Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th November 2016, 13:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)

Quote:
was going through one of the facebook advertisement
This looks nice on black, these were available on eBay for around $300 in past, added a link to the facebook page of Sikand.

https://www.facebook.com/sikandcar/p...type=1&theater

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th November 2016 at 13:22.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 09:51   #17
BHPian

I agree with Turbonator, the real look of this comes only with black one. In my opinion this will enhance looks of other models also much better than the original chrome plated ones.
PrideRed is proud owner of the white beast, adding a picture of same black grill on white too.
My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1479097272.491679.jpg
naveendagar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 10:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
I agree with Turbonator, the real look of this comes only with black one. In my opinion this will enhance looks of other models also much better than the original chrome plated ones.
PrideRed is proud owner of the white beast, adding a picture of same black grill on white too.
Attachment 1575438
I had seen this grill during the time of purchase and is available at a cost of about 200$ in Aliexpress. While it looks smashing, makes Endeavour look more Americano, I am not very sure about the quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...8-ab0da93075ed

I am considering two options either convert current chrome grill to black chrome/glossy wrap or switch to the Aliexpress one.
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 11:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely fantastic choice from the list you had there, right down to picking the Titanium variant. I'm also glad you picked it over the Innova and Fortuner. The Endy is a much better package than either of these taking into account all factors like pricing etc as well.

The Endy feels (and IS) genuinely upmarket and is a great package of practical luxury at a good price.

As a GT owner, I can say one thing though - I have recently taken the GT on a lot of long distance roads, some bad roads, several rural roads etc and its performance has been stellar. No concerns of underbelly scraping type of issues.

Having said that, your choice of the Endy is perfect from your requirements and you'll generally feel a lot more liberated taking the Endy around. However capably my GT performs, I can't help but feel concerned nevertheless about where I'm taking it, road conditions, tyre issues etc (and that maybe I should have an Innova / Endy / Hexa type of second vehicle). The Endy will be never leave you feeling like that.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 11:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This looks nice on black, these were available on eBay for around $300 in past, added a link to the facebook page of Sikand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I had seen this grill during the time of purchase and is available at a cost of about 200$ in Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...8-ab0da93075ed
I am very keen on getting the blackened parts for my endeavour and in the process spoke with multiple vendors across India for prices & availability. Got the best prices from "Auto Marc, Delhi. He quoted Rs 8,000/- for Radiator grill (Black grill with white ford logo), Rs 3,500/- for Headlight and tail-light trims (chrome/black, Rs 3,800/- for bug deflector, Rs 15,500/- for wheel arches and they also have body kits available for New endeavour. I did not proceed with the purchase as I wanted the black grill with black logo, which he said should be available after some time.

Attaching facebook link for Endeavour pictures with the above mentioned accessories - https://www.facebook.com/pg/automarc...54541632628142

It will be great if someone who has seen them or bought them can comment on the quality, fit & finish. That is the only thing I am little bothered about these accessories.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 12:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Absolutely fantastic choice from the list you had there, right down to picking the Titanium variant. I'm also glad you picked it over the Innova and Fortuner. The Endy is a much better package than either of these taking into account all factors like pricing etc as well.

The Endy feels (and IS) genuinely upmarket and is a great package of practical luxury at a good price.

As a GT owner, I can say one thing though - I have recently taken the GT on a lot of long distance roads, some bad roads, several rural roads etc and its performance has been stellar. No concerns of underbelly scraping type of issues.

Having said that, your choice of the Endy is perfect from your requirements and you'll generally feel a lot more liberated taking the Endy around. However capably my GT performs, I can't help but feel concerned nevertheless about where I'm taking it, road conditions, tyre issues etc (and that maybe I should have an Innova / Endy / Hexa type of second vehicle). The Endy will be never leave you feeling like that.
GT is a fantastic car, no doubts. The GT also feels more premium and can't stop staring those frameless doors. However as you mentioned, two things tilted my decision towards Endeavour
1. Endeavour suited my needs better than GT
2. Cost of Ownership

Had the car been bought for out and out city/highway use I would have considered the GT over Endeavour.

My biggest concern with Innova and Fortuner is exclusivity, Innova is going to be everywhere and Fortuner is not going to be different. That said I am considering Crysta to replace my old Innova as exclusivity does not matter here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I am very keen on getting the blackened parts for my endeavour and in the process spoke with multiple vendors across India for prices & availability. Got the best prices from "Auto Marc, Delhi. He quoted Rs 8,000/- for Radiator grill (Black grill with white ford logo), Rs 3,500/- for Headlight and tail-light trims (chrome/black, Rs 3,800/- for bug deflector, Rs 15,500/- for wheel arches and they also have body kits available for New endeavour. I did not proceed with the purchase as I wanted the black grill with black logo, which he said should be available after some time.

Attaching facebook link for Endeavour pictures with the above mentioned accessories - https://www.facebook.com/pg/automarc...54541632628142

It will be great if someone who has seen them or bought them can comment on the quality, fit & finish. That is the only thing I am little bothered about these accessories.
Another option which you can consider is Rust Oleum/Plasti Dip coating on the existing grille. This shoud cost not more than 2K.
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote