Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd January 2017, 09:44   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi PrideRed, Thanks for your inputs.

I would request you for a few more clarifications.

Do you find the Endeavour's massive size to be an issue on occassions? I mean in crowded markets and tight parking spaces, does it feel a little too big? Where do you drive and park it mainly?

Its not that I am not used to big vehicles, I had a Scorpio for 7 years which I recently sold off. But despite being used to the Scorpio, the Endy still looked pretty massive to me.

How would you rate the rear (middle) seat comfort vis-a-vis the Innova that you have? I am again asking you about the middle row comfort as we as a family frequently do 400-500 kms road trips to the Himalayas from Delhi and rear seat comfort is one area I dont want to compromise on.

What is the warranty that has been offered to you? Have you opted for extended warranty?

How are the maintenance costs? Any services done till date?

Thanks again in anticipation.
Endeavour is a full size SUV and it shows. The ultra light steering wheel and Ford dynamics makes it very easy to guide through traffic. However given the size, you will start avoiding those narrow lanes and start looking out for those XL size parking space. If you are moving from point A to B in city, where in there is good parking space in both the points, size is not an issue. This is not the vehicle to take to those congested shopping places.
The middle seat of Endeavour is equally comfortable as our Innova. At low speeds there is a bit of bumpiness, but not like the pogo stick feel of Fortuner. Bad roads, rough patches is where Endeavour is in a league of its own. You can just cruise through them and middle row passengers would not even know. I do frequent 300KM trips and no one in the family complains. The place where Innova probably outshines Endeavour is with its captain seats, which offer sublime comfort.
I have taken 1 Year extended warranty in addition to the 2 year standard warranty which the car comes with. This is the maximum you can buy at the moment.
I have completed my 10K service and it costed a mere 4.5K. While parts like brake pads,filters should be pretty cheap, parts like headlamp, AC condenser,ORVMS etc. should be pretty expensive.

Last edited by PrideRed : 3rd January 2017 at 09:47.
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:25   #32
BHPian

Thanks a ton for your clarifications.
The middle row comfort, especially on bad roads is very reassuring.
As regards size, I think I should be able to manage as I have a Sunny and a wagon r to do duties in those tight market places and lanes, and endeavour would be for those family outings or long drives.
Has anyone in your family tried the last row?
I again thank you for taking time out to answer my queries. Your inputs would be one of the major factors tilting the scales in favour of endeavour, although there is still about an year or so before I make the purchase.
Regards.
nvldvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:31   #33
BHPian

Default Re: My Ford Endeavour 2.2L AT (Titanium)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Thanks a ton for your clarifications.
The middle row comfort, especially on bad roads is very reassuring.
As regards size, I think I should be able to manage as I have a Sunny and a wagon r to do duties in those tight market places and lanes, and endeavour would be for those family outings or long drives.
Has anyone in your family tried the last row?
I again thank you for taking time out to answer my queries. Your inputs would be one of the major factors tilting the scales in favour of endeavour, although there is still about an year or so before I make the purchase.
Regards.
Again as I mentioned earlier low speed ride might get a little bumpy but as speed builds up the suspension soaks the bad patches much better than Innova. The third row was used for short trips only so far and is just manageable by a medium sized adult. The Innova has slight advantage here as it has reclining back-rest. However the space on offer is slightly more in the Endeavour when it comes to third row.
P.S: The Innova I have is a previous generation one.
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote