Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th September 2016, 14:53   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Anirudhneni,
Are you sure you brought down the OTR from 11.20 to 11.80?

Girish Mahajan
Oh I'm sorry. I meant 10.80. Anyways I booked a black Abarth for 10.80, delivery is in around a week.
Anirudhneni is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 16:57   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudhneni View Post
Oh I'm sorry. I meant 10.80. Anyways I booked a black Abarth for 10.80, delivery is in around a week.

Congrats ! Is it a 2015 make or 2016? I got mine around 10.80 OTR with self insurance and self registration but that was for a 2015 make car. Also what's the rate of tax in your place ?
blackwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 16:04   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Congrats ! Is it a 2015 make or 2016? I got mine around 10.80 OTR with self insurance and self registration but that was for a 2015 make car. Also what's the rate of tax in your place ?

It's a 2016 make without the touch screen and navigation. The tax was 12% because the ex showroom price for the model without touch is still 9.95. My father opted to get it insured by ourselves so that's around 20k approx. I'm not sure though about the exact insurance cost.
Anirudhneni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 15:30   #64
BHPian

Default Re: From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto

Hey Kanad !! On the onset, my heartiest Congratulations to you on buying the Fiat Punto Abarth which is a dream for many, including me. A very comprehensively written thread which by all means deserves a well deserved 5* with no questions asked as it will work as a bible for many who aspire to buy the Fiat Punto Abarth in the times to come.

I happened to visit one of the FIAT dealers here in Kolkata and was opportune enough to photograph my car along side the Punto Abarth. Sharing the picture (though might be irrelevant) considering the colours on both the cars were matching :

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-p_20160803_155815_1-copy-2.jpg
Hope we can click the pictures of our cars together someday in an All India Team-BHP Meet

Please do keep the thread updated and if possible share a Dash Cam (YouTube) Video of the Abarth biting the road with that patented engine roaring away to glory, so that we can see some action. Wishing you endless munching miles with this Italian Beauty !!

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 20th September 2016 at 15:31. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 16:06   #65
BHPian

Default A small update

The Abarth did a small trip to Kolhapur, Panhala and Miraj. Unfortunately I couldn't go. Dad and Mom took her. Dad drove solo for the entire trip. Except for one small moment, the entire trip was perfect.

On the way to Miraj from Kolhapur, on the narrow highway, someone came in the way and dad had to brake suddenly from highway speeds to a standstill. Abarth didn't lose her composure and came to a stop well before the obstruction without any fuss. But a biker following a bit too closely couldn't brake in time and banged into her on the left hand side. Expecting much damage, dad came out to see and was surprised to find out only a small scratch of the rear panel, just below the tail light. The biker had some minor injuries.

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-img_3468.jpg

Attaching some Mid shots. Not to mention the fuel consumption of the car on highways is superb.

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-img_3446.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-img_3447.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-img_3448.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-img_3449.jpg

Also, undertaking another trip in Dec. This time I will be the one driving her.

Last edited by blackwasp : 20th November 2016 at 16:07.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 16:45   #66
BHPian

Default Re: A small update

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

Also, undertaking another trip in Dec. This time I will be the one driving her.
Glad to have been invited for the trip!
Was truly awestruck after driving it also in the process changing my opinions about Fiat!

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-1-night-copy.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-3-front.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-4-rear.jpg
johannskaria is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote