY in his swift. I'm waiting for the part to be delivered. Here's the link to the page of anurag's DIY
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...-km-up-44.html

I'm searching for any good local garage at my place for the past 2 days sir. I'm worried about this intercooler hose oil leak. According to what i found out, little sweating from the intercooler hose is common, but excessive oil leaks may be because of faulty turbo oil seals and the oil seals alone can't be replaced. The whole turbo assembly should be replaced. Not sure how much of this info is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Mine just got done with the 3rd service at 20,333 kms today (concorde motors, ecr, chennai) and all complaints (all minor ones) have been addressed. Not sure if the sound you are mentioning is the same as what i (and maybe many others) experience. In my case its a hissing sound of different frequencies just at the time of starting the AC. Lasts for 10-15 seconds and then all is normal. Been there from day 1 and looks like a normal sound. Not there at the point of shutting off the AC though.
Mine is audible after completely shutting off the engine. What i have recorded is the noise 2mins after shutting down the engine. Even while running i hear hissing , but i guess this is common to all AC's, as the gas flows through the copper pipes.
doc_zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 17:21   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,943
Thanked: 1,679 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
This workshop is in Hubli,KA sir. I actually planned to get my 20k kms and other minor repairs at hyderabad this time, but missed it. Even few others suggested Sanathnagar workshop. Will definitely visit them next time i visit hyderabad.
Let me find out a good garage at Hubli and let you know. I have a few friends there who can help.


Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
I tried to check two other stormes at service centre for this weird noise sir, but couldn't perceive them as the place was too noisy.
I'll try to dismantle the washer reservoir this week sir. i actually planned to install the check valve for windshield washer pipes after looking at a4anurag's DIY in his swift.
Well, I find it an overkill but it is an interesting DIY nevertheless.


Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
I'm searching for any good local garage at my place for the past 2 days sir. I'm worried about this intercooler hose oil leak. According to what i found out, little sweating from the intercooler hose is common, but excessive oil leaks may be because of faulty turbo oil seals and the oil seals alone can't be replaced. The whole turbo assembly should be replaced. Not sure how much of this info is accurate.
Actually, you can go to any reputed local garage. The beauty of the Safari is its simplicity and hence, any experienced mechanic should be able to plug the leak at the hose. For other issues such as a failed turbo seal, it is best to avail your warranty but that is only if it exists.


Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
Mine is audible after completely shutting off the engine. What i have recorded is the noise 2mins after shutting down the engine. Even while running i hear hissing , but i guess this is common to all AC's, as the gas flows through the copper pipes.
Do me a favour. Can you check if the noise comes even if you shut down the engine after a quick one minute start and idling in the morning without turning the AC or the blower ON?


And yes Doc, I'm not qualified enough to be addressed as "Sir" multiple times in a single reply.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 18:35   #71
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,969
Thanked: 2,489 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post

4) The major concern i have now is, when the storme was lifted up we found little oil leakage from the intercooler hose near the bottom RHS of the radiator..
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
No oil leak is EVER normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
They tightened something near the junction,
Guys, first off Intercooler should have only air in it and NEVER oil. If oil has entered the intercooler, it happens when the Turbo oil seal is gone allowing oil from the turbo to enter the intercooler.

I suggest, making them remove the intercooler and and also the turbo outlet and check for oil on the sides. If there is oil, turbo definitely needs to serviced and turbo seals replaced.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 00:55   #72
BHPian
 
doc_zeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: AP-28--->KA-25
Posts: 92
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Let me find out a good garage at Hubli and let you know. I have a few friends there who can help.

Do me a favour. Can you check if the noise comes even if you shut down the engine after a quick one minute start and idling in the morning without turning the AC or the blower On
Thanks a lot . it will be of great help if you can refer any good garage here.

Regarding the noise, it's seen only when AC is turned on. Because of the cold weather here, I didn't use the AC for few days and sometimes only blower was sufficient. I never heard those noises then.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Guys, first off Intercooler should have only air in it and NEVER oil. If oil has entered the intercooler, it happens when the Turbo oil seal is gone allowing oil from the turbo to enter the intercooler.

I suggest, making them remove the intercooler and and also the turbo outlet and check for oil on the sides. If there is oil, turbo definitely needs to serviced and turbo seals replaced.
I'll definitely follow up this oil leakage issue ASAP. I've read somewhere that newer turbos oil seals can't be replaced and if replacement is needed due to oil leak, the whole turbo assembly has to be replaced. Is this true? I'm sure my service head will give me an answer that turbo oil seal has been replaced and problem has been solved, when he attends to this issue, whether this can be done or not.
doc_zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 17:00   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,943
Thanked: 1,679 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
I've read somewhere that newer turbos oil seals can't be replaced and if replacement is needed due to oil leak, the whole turbo assembly has to be replaced. Is this true?
Turbochargers are repairable units however, ASCs do not have the training or the spares to repair them. Also, since your vehicle is under warranty, if there is a leak from the turbo, you must insist on a full unit replacement, not repair.

TML is pretty considerate and proactive in warranty replacements and should give you a new turbo easily.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 11:52   #74
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,969
Thanked: 2,489 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
I'll definitely follow up this oil leakage issue ASAP. I've read somewhere that newer turbos oil seals can't be replaced and if replacement is needed due to oil leak, the whole turbo assembly has to be replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
TML is pretty considerate and proactive in warranty replacements and should give you a new turbo easily.
+1 to devdath message. Turbo's get service kits, but since your's car is under warranty, insist on a new one, if you find oil in turbo outlet hose.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 10:55   #75
BHPian
 
doc_zeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: AP-28--->KA-25
Posts: 92
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Turbochargers are repairable units however, ASCs do not have the training or the spares to repair them. Also, since your vehicle is under warranty, if there is a leak from the turbo, you must insist on a full unit replacement, not repair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
+1 to devdath message. Turbo's get service kits, but since your's car is under warranty, insist on a new one, if you find oil in turbo outlet hose.

Visited the service centre yesterday and got the intercooler oil leak checked up. Below is the pic of the leak currently. Looks like the leak has reduced a bit, but it left a huge oil stain on the underbody protector plate, below the engine and intercooler. Service manager informed me that he would replace the intercooler, as soon as the stock arrives. According to the service centre guys, a little oil leak into the intercooler is normal. There was even a guy among them, who told me that engine oil circulates through the intercooler. Intercooler arrives by next week and i'll update as soon as work is done.My Highway King - Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 Nm-img_20170202_120844.jpg

A minor update of Storme. I've got the alignment and wheel rotation done outside last week. I noticed gradual loss of air on one of the tires prior to alignment. With great difficulty, we found out a long, slender nail in the tire. Even after closing up the puncture, the air is still leaking @ around 1 psi/day. I've been monitoring with the TPMS and also the tire inflator. We've rechecked the whole tire several times but couldn't find the source of air leak. May be the valve is blown, but it doesn't leak air on spraying the water. Any suggestions as to what more can be done?
doc_zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review ACM Official New Car Reviews 632 21st November 2017 19:35
My Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (400 Nm) navpreet318 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 8th July 2017 22:46
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 launched at Rs. 13.25 lakh S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 118 28th December 2015 18:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:37.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks