Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd August 2016, 00:05   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+

Hello Sandesh,
Thank you for the informative thread. I am considering buying Figo Petrol and would like to know if the current FE figures you get. Since I see that your driving style is more sedate, it would give me a good indication of what to expect. And also can you compare the FE with your Grand i10 (if it is Petrol)?
vivee90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post
Hello Sandesh,
Thank you for the informative thread. I am considering buying Figo Petrol and would like to know if the current FE figures you get. Since I see that your driving style is more sedate, it would give me a good indication of what to expect. And also can you compare the FE with your Grand i10 (if it is Petrol)?
The Figo's FE seems to have improved a bit as the car nears 2000kms on the odometer. The last full tank FE I got was 13.1 kmpl with AC on all the time and being driven mostly within the city. On the current tank full, it has returned 12.7 kmpl so far. I feel the FE figures will drop drastically if the car is driven in slow moving bumper to bumper traffic.

On a highway run of around 90kms , the car returned an impressive average of 16.9 kmpl, again with AC on all the time and speeds hovering between 90 and 100 .

I guess the 1.2 Figo is a reasonably fuel efficient car. I am quite ok with the FE it is has returned so far and the FE is on par with the other petrol hatchbacks we've owned. I am also ok with the lethargic acceleration of the car which at times requires frequent gear shifts. But that being said, the car pulls well without stalling at low speeds and higher gears. It's just that the car takes time to accelerate in such cases compared to other cars like say the Grand i10.

Coming to our Grand i10, its a petrol and its FE seems to be slightly better than the Figo. The Grand i10 constantly returns 13.5-14 kmpl, again with AC on all the time.

The Grand i10 is accelerates much better than the Figo. But at higher speeds,the Figo feels more solid. The Grand i10 will be Two years old this December and so far I have no complaints about any rattles. But on our four month old Figo, rattles have already started from the door pads. The Figo's(titanium+) infotainment system sounds better and clearer than the Grand i10's. Features wise, the Figo blows the Grand i10 away. The plastics and the fit&finish is far better in the Grand i10. Though it is quite early in the Figo ownership for me, I felt Hyundai service support is far better than Ford.

If you are considering the Grand i10 and the Figo, please do wait as it seems a mid-life facelift of the Grand i10
Is just around the corner. I expect Hyundai will add a few features to the car along with some cosmetic changes.
skanchan95 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:01   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+

Thank you again for such clear explanation. I am also impressed by some unique features in Figo like the mobile dock (Titanium), extended battery usage after key removal and safety features. The equivalent Grand i10 doesn't have ABS, and that is a huge drawback. Knowing that the Figo is a new car, coming from a new plant is a cause of concern for some build issues like you mentioned.

Good luck and Happy Motoring!
vivee90 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 12:22   #34
BHPian

Default Front Arm Rest

Inspired by CrazyToDrive's armrest installation on his Aspire, I began looking for a similar option for my Figo.

Enquired with Car Decor, Mangalore and he said he has a generic one which will snap on to the panel between the seats. No drilling or screws required. Got this for Rs 1300/-.

View from the driver's side door:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+-viewdrivers-side.jpg

Top View:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+-topempty.jpg

Top View with my hand resting on it:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+-toparm.jpg

Front View:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+-front-view.jpg

Back Seat View:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+-back-view.jpg

Close up:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+-closeup.jpg

Arm rest open:
Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+-armrestopen.jpg

The arm rest console does not interfere with operation of the handbrake and I find it reasonably comfortable. Neither does it rattle nor does it feel loose. Slight effort is now required to fasten the seatbelt in its receptacle. I would have preferred the armrest be a bit higher but that's probably because I have kept the driver's seat height adjusted to one notch below the highest height setting.

In case the armrest console becomes loose in the future, I plan to drill holes in the lower part of the arm rest console and fasten it with the screws that are present in the Figo and Aspire as shown below, as per my height requirements.

skanchan95 is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 17:08   #35
BHPian

Default Re: Front Arm Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Inspired by CrazyToDrive's armrest installation on his Aspire, I began looking for a similar option for my Figo.

Enquired with Car Decor, Mangalore and he said he has a generic one which will snap on to the panel between the seats. No drilling or screws required. Got this for Rs 1300/-.
Hey Sandesh, the armrest looks nice and matches the seat covers as well.
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote