Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th July 2017, 18:24   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The low beam comes on when you switch on the fog lamp (through the fog lamp switch next to headlamp leveler)

The XP Micro high beam is connected to the headlight high beam; so the XP Micro high beam will come on *if* the headlight is switched on and on high beam.

You can't have the high beam on XP Micro without the headlight being switched on and on high beam.
Hey thats a wonderful addition. Absolutely vital in rainy season on Pune's peripheral roads I must say. I'm glad I stumbled onto your thread as I was looking for something like this desperately. Have sent a query to Xenonplanet already. Waiting for a feedback from them.

The wiring can be customized I assume to decide when the lamp / high-beam comes up based on needs. But one query - Does your fog lamp also change to high beam when you flash the high beam (passing etc)? If yes, that will be quite a startling experience for the oncoming driver .
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 19:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Have sent a query to Xenonplanet already. Waiting for a feedback from them.
Do go through this thread so you have the complete picture:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4229121

The issue seems to be with the install rather than the product but the install is what matters more.

The install on the five cars from Pune was done by a guy who came from Mumbai; and "seems" a much cleaner job than what you'll see on the above thread.

Quote:
But one query - Does your fog lamp also change to high beam when you flash the high beam (passing etc)? If yes, that will be quite a startling experience for the oncoming driver .
Yep, if the XP Micro is turned on, if you flash the high beam, the XP Micro high beam comes on too.

It is quite a delight against those pesky cab drivers who think it's only them celebrating Diwali.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 10:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Do go through this thread so you have the complete picture:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4229121

The issue seems to be with the install rather than the product but the install is what matters more.

The install on the five cars from Pune was done by a guy who came from Mumbai; and "seems" a much cleaner job than what you'll see on the above thread.
Yes I have seen the thread just after looking at your thread & sending the query to XP. I'm looking for other projectors as well now. Pune really has a terrible lack of good car modification, accessory & electrics guys. The so called accessory stores have absolutely no expertise & they are best at only selling perfumes, mats, bumpers, roof racks and visors IMHO.

Quote:
Yep, if the XP Micro is turned on, if you flash the high beam, the XP Micro high beam comes on too.

It is quite a delight against those pesky cab drivers who think it's only them celebrating Diwali.
Truely value for money then
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 11:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
AT box:

Let me get this out of the way, the EcoSport AT is not even remotely an enthusiast's car. The AT box is best tuned for city driving; it will serve you well.

However, the moment you are out of city conditions, it is outside its comfort zone.

Gearshift from 1-5 typically happen around 2k rpm when driven on a light foot.
I have realised the same thing, upshift 1 to 5 is around 2000 RPM with a light foot, and can go on upto 3000 RPM with a not so light foot.
Getting of the throttle also triggers a upshift. But the 5to 6th shift is un predictable, even if I get my foot off the throttle at 80 it doesn't upshift, but if I'm cruising 80 to 90 with a very light touch on the throttle, I see the RPM drop, and I'm in 6th, anything more than a feathers touch and there is a immediate downshift to 5th.
Easing off in 6th the gear remains engaged even if speed drops to 60, but then if I tap the throttle the down shift is from 6th to 3rd and it is jerky, after that you can notice the upshifts to 4th and 5th.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   Reply With Quote