Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th July 2017, 08:16   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Its such a great combo, I would consider the M sport for the Mocha interiors alone. Btw, can you confirm that M sport still only comes in 3 colors?

Does it have the New iDrive v5?
Yes Mocha interiors definitely look good and is far easier to maintain than beige. In fact I tried hard to get my mineral white with Mocha but then had to settle for the beige.
The MSport comes in 3 colours of which 2 are unique to MSport namely the mineral white and estoril blue with black being the third colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-cobra View Post
Consider the x3 as well. It's going to be replaced soon and though you might not get the pricing down to x1/Tiguan levels, but it might be worth saving up for a few months and then cashing in on the big discounts BMW is likely to offer.

I don't think you should look at X3. It is going to get replaced by the newer generation soon and without the 30d option, it will not be value over an X1 MSport. Interior space is marginally better than X1 while the X1 has more features than the X3. Yes you do get the longitudinally placed engine with the ZF gear box As an advantage in the X3 though.
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 09:41   #137
BHPian

Default Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Yes I am pushing them. In fact they called me again to hear my expectation. I have told them I am in no hurry as I have two cars at home. Unless they make a compelling offer, I am not going to budge. Expecting call back.
Now sit tight. I can already see a fantastic deal on your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I test drove Tiguan twice and I am impressed with pretty much everything except the badge and mediocre engine tuning. There is absolutely no wow factor, but nothing disappoints you either.
BMW interiors are marginally better and seat upholstery is noticeably better. I don't have to say anything about the engine, transmission and brand value of BMW. Resale value is also a consideration I have in mind.

Apart from price, what goes in favor for Tiguan are lumar support, adjustable hand rest, slightly better space, AWD and apple carplay.

Also I felt the ergonomics and overall driving comfort of Tiguan is slightly better.
Seems like you really liked Tiguan. It is definitely a nice car however I am not convinced on the pricing part. 37L OTR is way too much. I would look at Endy or Fortuner with that money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
I had a similar experience this past weekend when I test drove the new 520d Luxury line. They have very smartly termed "Registration & Logistics charges" and nicely included a fat margin of Rs 90,000/- over the actual registration charges of 13%.
IMO, the best way to tackle this nuisance is to negotiate OTR price directly and let them do the back calculation. I never get in to these details as long as am getting the OTR price that I want. In the end, that's what you have to pay.
the_skyliner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 17:33   #138
BHPian

Default Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Yes Mocha interiors definitely look good and is far easier to maintain than beige. In fact I tried hard to get my mineral white with Mocha but then had to settle for the beige.
The MSport comes in 3 colours of which 2 are unique to MSport namely the mineral white and estoril blue with black being the third colour

I don't think you should look at X3. It is going to get replaced by the newer generation soon and without the 30d option, it will not be value over an X1 MSport. Interior space is marginally better than X1 while the X1 has more features than the X3. Yes you do get the longitudinally placed engine with the ZF gear box As an advantage in the X3 though.
My personal experience is that the x3 is much more refined than the x1 and the ride quality is much better. The seats are also more comfortable. The moment you sit in the x3, it's clear that it's a step up. You also get RWD vs FWD and a better gearbox.
ac-cobra is offline   Reply With Quote