Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st July 2017, 23:48   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Skoda Laura 1.8L TSi - My Pre-Worshipped Missile

Looks like you spun out due to lift off oversteer. But you could have counter steered it and regained control. It'll probably come with practise.

Also in the video I saw you cutting through 1-2 sections just before the parabola, why??
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 00:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Hey! I actually travel back and forth between Jaipur and Delhi a fair bit and if you're in Jaipur we should definitely meet since I am here for a week and a half. I alternate in bringing my Laura and my Innova when I come depending on how adventurous I'm feeling in exposing those low profile tires (and myself) to abuse. Currently the only thing bothering me about the car is the obnoxious wheel gap but the car has already scraped in a few deep potholes so will wait until I can buy another daily driver and then lower the car with coilovers.
I was in Jaipur for a vacation and am now back in Frankfurt. Would have loved to meet you back then. In hindsight, should have quoted your post or sent you a message to catch up. By the way, just figured we used study at the same tuition in 2011 (Periwal ma'am)

Lowering the car would certainly make it look nicer. But like you said, would be a pain to drive around with unscientific speed-breakers everywhere
amansanc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 12:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Looks like you spun out due to lift off oversteer. But you could have counter steered it and regained control. It'll probably come with practise.

Also in the video I saw you cutting through 1-2 sections just before the parabola, why??
I did try to counter steer but that did not work out in my favor. I did receive some feedback from the veteran trackday participants (prithwi-81) and one is supposed to keep on the throttle and let the car straighten out with a little bit of steering input. I instead hit the brake pedal which was instinctive but as it turns out, not the right way to deal with oversteer. This is the first time I was really pushing the car since the last track day and all the modifications and wasn't really expecting to encounter oversteer since that is not the usual problem faced by FWD cars but hopefully with more track time I will learn more about the behavior of the car at the limit.

I've got no real explanation for that one huge corner cut other than I was tired and decided to be lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
I was in Jaipur for a vacation and am now back in Frankfurt. Would have loved to meet you back then. In hindsight, should have quoted your post or sent you a message to catch up. By the way, just figured we used study at the same tuition in 2011 (Periwal ma'am)

Lowering the car would certainly make it look nicer. But like you said, would be a pain to drive around with unscientific speed-breakers everywhere
Haha. I apologize for my bad memory but your name didn't ring a bell although I did study with Periwal Ma'am. Are you somehow related to the publication MotorBeam?

Thinking about getting a new Rapid TDI DSG as a daily or maybe another used Laura/Jetta TDI DSG as a daily driver and then will slam this thing as low as it will go. The car being lowered is a definite. The time line is currently up in the air.
jalajprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 15:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Staying glued as I gifted myself a pre-worshipped 2012 Laura 1.8 TSI MT Black color with 37000KMs on odo. Though she is still a virgin with no remap or engine mods, there are some cosmetic and performance mods.
  • vRS body kit along with global honey comb grill, bumpers and spoiler
  • 18" BBS First quality replica alloy wheels with 225/40 section tires
  • Lowered suspension coils on stock Bilsteins
  • Remus exhaust
Since mile munching is less, she underwent annual service in roughly 7000KMs interval in last 5 years while minor service every 6 months for top ups. Last service bills from Skoda shows VBelts, tensioners etc were replaced. Any clue if that is part of the 5 year service for 1.8TSIs?

Last edited by jacs : 10th August 2017 at 16:06.
jacs is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 22:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Staying glued as I gifted myself a pre-worshipped 2012 Laura 1.8 TSI MT Black color with 37000KMs on odo. Though she is still a virgin with no remap or engine mods, there are some cosmetic and performance mods.
  • vRS body kit along with global honey comb grill, bumpers and spoiler
  • 18" BBS First quality replica alloy wheels with 225/40 section tires
  • Lowered suspension coils on stock Bilsteins
  • Remus exhaust
Since mile munching is less, she underwent annual service in roughly 7000KMs interval in last 5 years while minor service every 6 months for top ups. Last service bills from Skoda shows VBelts, tensioners etc were replaced. Any clue if that is part of the 5 year service for 1.8TSIs?
Congrats! Look at http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/service-cost-calculator for service guidance, it can tell you exactly what parts need to be replaced according to time or distance that the car has covered. My car will also see the vRS kit sometime in the future, but taking a small break from the modifications right now while I get settled back in India and find what I want to do. Do share your own ownership thread or some photos of your car!
jalajprakash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote