Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th July 2016, 09:17   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Driven: Jaguar F-Pace

For a minute was confused between Montesserat and Montenegro. Topography appears similar too.

Lucky aren't you? Exotic car, exotic location, and an all expense paid vacation!

Have to put in a line to GTO to consider me for the next vacancy.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 10:18   #32
BHPian

Congratulations on a fabulous review, complete with some spectacular photographs. The F Pace looks wonderful and I'm sure that it will do very well in the Indian market if priced reasonably. I particularly enjoyed the detailed explanation of the interiors, engine performance and ride quality. Thank you!
slackyboy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 10:24   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Classic 'Vidyut' report, thanks for sharing!

I'm a big, big fan of Jaguar's design language. Always loved the stylish XJ, the new XE is stunning and now this F-Pace. What a handsome SUV. In a segment where the brand + design (more than anything else) result in sales, Jaguar has gotten it spot on.

If they started building this locally and priced it competitively, the Germans would get licked. Sadly, it's going to be a CBU and thus, exorbitantly priced.

Just hope they've not taken too many electronics from the Range Rovers . Those have a terrible reputation for reliability.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 11:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the fantastic report and awesome pictures. The F-Pace is simply stunning to look at. Its amazing how a minimalistic design can look so good. It is such a clean design sans excessive creases, bulges and stips. Its the proportions that make it such a good looking car.

I spent a lot of time researching luxury crossovers as I was in the market last year. In terms of fun to drive factor, I believe the F-Pace simply blows the competition away.

The compact luxury crossover segment is hotting up like never before with new entrants like the F -Pace and GLC and its going to get even better when the all new XC60 and the new gen X3 come out next year!

With growing demand for crossovers and SUVs, Jaguar have hit the jackpot with this one. I expect long waiting periods and ridiculous pricing when it comes to our shores.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 12th July 2016 at 12:00.
Santoshbhat is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 13:04   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent report! Thanks for sharing

Even though Jaguar say that their benchmark/reference in this segment was the Porsche Macan, I feel they have got the F-Pace placed right in between in the Cayenne and Macan, atleast with its immense road presence. Good to see that they stayed pretty close to the C-X17 concept's exteriors (link (Jaguar's SUV, the F-Pace. EDIT: Now unveiled)).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th July 2016 at 11:23. Reason: Typo.
vb-san is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 08:21   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

What a lovely lovely vehicle. And looks very capable too.

Here is the TVC of the F-Pace for those how have missed it. Also features someone who knows a bit about Physics. Cheeky of Jag to rope him for the first ever UV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Even though Jaquar say that their benchmark/reference in this segment was the Porsche Macan, I feel they have got the F-Pace placed right in between in the Cayenne and Macan, atleast with its immense road presence.
And the Macan is much more expensive as well. In the US, one can get a F-Pace and a Camry for the price of a Macan.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 09:09   #37
BHPian

Absolutely super review and the length at which the infotainment solution was covered was amazing! It is almost a tribute to how far Jag has come in this area considering people used to berate it for the system and now we have reams of content only around what the system offers.

Jag is and will remain a bitter sweet brand for us Indians :( Remains highly desirable due to its design quotient and remains highly unaffordable due to extreme premiums. I love the design silhouettes of a Jag and F-Pace is no different.

5-stars for this review.
Hells Bells is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 10:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In-car entertainment and connectivity is simply the best out there
Quote:
Some interior bits shared from the lower XE feel out of place at this price point
Went to check today here in Canada. They have sold out the first lot and incoming ones are mostly booked. Diesel has the longest waiting list about 3-4 months and the Diesel engine is from newer generation Ingenium family.

My observations as a prospective buyer, it does appear handsome and larger then Evoque more like Discovery but Interiors are a bit let down especially considering mid variant pricing and other electronic gadgetry which appears far more premium. Interiors were far better in Macan that we checked a couple of days back as well other Landrovers in the showroom. We didn't drive one as they can't deliver and at around 70,000 CAD there are far more options here. What happens in India when they do launch - I believe if they can price around 60-70 Lac it can be a success given the overall size / presence.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th July 2016 at 10:59.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 18:46   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Official variant-wise breakup and details are now up on the F-Pace's website.

The Pure & the Prestige variants are equipped with the 2.0L 180HP oil burners, while the R-Sport and the First Edition come with 3.0L V6 diesel units capable of producing 300HP.

In addition, one can customise and build their own F-Paces by choosing customised exterior/interior features, and optional feature packs.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2016 at 18:56.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 22:26   #40
BANNED

Excellent car and excellent review. How does Jaguar pull something like this off? Clean understated lines and yet elegant. I do not see this elegance in any of the German SUVs.

Why don't Tata Motors give us a scaled down F-Pace look-alike at scaled down price with a T badge? I would gladly take it.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 22:58   #41
BHPian

Great review Vid ! It will be interesting how they price and position it in India.

The dimensions and the stance resembles the X5 at a glance (except the rear). I hope the steering is not as vague

-Niranjan
niruvrs9669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 09:43   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome review Vid! And an awesome SUV!
If Evoque could sell for what it was for that money, this should too in India.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 12:26   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I am surprised that the F Pace is getting the 3L 700 NM V6 Diesel and the all new XF is getting only the 2L Diesel.

Why ! ?
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 13:50   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I am surprised that the F Pace is getting the 3L 700 NM V6 Diesel and the all new XF is getting only the 2L Diesel.

Why ! ?
Most XF's sold are 2L which are driver driven, I think in both cases, the 3 Ltr will be imported
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 16:53   #45
BHPian

Excellent review Vid. Duly rated 5 stars.

The F-Pace on display at the Auto Expo was a fabulous electric blue, the color on the first edition page.
I doubt whether Jaguar will get the petrol engines in India especially with ongoing rumor that the ban in NCR would be lifted very soon.
Is it me or the 18 inch alloys on the F-Pace (the XF also comes shod with these) look outdated.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote