Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th September 2016, 10:49   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Hari, please don't kick us out of your ownership thread, we are parked here because we don't have another official review thread yet

What I have heard from the SA is that there is no difference in the GC of Msport and other variants. By all means post your inputs queries here. It will be of use to me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohittater View Post
Me thinks the best way to find out is to actually just measure it manually. I might do it once I get delivery tomorrow.

As for the run in, my SA advised me that there is no need for run in and I can drive as I wish from day one.

Run in was needed for older generation cars but not anymore as he told me.

Mohit please do post the measurement data here. Will give me some more peace of mind if it is greater than 165mm 😀 although the current GC has not been a problem yet.
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 11:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
... By all means post your inputs queries here. It will be of use to me as well..
Hari, could you please post some details on the Audio unit ? Other than the MSport, I heard there is no Harmon Kardon in lower variants. Do you find a subwoofer under the passenger seat ? Somewhere I read about it, not sure. Is there Harmon Kardon logo on the front door speakers ? What is your overall impression ?

Indian X1 brochure is a total mess according to me. First of all contents are copy paste from the US version, then plenty of goof up on the variants and features. There is no point hoping for something based on that brochure, because they have stripped down many things. Even the XLine has wider display screen in the global version, silver finish frames around the window glasses, reverse cam above rear number plate, lane assist, cruise control and parking assist as options etc.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 12:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Hari, could you please post some details on the Audio unit ? Other than the MSport, I heard there is no Harmon Kardon in lower variants. Do you find a subwoofer under the passenger seat ? Somewhere I read about it, not sure. Is there Harmon Kardon logo on the front door speakers ? What is your overall impression ?

Indian X1 brochure is a total mess according to me. First of all contents are copy paste from the US version, then plenty of goof up on the variants and features. There is no point hoping for something based on that brochure, because they have stripped down many things. Even the XLine has wider display screen in the global version, silver finish frames around the window glasses, reverse cam above rear number plate, lane assist, cruise control and parking assist as options etc.
Yes the music system is Harman Kardon with 7 speakers, 2 of which are beneath the front seats. I did not see any logo on the speakers. I am attaching the latest brochure http://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/ma...t_BMW%20X1.pdf

You can see in this link that all models except Expedition have the same music system with 7 speakers. I am not sure on Expedition though. In India, only the MSport has the larger screen while the other models have a smaller screen. The same is also mentioned in the link
Old 14th September 2016, 13:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the music system is Harman Kardon with 7 speakers, 2 of which are beneath the front seats. I did not see any logo on the speakers. I am attaching the latest brochure .....
Actually I meant the content on the Indian website (not brochure). Brochure has only the variant based differences mentioned.

Expedition has 6 speakers, slightly lower quality, I dont know what they mean by the 'lower quality'. I had spent around 50k on my previous sedan for ICE, so its 'wait and see' for what comes as stock in X1
Old 18th September 2016, 09:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I would not think the GC is more than 180 mm. Though the SA stated its 165 mm, but the point to keep in mind is that it's measured from the lowest point of the car which is usually the front bumper.

Me thinks the best way to find out is to actually just measure it manually. I might do it once I get delivery tomorrow.

Hi Mohit, did you get your car delivered? How's the experience been so far? Have you been able to check the GC? Please do post some initial pictures and experience.
Old 19th September 2016, 10:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Will definitely post pictures once I take delivery of the car in September 14, which is my birthday as well!
I am told the rubber mats cost somewhere around rs. 7000. Should i go for them or ask them to give it complimentary?
Belated birthday wishes Mohit !! Please post your pics and update before the next birthday

I was quoted Rs.11000 for the same mats. No idea why there is so much of a difference ! Already tried for placing it as a complimentary item, but looks hard. My SA is telling the invoice is made with the best prices although I find everything as standard.

Meanwhile, Amazon has listed some X1 mats all below Rs.4000. This might be similar quality given by the dealer.

Guys, should I opt for a beige mat for a beige interior ? How will it look with black mats ? Very confused !

Also another confusion about the BSI package ! I am quoted one with Rs.1 lakh+ and a lower package around 65k for 3 years ! My usage will be very minimal as I keep shuttling between 2 countries. It could be maximum 10,000 Kms in 3 years, may be lesser.

Last edited by shajufx : 19th September 2016 at 10:32. Reason: addition
Old 29th September 2016, 13:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Will definitely post pictures once I take delivery of the car in September 14, which is my birthday as well!
Mohit, we are still waiting for you

Meanwhile, I took delivery of mine at 7.30am today. Its my 7th car and the first delivery at this odd hours of the day. Interestingly, only my SA, dealer driver, stockyard in charge, security and my family were present as rest of the staff would turn up only after 9.30am. I like this option of choosing your delivery time as I would always prefer before 8am or after 10pm !!

I am given the IND plates on request, expected fixing at my place by evening. Overall a pleasant experience. Waiting to take a long drive as the holidays are starting from 7th October. That would be a 1500 kms up and down in 4 days.

By the way, the cake given by the dealer was super yummy. I also like these guys don't spoil the car with ribbons and other decorations ! I used to remove them in the showroom itself in my previous deliveries from other brands.

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-nix.jpeg
A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-x1.jpeg

Last edited by shajufx : 29th September 2016 at 13:28.
shajufx is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 17:47   #53
BHPian

Default A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Mohit, we are still waiting for you

Meanwhile, I took delivery of mine at 7.30am today. Its my 7th car and the first delivery at this odd hours of the day.

By the way, the cake given by the dealer was super yummy. I also like these guys don't spoil the car with ribbons and other decorations ! I used to remove them in the showroom itself in my previous deliveries from other brands.

Attachment 1560583

Attachment 1560584

Hi Shaju, congrats on this. Looks like you got the delivery on time; pretty much as promised. Mediterranean blue looks cool! That was my first choice as well! Waiting for some more pictures. How has the initial drive been?

I didn't get any cake, instead got a box of chocolates. They were good as well. You took delivery at the airport road service station of Navnit Motors?

Last edited by nurni76 : 29th September 2016 at 17:55.
Old 29th September 2016, 18:00   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Waiting for some more pictures. How has the initial drive been?

I didn't get any cake, instead got a box of chocolates. They were good as well. You took delivery at the airport road service station of Navjot Motors?
I am waiting for the number plates. Will take some pics once it's fixed. It's very much on time delivery. I opted the airport facility as it's just 15 mts for me.

My only likes were blue or white, wife is already using a white car so blue was obvious choice. I was not sure how this all blacked version (no chrome/aluminum touches externally) would look. It looks great in real. First drive felt as I was driving this for many years, there was absolutely no getting used to situation. Thanks to its design and interior dimensions. I am back to the "waiting for weekends" mode as in the fiesta days !!

This machine goes to forbidden speeds within no time. I saw 150 on my dials and realized we are not allowed to see that number

Last edited by shajufx : 29th September 2016 at 18:04.
Old 29th September 2016, 21:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:

My only likes were blue or white, wife is already using a white car so blue was obvious choice. I was not sure how this all blacked version (no chrome/aluminum touches externally) would look. It looks great in real. First drive felt as I was driving this for many years, there was absolutely no getting used to situation. Thanks to its design and interior dimensions. I am back to the "waiting for weekends" mode as in the fiesta days !!

This machine goes to forbidden speeds within no time. I saw 150 on my dials and realized we are not allowed to see that number

True! The vehicle is a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately we don't have roads to take it to its full potential. The blackened kidney grill looks much better than the chrome one and hence your version looks good! I am not a fan of chrome at all. Also how do you find the ride quality? What tyres did you get? Mine is Bridgestone.

Do take some time and post some detailed interior pictures as well.
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Also how do you find the ride quality? What tyres did you get? Mine is Bridgestone...Do take some time and post some detailed interior pictures as well.
Ride quality is excellent, its very similar to the Cayenne Turbo S which is my usual ride whenever I am in Oman. The turbo power kicking in from start to the 8th gear is very very addictive and I am already warned by my wife that she is not comfortable on the back seat as she gets pushed back each time I overtake someone on the airport elevated highway Remember, I am still on the default comfort mode till now. Never even checked the Eco Pro and Sport modes yet. Not sure if there is much to expect from them, but to understand the difference better, I am stuck to the comfort mode for a week.

I have 17 inch Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires on mine. Its very silent on good roads and very comfortable on broken tarmac. Waiting for the next long weekend to take it out of town and see its real potential on the highway. One thing I can be sure right now is its power. 190 horses roaring non stop is real music to my ears, overtaking any car on an empty stretch is a pleasure. Zig zagging on a 3 or 4 lane highway at 120 kmph is perfectly within control. I intend to keep it under 150 kmph until ODO hits 2000 something as suggested in the manual.
Old 4th October 2016, 20:46   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, I took delivery of mine at 7.30am today.
Congratulations shajufx on your acquisition of The Joy. May you clock many more miles experiencing the sheer driving pleasure.

Can you share more pictures of the Expedition variant, rear, exteriors and interiors. I'm also considering it and unable to find any pics of said variant online. Thanks in advance.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 11:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congratulations shajufx on your acquisition of The Joy. May you clock many more miles experiencing the sheer driving pleasure.......Can you share more pictures of the Expedition variant, rear, exteriors and interiors. I'm also considering it and unable to find any pics of said variant online. Thanks in advance.
Thanks buddy. I agree its very tough to find some images of the expedition variant. I searched for a month and found only few international variants which are again different from the Indian version. BMW has stripped down few things on the base variant which is not easily noticed but a curious eye can not miss them eg. no brushed aluminium touches on the back, front and side skirts of the exterior, roof rails, steering etc. Bit of aluminium paint here and there will not make any difference in the cost but no idea why they avoided that ! Apart from that, I dont find anything worth mentioning !

Few pics as you requested, taken early morning ONLY for YOU
A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-0.jpg

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-1.jpg

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-2.jpg

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-3.jpg

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-4.jpg

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-5.jpg

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport-6.jpg
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 13:56   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few pics as you requested, taken early morning ONLY for YOU
Thanks a lot shajufx for the pictures and prompt reply, really appreciate it. Looking forward to your ownership thread with tons of pictures. I believe, yours is the 1st BMW X1 Expedition on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Apart from that, I dont find anything worth mentioning !
Expedition variant is a value for money. You get powerful engine and chassis to complement it. Enough ground clearance to do some soft off-roading as well.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 14:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
...Looking forward to your ownership thread with tons of pictures. I believe, yours is the 1st BMW X1 Expedition on Team-BHP......Expedition variant is a value for money. You get powerful engine and chassis to complement it. Enough ground clearance to do some soft off-roading as well.
You are welcome ! Ownership thread is really doubtful as I am struggling with time management. No clue about the 1st Expedition here because many people don't post their purchases specially this segment upwards !

Value for money part is a 100% truth because there is a considerable difference between the base and next variant. I never wanted sun roof after seeing my friend's cars/suvs with rust and damage on the railings. One of them had water leaking during monsoons. I also believe a summer time highway drive with a panoramic glass roof will heat up the cabin so much, your AC has to work overtime to keep it in control. Other scary issues are coconuts/stone or such things falling on top and a crash or rolling over situation off the road ! I dont even open my windows while I drive, so opening the roof is totally in dreams
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote