Team-BHP - The new love of my life - MH 01 MA 1402
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The new love of my life - MH 01 MA 1402 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/17773-new-love-my-life-mh-01-ma-1402-a.html)

My Zen had been serving me well since the past 5 years . But it soon started showing its age. I bought it in 2001 a 97 model so a total of 9 years and 1 lakh km plus later the time had come for a change.

I have always been smitten by the OHC Type 2 and had always dreamed of owning one especially after being around them and hearing good about their reliability and low service costs. Like ant other enthusiast I always used to ook at them on the road and say to myself " If only I had one". So I told my parents that I'm planning on changing the car. Though my parents knew all along that I was only looking for an OHC, they put me in a soup by telling my that I should go in for brand new Santro AT rather than a used Honda City AT. Me not being a Hyundai lover and the thought of living with a Santro for the next 5 years was something like a nightmare for plus the thought of forgetting the thought of a Honda for another 5 years but I somehow couldnt put up against them so I agreed. I visited the Hyundai showroom and after seeing the Santro my dad said to me" Dippy, you can still find a Honda if you want" That was it for me and so began my search for a good used OHC Type 2 AT.

The first car in consideration was that of a gentleman who was my friend's ex boss . This car was a 2002 ltd Edition and was Black in colour. It had run just 30,000 kms and was in great condition. I expressed my desire to buy it but he asked for time to consult his family. I expected a positive reply but as luck would have it he decided not to part with it.

But I had decided by then that even though i would have to wait I would buy an OHC only. Few days later I made frantic calls to the used car divisions of Honda dealers and Automart india as well but no one had any AT cars. I left my no. just in case something came up. 2 days later I received a call from Automart india sayin they were getting a car. he mentioned it being a 2001. i was hestitant for moment since i was pref looking for a 2002. But he told me that the car had run just 33000 kms. So I decided to take a look. I went to the Automart showroom to see the car . I was a bottle green completely stock. The body had scratches on it and a teent weeny dent. Automart agreed to refurbish the car and get rid of the scratches at their cost. So i too the plunge. I paid them the token and they promised me a Ganapati delivery. They were supposed to take possession of the car from the previous owner in 2 days after i saw it. So I went home a happy soul waiting with enthusiasm for the new arrival. Happy ending isnt it?

But its after all this that disaster struck. The previous owner refused to let go of his car until he got his new one. This delay took its toll and Ganapati came and went and no car for me. Finally the other gentleman got his car and he agreed to let go. I thought i would now get my car atleast after the the inauspisious "shradh" period. But that didnt happen. Even shradh passed but i was without a car. Apparently there was some loan clearing formalities which were delaying it now. Each day was getting frustrating for me but i had no choice as getting a low run car was very difficult. A week ago i read an ad in the Times Drive about a Honda City AT for sale but i didnt bother since i was already committed to buying this car. Another frustrating week passed when my brother finally insisted that I go see the car mentioned in the ad.

I called up the person and went to see the car. There standing in the parking lot was a mint looking Honda City Type 2 AT. The car was Golden in colour and was an October 2003 model. It had beige interiors with upholstery to match and how much had it run? Just 24000 kms. Just 24000? I was stunned. I took a test drive. The car hadnt been revved in its life and hey it hadnt even turned 3 years old. The guy me that I could check with Honda for the service history which I did and the service history was correct. I wasted no time at all. Made a couple of calls to my parents and finalized it then and there. Three days later Itook delivery on Sunday, the eve of Dassera.

Getting behind the wheels of this machine just does something to you. The feeling of havin that "H" on your steering is out of this world. The car smells like a new car, the body line is perfect. In short shes a virgin. I have been driving this car from only the past two days but I just cant have enough. The joy of driving has just come back to me again.

And thus has started my love affair with MH 01 MA 1402 Gold Honda City Type 2 4AT. She is completely stock at the moment with the Bridgestone S322s and the Honda Cassette player. Tyres and alloys will be added in due course. Just plonked in a K&N filter today.

Here are some pictures. Took them by phone cam for now. Better pictures for the garage will follow. A big thank you to my brother for telling me to go see this car and also to all my friends who have supported me all along.

Better pictures in my Garage

hey hey !!!!!!
Congrats dipy on your purchase !!

she sure is a stunner and a virgin ;) !!

Wish you a hell lotta driving in that beauty !!!

congratulations buddy....!!!clap:
its party time...!!
but what happened to that other fellows car...!!

I presume you got a refund for the Automart booking . And congrats on your OHC - II :)

Congratulations! This car is a beauty.... You are very lucky to have found such a clean one!
Enjoy.....

Hey Dippy congrats on finding such a well maintained/low-mileage car!! May you have some fascinating drives with this car. And most important of all welcome to the OHC club :D

Congrats, Dippy! Nice clean car.

Congragulations,really good deal.Awesome car and yes hope you too take good care of this babe.

Ps:Another member joins the Honda fan club.

Congrats,dippy.
Im so glad and this marriage was definitely made in heaven.

congrats dippy!!getting virgins r pretty hard these days!!!!!!!!
a very geniune deal

hey nice. guessing u got the car from jumbo eh ? how much did u sort out the car for ?

dippy,
glad that you have re-discovered the joy of driving. thats one helluva love story :) . how much did you pay for that car ?

Hey Dippy,

Congrates For Your New Ride..clap:

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

I was very amazed after seeing such a neat & clean car right from the interiours to the engine bay & rear hood it looked as if its untouched and in showroom condition, hard to find such cars in mumbai. dippy you are one lucky dude man! congrats again.

Congrats buddy, great car enjoy it to the fullest. What a beaut!!