Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2016, 13:10   #16
BHPian
 
speedmunster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 132
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

@karan, your review of the Figo was excellent to start with. And now this.... You have truly upped the ante. Looking forward to more video reviews from you.
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 19:51   #17
BHPian
 
Doc_nikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Karan,
Nicely done..!! Enjoyed watching the video review, and definitely the exhaust sounds throaty and sporty, right up there with the 4.2 V8 TDI of the Q7..!! I've been planning on starting a Vlog, and am really interested in knowing the software you use for editing the videos and sounds. I'll be really thankful for the help..!

Cheers...!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 21:13   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Anand, Gujarat / Virginia Beach, US
Posts: 458
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thank You nkrishnap, appreciate your positive comments.



Would love to



Hey Nakul,

Well for reference, in the US market the 535d is cheaper than the Ghibli diesel by around 10-15%. They have priced the Ghibli somewhere between the 5 series & 6 series Gran Coupe (which is priced around 15-20 % higher than Ghibli in the US market)

Likewise in India the 6 series Gran Coupe being a CBU is INR 1.1x Cr. (Ex-Showroom) i.e. almost same as the Ghibli.

Definitely in India this Ghibli should have been cheaper.

Great review you have here! However just a small correction, Ghibli is not available with Diesel engine in USA.

I test drove Ghibli is USA 2 years ago when I was in market for sport sedan. Somehow, I didn't come out impressed with the car as Ghibli is not only sharing the media interface but also so many other small parts with much cheaper Chrysler 300. Also, the initial Ghiblis had issue with transmission where it used to jerk a lot at low speeds. These were the reasons enough to put me off.

However, I think it's way overpriced in Indian market compared to what they are offering.
Nitrous Power is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 21:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,615
Thanked: 8,433 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
@karan, your review of the Figo was excellent to start with. And now this.... You have truly upped the ante. Looking forward to more video reviews from you.
Thanks for your appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Karan,
Nicely done..!! Enjoyed watching the video review, and definitely the exhaust sounds throaty and sporty, right up there with the 4.2 V8 TDI of the Q7..!! I've been planning on starting a Vlog, and am really interested in knowing the software you use for editing the videos and sounds. I'll be really thankful for the help..!

Cheers...!
Hey Thanks Nikhil.

Havent driven the Q7 v8 TDI so dont really know how it sounds but im sure it'l be in a league of its own.

The software we use is Magix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Great review you have here!
Thank You

Quote:
However just a small correction, Ghibli is not available with Diesel engine in USA.
Oh my bad, thanks for the correction.

Quote:
Also, the initial Ghiblis had issue with transmission where it used to jerk a lot at low speeds. These were the reasons enough to put me off.
Is it ? Also there was a recall done by Maserati for the gear selector recently.
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 21:50   #20
BHPian
 
Doc_nikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post



Hey Thanks Nikhil.

Havent driven the Q7 v8 TDI so dont really know how it sounds but im sure it'l be in a league of its own .
Thank you for the tip Karan.. I'll check out the software. And please do try out the 4.2 V8 TDI in the Q7 if you get a chance... You will love it's torque...!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 21:13   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
maddy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Coorg
Posts: 1,812
Thanked: 426 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Great review Karan and you really sound like you enjoyed this car. I have never sat in the Ghibli though my friend owns one but never knew this vehicle shares parts from different parts bins.

Coming down to the point quoted below: My friend is leasing the Ghibli from Los Angeles and pays less than $1000 as his lease payments for 3 years. In comparison the pricing in India is a tad too high at 1.15 cr and i think its not that great other than the snob value of this vehicle. Do note that Ghibli was launched to grab entry level buyers for the brand which sells the rest of their vehicles at the higher $150k range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

- Maserati have priced Ghibli at INR 1.15 Cr Ex-Showroom.
Looking forward to more reviews. Probably of the S class too.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 21:42   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,428
Thanked: 1,674 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Likes;

- Looks
- Engine Sound (Best Sounding Diesel yet)
Nice review. The sound is not all from the engine but from a sound symposer which is actually a speaker playing the engine notes
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 12:31   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,615
Thanked: 8,433 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Great review Karan and you really sound like you enjoyed this car.
Thank You maddy !

Quote:
Coming down to the point quoted below: My friend is leasing the Ghibli from Los Angeles and pays less than $1000 as his lease payments for 3 years. In comparison the pricing in India is a tad too high at 1.15 cr and i think its not that great other than the snob value of this vehicle. Do note that Ghibli was launched to grab entry level buyers for the brand which sells the rest of their vehicles at the higher $150k range.
Yes, definitely the car is good value in the US, specially when you apply the fantastic leasing options.

Quote:
Looking forward to more reviews. Probably of the S class too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Nice review.
Thanks Mpower, appreciate your feedback

Quote:
The sound is not all from the engine but from a sound symposer which is actually a speaker playing the engine notes
YES !

Though i have indirectly mentioned that in the video @ 2:25.
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 01:48   #24
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,126
Thanked: 1,856 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Nice review. Good to see you get some exotics out for tests which don't make it to our Tbhp official review. Think you can cut your niche by focusing on just high end cars to become our officially unofficial snob car reviewer

While I agree with your sentiment that this car's buyer would be someone who has owned several Germans and if looking for something different. But at this price point it is priced bang on with the S350d and 730d which are far superior products. While the Maserati badge carries more weight the S and 7 image compensate to bring nearly the same snob value. The Ghilbi just doesn't look have the same size presence even though it has a superior design.

I think someone test driving the Ghilbi would finally land up buying the 730Ld M sport variant to get best of both worlds.

Last edited by Sahil : 22nd July 2016 at 01:50.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 23:34   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,615
Thanked: 8,433 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nice review. Good to see you get some exotics out for tests which don't make it to our Tbhp official review. Think you can cut your niche by focusing on just high end cars to become our officially unofficial snob car reviewer


Thank you Sahil for your appreciation.

Quote:
I think someone test driving the Ghilbi would finally land up buying the 730Ld M sport variant to get best of both worlds.
I agree with your point the Germans definitely do make more sense at this price point, wish the Ghibli were priced better or the 400hp cracking V6S offered at this price then it would have surely attracted more attention.
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 20:45   #26
BHPian
 
Monaro CV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 570
Thanked: 463 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Nicely done Karan!

Must say, the Ghibli has had a very few Indian video reviews yet.

That soundtrack you've used, nicely gels with the theme.
I know you've been dragging your F30 at the Amby valley runs. How would you prefer this at one of those drags?

Go Diesel Power !
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 19:55   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,615
Thanked: 8,433 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Nicely done Karan!

Must say, the Ghibli has had a very few Indian video reviews yet.

That soundtrack you've used, nicely gels with the theme.
I know you've been dragging your F30 at the Amby valley runs. How would you prefer this at one of those drags?

Go Diesel Power !
Thank You Satyen for your feedback

Drag @ Aamby Runs ? That was just once, but the Ghibli is no Dragster, its more of a composed GT + Sports Sedan combined.

Also the 328i is quicker in a straight line drag
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 20:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,615
Thanked: 8,433 Times
Default Re: Video Review: Maserati Ghibli 3.0 V6 Diesel

Petal Maserati Mumbai have shared my Maserati Ghibli video review on their Facebook page;

Name:  Screen Shot 20161006 at 8.40.57 PM.png
Views: 304
Size:  179.9 KB


Last edited by karan561 : 6th October 2016 at 20:51.
karan561 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! 2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan caught testing S@ndy The International Automotive Scene 26 20th November 2013 03:29
Diff between Speed diesel, Xtra premium diesel and regular diesel msk_kapoor Technical Stuff 90 26th July 2012 21:53
Maserati Ghibli issigonis Beyond Borders 17 5th November 2009 19:24
Help Choose: City vs Fiesta Diesel vs Verna Diesel vs Swift Diesel aseem Hatchbacks 21 11th October 2009 17:44
Urgent! Ford Fiesta Diesel, Logan Diesel vs Hyndai Verna Diesel Zahir Sedans 3 26th May 2008 10:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks