Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 18:32   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,646
Thanked: 1,950 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Thanks guys for confirming what I already suspected, no more going to the tyre shop, unless by god's will it happens again at the same location and even then only the temporary fix at eighty rupees
Just FYI - You can get a tubeless puncture kit from eBay for < Rs 150 which will have 5 strips + tools. This means, each puncture fix is going to cost you Rs 30!!

If you've exhausted with all the strips, you can still get about 10-15 strips from eBay which will cost you about Rs 125 odd, this means, each puncture fix is going to cost you < Rs 15!!
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 14:48   #62
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Had a Bangalore Chennai trip over the weekend. Nothing to complain, the trip was fabulous. I also got an MID indicated 19.1 km/l for the journey which is good. I am assuming the actual mileage is around 18 km/l based on my past calculations.

Had fun with another S-Cross 1.6 on the way for around 30 kms and it was fun
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 19:06   #63
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Got my vehicle's 3rd free service done last week. Total bill came to 4302 Rupees. It included the oil change, air filter and fuel filter change. Wheel alignment and tyre rotation was also done. The ODO is at 10500kms now just 5 days short of 6 months. Its been a good ride so far

Post the service had a trip of around 1300 kms from Chennai - CBE - Madurai - Chennai and the vehicle performed very well with an indicated MID mileage of 19.5 km/l. Having the FASTag also helped in reducing the commute time by more than 1 hour each way so thumbs up to it.

Last edited by arvind71181 : 31st January 2017 at 19:08.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 19:27   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,569
Thanked: 4,440 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Got my vehicle's 3rd free service done last week. Total bill came to 4302 Rupees. It included the oil change, air filter and fuel filter change.
I think it should be oil and oil filter change, air filter cleaning for routine 10K KM service. Fuel filter would be changed during 20K KM service. Also by looking at your bill amount of 4300 Rs, I doubt air filter is changed. Please post a pic of bill
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 22:02   #65
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I think it should be oil and oil filter change, air filter cleaning for routine 10K KM service. Fuel filter would be changed during 20K KM service. Also by looking at your bill amount of 4300 Rs, I doubt air filter is changed. Please post a pic of bill
Yes sir, you are right, got confused with the oil and fuel filter . The cabin air filter was changed. Since then, I find that the a/c chills faster. Is there a connection?
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 22:22   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,569
Thanked: 4,440 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Yes sir, you are right, got confused with the oil and fuel filter . The cabin air filter was changed. Since then, I find that the a/c chills faster. Is there a connection?
Yes, you would find difference. You should have checked the state of your old cabin air filter . Cabin air filter gets clogged.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 18:11   #67
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default

My car touched the 11111 mark today in 6 months and 10 days. A snap shot of the same with some statistics accompanying them as well. Been a good journey so far and hope it remains the same
Attached Thumbnails
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-1487076048814.jpg  

The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-1487076070618.jpg  

arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 22:01   #68
BHPian
 
VSG12777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 206
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Congrats on your S Cross 1.6 Arvind! It is indeed a beast. I test drove this car a few times in the last 1 year and man it thrills me every time! It is one of the best enthusiast's cars in this price bracket.

I am also from Chennai and though I am really keen to get an automatic next, this S Cross 1.6 keeps pulling me towards it

If only this car had the dual clutch automatic that Suzuki offers in Europe, it would have been a no brainer. Another thing I am not so happy about is the meagre 353L boot in a 15 lac car. Even the Baleno has a 339L boot. Ciaz has a 510L boot.

However I have found that the ergonomics in the S Cross are excellent. Very nice front seats. Sliding front arm rest and padded foot rest are very comfortable. And the sheer feeling of width and space when you get into the driver seat, is just something that has to be experienced. I got into the S Cross right after exploring the Ciaz Alpha automatic at Nexa, and boy! The S Cross felt more premium and bigger from the front seat. The height and visibility make you feel you own the road. Not too high, but at the same time not low like most sedans. Ciaz is an exception though with its default higher set seats.

Overall a great car. However I am worried about getting stuck in B2B traffic in Chennai and with the turbo lag in the 1.6, I feel it might be frustrating.
At normal driving speeds and cruising speeds like 80 kmph and above, it is a joy to drive.

I have never bought a diesel car, and this would be the 1st one, if I get it.

Please PM me, as I would like to discuss certain aspects with you especially since we are both in Chennai. Once again, congrats on the purchase and enjoy the beast! I read all 5 pages of your thread. Well written.

---Venkat
VSG12777 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 23:59   #69
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 261
Thanked: 239 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post



Another thing I am not so happy about is the meagre 353L boot in a 15 lac car. Even the Baleno has a 339L boot. Ciaz has a 510L boot.
Dont just go by the number of litres. The S-Cross has a totally flat loading bay and is wide enough to take a whole lot of luggage. When I had driven my parent's S-Cross for Delhi-Rajasthan trip we were 5 adults and the boot was more than enough to carry the luggage for a 1 week and 1900 kms trip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post


However I am worried about getting stuck in B2B traffic in Chennai and with the turbo lag in the 1.6, I feel it might be frustrating.





Yes the 1.6 does have turbo lag and you will have to make good use of the gears in the city traffic. But once you get the hang of it shouldn't be much of a problem. The 1.3 would be better at that that pulls decently well from <1500 rpms where the 1.6 is comparatively dead.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 10:47   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,038
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just FYI - You can get a tubeless puncture kit from eBay for < Rs 150 which will have 5 strips + tools. This means, each puncture fix is going to cost you Rs 30!!

If you've exhausted with all the strips, you can still get about 10-15 strips from eBay which will cost you about Rs 125 odd, this means, each puncture fix is going to cost you < Rs 15!!
The strips are cheap, but inserting them in the tire is quite difficult. I too tried to insert them in my old bike's tire, but just couldn't, and had to pay the puncture shop guy just to push the strip in.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 18:31   #71
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Congrats on your S Cross 1.6 Arvind! It is indeed a beast. I test drove this car a few times in the last 1 year and man it thrills me every time! It is one of the best enthusiast's cars in this price bracket.

I am also from Chennai and though I am really keen to get an automatic next, this S Cross 1.6 keeps pulling me towards it

If only this car had the dual clutch automatic that Suzuki offers in Europe, it would have been a no brainer. Another thing I am not so happy about is the meagre 353L boot in a 15 lac car. Even the Baleno has a 339L boot. Ciaz has a 510L boot.

However I have found that the ergonomics in the S Cross are excellent. Very nice front seats. Sliding front arm rest and padded foot rest are very comfortable. And the sheer feeling of width and space when you get into the driver seat, is just something that has to be experienced. I got into the S Cross right after exploring the Ciaz Alpha automatic at Nexa, and boy! The S Cross felt more premium and bigger from the front seat. The height and visibility make you feel you own the road. Not too high, but at the same time not low like most sedans. Ciaz is an exception though with its default higher set seats.

Overall a great car. However I am worried about getting stuck in B2B traffic in Chennai and with the turbo lag in the 1.6, I feel it might be frustrating.
At normal driving speeds and cruising speeds like 80 kmph and above, it is a joy to drive.

I have never bought a diesel car, and this would be the 1st one, if I get it.

Please PM me, as I would like to discuss certain aspects with you especially since we are both in Chennai. Once again, congrats on the purchase and enjoy the beast! I read all 5 pages of your thread. Well written.

---Venkat
Thanks for your kind words Venkat. I have driven inside Chennai city and its not bad actually. Maybe I had my expectations set before buying but I don't find it much different from the other cars I drove. Maybe I am biased towards it 😀.

An update, the car has driven around 17000 KMS and is going good. Had a couple of trips to Bangalore, one to Thanjavur, one to Madurai and it is fantastic on the highway. Highway mileage is around 18 kmpl while in the city it is between 13 to 15
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 07:29   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,646
Thanked: 1,950 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
The strips are cheap, but inserting them in the tire is quite difficult. I too tried to insert them in my old bike's tire, but just couldn't, and had to pay the puncture shop guy just to push the strip in.
My friend, it's just a matter of mind in overcoming the mental barrier; I'm with you on the fact they're hard to push even to this date. On the very first attempt, I thought of giving up too. But then, I had a thought - If the guys at puncture shop can do it, then I can do it too

I've successfully fixed about 6-7 punctures on both my car & CPR for over 5+ years now
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 23:43   #73
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

I made a trip to the GD Naidu museum in Coimbatore when I went there in January. Better late than never, some pictures that I grabbed from the museum that day. Will probably cover over 2 - 3 posts due to the limitation on the number of pictures per post, click on image to read the description if not visible

The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105256195_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105341429_hdr.jpg

Volkswagen Beetle
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105734129_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105726136_hdr.jpg

Fiat Nuova 500
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105820765_hdr.jpg

Mini
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105858876_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105835469_hdr.jpg

Morris Bullnose Cowley
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105918403_hdr.jpg

Morris 8 Series E
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_105938065.jpg

Morris Minor
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110011687.jpg

Austin Seven
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110048218_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110037296_hdr.jpg

Austin Sheerline A125
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110207699_hdr.jpg

Wolseley 8 Series
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110244070_hdr.jpg

Ford Cortina
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110325152_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110315959_hdr.jpg

Rolls Royce 20
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110411113_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110401969_hdr.jpg

Rolls Royce...Continued
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110422863_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110431084_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110458311.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110450845.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110532518_hdr.jpg

Goggomobil - T250
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110607033_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110602114.jpg

BMW 700
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110651225_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110642256.jpg

Chevrolet AE Independence
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110810227_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110802479.jpg

Last edited by arvind71181 : 13th May 2017 at 23:46.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 23:57   #74
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default re: The Sleeper My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!

The second set of pictures...
Chevrolet Fleet Master
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110844770.jpg

Oldsmobile Dynamic 60
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110911873_hdr.jpg

Mercedes Benz 170S
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111000786_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_110945582_hdr.jpg

Plymouth Plaza
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111025511_hdr.jpg

Cadillac One - The Beast, how did they get this one's replica?
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111230440_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111242407_hdr.jpg

MB SLK 230-R
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111316686.jpg

Subaru Rex
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111343377_hdr.jpg

Citroen Dyane
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111442992_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111453774.jpg

Peugeot 504
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111544581.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111552507_hdr.jpg

Ambassador Mark II
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111659642_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111652944_hdr.jpg


Tata Nano
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111739448_hdr.jpg
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111753150.jpg

And finally...
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-img_20170127_111822803.jpg
arvind71181 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 16:15   #75
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default

Completed the first paid service on my car yesterday. The total bill came to 8889. Details below. The car had done only 18200 KMS buy decided to service as I have a couple of 1000 km drives coming up in quick succession.
Attached Thumbnails
The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-1495790137146.jpg  

The Sleeper  My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. EDIT: 20,000 km up!-1495790165754.jpg  

arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha - Pearl Arctic White Dr.Naren Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 286 10th August 2017 15:06
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha sandygordon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 151 14th June 2017 19:18
Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012 GTO The Indian Car Scene 182 12th March 2016 09:53
*Rumour* Maruti to launch XA Alpha in September'13 Nilesh5417 The Indian Car Scene 16 5th August 2013 10:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks