Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th October 2016, 07:20   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks buddy. I agree its very tough to find some images of the expedition variant. I searched for a month and found only few international variants which are again different from the Indian version. BMW has stripped down few things on the base variant which is not easily noticed but a curious eye can not miss them eg. no brushed aluminium touches on the back, front and side skirts of the exterior, roof rails, steering etc. Bit of aluminium paint here and there will not make any difference in the cost but no idea why they avoided that ! Apart from that, I dont find anything worth mentioning !

Few pics as you requested, taken early morning]

Nice pictures Shaju. Even though the interiors are beige, there are differences from my X1. Eg: the A pillar from inside is beige in yours while black in mine. So there are multiple interior combinations of colours I guess.

Happy to note that your are really enjoying the drive. You even feel the ride is good, I guess mine is a little hard on sharp edges because of the M Suspension.
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 17:15   #62
BHPian

Default Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Any idea as to how 1% TCS (Tax Collected at Source) can be refunded from IT Dept? For my BMW X1 sDrive 20d xLine, Rs. 35,612 was collected as TCS ....
ecosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 15:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Any idea as to how 1% TCS (Tax Collected at Source) can be refunded from IT Dept? For my BMW X1 sDrive 20d xLine, Rs. 35,612 was collected as TCS ....

Not sure. Enquired with the dealer and he mentioned to check with Tax consultant. Let me know in case you figure out the same
Old 15th October 2016, 18:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Not sure. Enquired with the dealer and he mentioned to check with Tax consultant. Let me know in case you figure out the same
Dear ecosport / nurni76,

You have raised a good point! I had forgotten to do this for my new Scorpio! Thanks for reminding me. I just called my SA and he said "yes - I remember". He said he will send the TDS shortly. I do not know why you need to check with tax consultant - it is a simple 'Tax Deducted at Source' certificate. The dealer has to issue it - thats all!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 13:44   #65
BHPian

Default A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Completed 4K kms on my Msport and the pleasure of driving just keeps increasing. I am consistently getting around 13-14 Kmpl mileage with 90% city driving. While I have not faced any issues so far, there are some minor irritants like a small squeaky noise from the rear seat. While it is very minor, it is irritating. Will try and get to the service centre to get it checked next week. Now that I have crossed 4K kms, planning to go on a longish drive and do some bursts in open highways to test the engine performance. Will keep the thread posted on more updates.
Old 3rd December 2016, 17:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....I am consistently getting around 13-14 Kmpl mileage with 90% city driving. While I have not faced any issues so far, there are some minor irritants like a small squeaky noise from the rear seat. While it is very minor, it is irritating....
Is it not too low mileage ? Mine is 18-20 throughout. Considering the engine being the same, you must be getting 17+ by all means. Although I don't use the auto engine off regularly, it gives an impressive mileage within city traffic. Even a 5 second stop cuts off the engine, which I don't like personally but a boon for max miles for the litre. About the noise, I felt it's from the boot, more of a metal clank on bad roads. Not able to figure out the source. It's a major irritant.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 18:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Is it not too low mileage ? Mine is 18-20 throughout. Considering the engine being the same, you must be getting 17+ by all means. Although I don't use the auto engine off regularly, it gives an impressive mileage within city traffic. Even a 5 second stop cuts off the engine, which I don't like personally but a boon for max miles for the litre. About the noise, I felt it's from the boot, more of a metal clank on bad roads. Not able to figure out the source. It's a major irritant.

If you are getting 17+ it is really surprising, pleasantly though. I just get 15-16 even in my Ertiga. I always use the auto engine cut off, but you may want to check by tankful method, because 18-20 in Bangalore traffic seems improbable. I don't think the noise is from Boot as I can feel it is a squeaky noise from the rear seat (leathery noise)
Old 5th December 2016, 10:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are getting 17+ it is really surprising, ....you may want to check by tankful method, because 18-20 in Bangalore traffic seems improbable. I don't think the noise is from Boot as I can feel it is a squeaky noise from the rear seat (leathery noise)
Forgot to mention, I dont drive within the city much, its mostly airport direction or free empty roads majority of the time. Other than the hebbal block (end of flyover to hebbal signal), I don't face much waiting anywhere. Not yet tried the tank full calculation. Will do that soon.

The noise we are discussing seem to be different types. Mine is a clear metal clanking without doubt which is only on bad patches or potholes. My brother in law who just came for holidays from Oman claims his VW Jetta has the same noise and he affirms its from the rear shock absorbers. His claim seems to be in line with the comments I read on the international X1 threads.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote