Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th June 2017, 20:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Quick update from a weekend highway trip covering ~1100 KMs :
Route : Bangalore-Coimbatore-Pollachi-Valparai-Pollachi-Coimbatore-Bangalore
Good update and pics! I have done this route multiple times in the last few years as I had a cousin who was working for Tata Coffee in Valparai. It is very good that you stuck to the route that you have taken and did not venture out further from Valparai & beyond in the Parambikulam dam route. Until the dam the roads are fine, but beyond that the road becomes very narrow and it becomes very difficult for 2 hatchbacks to pass each other without one of them going onto the shoulder of the road. We did this only once when we wanted to visit Athirampally waterfalls. Though the falls visit was good, getting there and back was horrific with unruly traffic and small roads. The roads are well laid but very narrow. Would have been harrowing with the cross over on those roads. This is an update from early 2016 so not sure if situation has improved now or not. Doubt it though since there was no scope for road expansion during our last visit as it is a cliff on one side and hill on the other.

OT: Glad to see that you're enjoying the beast for what it was meant to be. Was thinking i will find some updates on FE here too but you have managed to omit it somehow!! Not that it is a bad thing to share FE for the trip but the stir you caused on the official review thread by scaring other 1.6 owners was a sight to behold!!
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2017, 13:31   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
1100 kms over the weekend is what the Scross 1.6 loves to do. The area around Aaliyaar dam looks stunning.
Thank you kpzen Saheb. Lets do a coastal drive across Karnataka with some like minded folks soon.
As wiseman quotes : "Water is the most perfect traveler, because when it travels it becomes the path itself"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Next time in CBE, I shall try this route.
Coimbatore to Pollachi road work is in progress but still it is in much better shape than what it was couple of months ago. Vehicles with low GC might need to be little cautious, but for the crossover it was piece of cake with some nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good update and pics! I have done this route multiple times in the last few years as I had a cousin who was working for Tata Coffee in Valparai. It is very good that you stuck to the route that you have taken and did not venture out further from Valparai & beyond in the Parambikulam dam route.
Thanks Abhinav. This is just 110 kms away from our place in Coimbatore hence it was a day-trip planned specifically to visit Aaliyar dam & Sri Balaji temple en route Valparai. Temple is located in a private estate and there is a deviation at left side one needs to take for ~7 KMs enroute Valparai to reach the scared place. After this, there is another deviation at the 5 KMs mark. We missed the sign-board on the left and went ahead for another 2.5 kms up the hill where the road literally ended and we had to return. Though the roads up the hill are fantastic to drive it became very narrow during those 2.5 kms and guess what, we came head on with a Govt. Bus. (for a moment i thought of meeting the GOD directly rather at the temple) But both the Bus driver and myself kept calm and I had to shoulder of the road to let the Bus pass by. That was quite an experience with 4 other family members on-board, so I can totally relate to what you have mentioned. As always thanks for the pointers, they are of great help not just for me but for folks reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
OT: Glad to see that you're enjoying the beast for what it was meant to be. Was thinking i will find some updates on FE here too but you have managed to omit it somehow!!
You bet. I'm in complete form now after this trip and tusker is also in too much free revving mode. You shall never see mention of FE anymore unless someone sends me private message asking for the same. I do like to live in peace and harmony without causing a stir

Last edited by Keynote : 30th June 2017 at 13:33.
Keynote is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 18:41   #108
BHPian

Few pictures of my tusker from a Sunday drive of ~200 KMs within Namma Bengaluru. We did spot many vehicles with team-bhp stickers during this short trip.

Who says current version of Scross doesn't look good in its stock avatar? All these pictures are taken on #iphone without any filters or post processing.

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified-img5451.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified-img5448-1.jpg

Attachment 1657843
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L - Addictiveness Personified-img5450.jpg  

Keynote is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 01:07   #109
BHPian

The car looks absolutely stunning in that color and from those angles. It's one of my favorite colors, if not the best, on the current generation S-Cross. It comes closest to Black.
I hope they launch at least the facelift with the black color option! Would look absolutely wicked in black with blackened front grill and alloys. Just drooling even thinking about it.
Djay is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote