Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th November 2016, 21:01   #31
BHPian

Default Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT

Hi ,wanted to ask you as an owner of ecosport at,how do think it stands as a city vehicle for my better half in comparison to polo gt tsi as they are in the same price band?

Last edited by drchernish : 9th November 2016 at 21:02.
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 09:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi ,wanted to ask you as an owner of ecosport at,how do think it stands as a city vehicle for my better half in comparison to polo gt tsi as they are in the same price band?
From a convenience point of view, the EcoSport AT is a delight to drive in the cities. It is 4m so parking isn't that much of an issue as it would be for a sedan. Comparable with a hatch though.

Now coming specifically to the Polo GT TSI vs EcoSport AT comparison: the one issue could be the ease and comfort level your spouse has in driving in SUVish vehicle vs a typical low slung hatch.

Parking camera and sensors make backing up/parking relatively easy.

If the tall seating position doesn't bother her in terms of road visibility, I'd strongly recommend the EcoSport over the Polo as it serves more value (carrying capacity for highway drives, ability to tackle bad roads).

A long TD of both should make the decision easier purely from a ease-of-driving standpoint.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 14:49   #33
BHPian

Thanks for quick reply but don't you think polo has better visibility than ecosport with its blind spots?Camera with screen has to be installed in both. Sorry for pestering you with questions since my wife is a newbie driver and don't want to mess her first encounter with 4 wheels!
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 14:55   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Thanks for quick reply but don't you think polo has better visibility than ecosport with its blind spots?Camera with screen has to be installed in both. Sorry for pestering you with questions since my wife is a newbie driver and don't want to mess her first encounter with 4 wheels!
Also try out the new Honda Brio AT, I know a couple of women friends who have it & absolutely love it for its compactness, class & maneuverability. And excellent visibility from driver's seat & the rear. The new 2016 version also has improved equipment & interiors.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 15:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If she's just starting out driving, and it will be used only in the city, why not consider other hatches such as Brio, Grand i10, i20, Jazz?

My wife has just starting driving as well, and although EcoSport does need some getting used to, its not a deal breaker as such.

When I was in the market, I wanted something that could be used comfortably for highway runs so didn't consider hatches.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote