Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 20:21   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 487 Times
Default

Congratulations, this car is absolutely a looker and will stay fresh for a long time to come. Did you go for the Cherry red color? It is stunning.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2017, 14:53   #92
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations, this car is absolutely a looker and will stay fresh for a long time to come. Did you go for the Cherry red color? It is stunning.
Thanks buddy!
No, I have gone for a more sedate midnight blue. The red one is indeed snazzy, would have perhaps gone for that 5 years ago!
rohan.xj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2017, 17:05   #93
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 782
Thanked: 311 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
Thanks buddy!
No, I have gone for a more sedate midnight blue. The red one is indeed snazzy, would have perhaps gone for that 5 years ago!
C'mon, at 50, I went for the red with black interiors. The old one, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: Audi A4-img_0774.jpg  


Last edited by dinu2506 : 29th March 2017 at 17:09.
dinu2506 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 12:45   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
C'mon, at 50, I went for the red with black interiors. The old one, though.
The red car looks stunning, no doubts! but I doubt if i could have pulled it off!

but more than the color, your rims look smashing, aftermarkets, right?
rohan.xj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 13:05   #95
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 782
Thanked: 311 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
The red car looks stunning, no doubts! but I doubt if i could have pulled it off!

but more than the color, your rims look smashing, aftermarkets, right?
Nope these are stock rims. Few Premium Plus variants in the last batch came with these 17 inch alloys and front parking sensors as well. Was lucky to get one of those.
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 14:15   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 26
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

I had an opportunity to rent the new Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI for 4 days for a 1500 km road trip from Germany (where I live) to Switzerland and back.

The car is a dream!! The 2.0 TDI mated with 6 Speed automatic transmission is a pair made in heaven!

I was cruising for Long periods on 160 kmph on german autobahns, while occasionally touching 210 kmph with utmost ease!!.

But what really impressed me was the self parking System. I am not sure if it is available in India on the Audi A4, for that matter, if it even make sense in India to have such a feature. But here in Europe it is quite Handy! The car basically can park itself and also come out of a parked space by itself.

Another thing which was thoroughly impressive was the Fully digital Cluster or as we call it FDC ( I work in the interior Division of a large automotive supplier which supplies this particular FDC to Audi). One can clearly see that this is the future of Instrument Clusters.

The heated seats were added comfort at 1000+m altitudes and 5°C temperature in the swiss alps!.

Hope I can afford one of these soon!! Preferably an Audi A4 allroad Quattro!
ishankpatel is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 14:07   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishankpatel View Post

The car is a dream!! The 2.0 TDI mated with 6 Speed automatic transmission is a pair made in heaven!
Hey Ishan, the car is indeed a pleasure to drive! I have done about 600km since my purchase, simply can't get enough of the car!

The virtual cockpit (FDC) is available in India in the Technology trim, costs about 5 lacs more than the Premium Plus trim (which happens to be the base variant).

Quattro is not available in A4 yet, FWD only! Have seen prospective buyers not shortlist A4 for lack of RWD compared to competition!

Self parking is not available in any trim in India (yet). Expect the new A6 to perhaps feature this!
rohan.xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 17:18   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 26
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
Hey Ishan, the car is indeed a pleasure to drive! I have done about 600km since my purchase, simply can't get enough of the car!

The virtual cockpit (FDC) is available in India in the Technology trim, costs about 5 lacs more than the Premium Plus trim (which happens to be the base variant).

Quattro is not available in A4 yet, FWD only! Have seen prospective buyers not shortlist A4 for lack of RWD compared to competition!

Self parking is not available in any trim in India (yet). Expect the new A6 to perhaps feature this!
Hi Rohan, it indeed is! Congratulations on your purchase!!


5 Lacs is an insane amount that they are asking for as premium just for the FDC!! are you sure the Technology variant only includes the FDC and not the HUD and probably dual Zone climate control etc.. ? If it is only the FDC then Audi really Needs to think their pricing strategy through.

Quattro is a very rare sight in Germany as well!
ishankpatel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 08:19   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishankpatel View Post
Hi Rohan, it indeed is! Congratulations on your purchase!!


5 Lacs is an insane amount that they are asking for as premium just for the FDC!! are you sure the Technology variant only includes the FDC and not the HUD and probably dual Zone climate control etc.. ? If it is only the FDC then Audi really Needs to think their pricing strategy through.

Quattro is a very rare sight in Germany as well!
Thanks

Key add-ons in Technology variant (over and above Premium Plus) are:
  1. DVD Players (vs CD)
  2. Navigation
  3. Virtual Cockpit (FDC)
  4. Bigger Dash Screen
  5. Faux wood inserts along the AC vents, door pads and centre console (Premium plus has aluminium inserts)
  6. Wireless Charging in centre cubby hole
  7. Car Play/Android Auto

Out of the above, Virtual Cockpit is the USP and it does look kick ass, but could not convince myself to shell out another 5 lacs for the same.

Both variants come with triple zone climate control as standard. HUD is not offered in either variant as of now.
rohan.xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 08:42   #100
BHPian
 
Arjun Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 737
Thanked: 794 Times
Default Driven: Audi A4

Drove the A4 2.0 TDI recently. The performance from the engine and gear box was just awesome.

Loved the interior and exterior styling. Timeless. Wireless charging is a good step up in the segment. Tough I like my regular dials,the virtual cockpit looks nice and fresh. It's just going to be a fad for sometime and maybe you will not miss it in a week's time if it's not there. Definitely not worth the 5 lakhs.

The sore point of this drive was the steering. It feels ultra light even in sports mode. I really think Audi got this calibration wrong. It was feeling vague and light at even 100 kmph. Couldn't drive any quicker as I was on the ring road and not on a highway.

Also the aircon didn't feel upto to the mark. I was getting rather warm in the cabin with the AC set to
Low. Please check this out before a buy decision. Indian summers are getting worse. This comparison is made after I drove my C250 through 42 degree C in Tamil Nadu en route to Kodaikanal recently.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 28th April 2017 at 08:44.
Arjun Reddy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 10:26   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Drove the A4 2.0 TDI recently. The performance from the engine and gear box was just awesome.

Loved the interior and exterior styling. Timeless. Wireless charging is a good step up in the segment. Tough I like my regular dials,the virtual cockpit looks nice and fresh. It's just going to be a fad for sometime and maybe you will not miss it in a week's time if it's not there. Definitely not worth the 5 lakhs.

The sore point of this drive was the steering. It feels ultra light even in sports mode. I really think Audi got this calibration wrong. It was feeling vague and light at even 100 kmph. Couldn't drive any quicker as I was on the ring road and not on a highway.

Also the aircon didn't feel upto to the mark. I was getting rather warm in the cabin with the AC set to
Low. Please check this out before a buy decision. Indian summers are getting worse. This comparison is made after I drove my C250 through 42 degree C in Tamil Nadu en route to Kodaikanal recently.
Arjun, did you drive a demo car? AC is not an issue at all! Haven't tested it yet in 42degrees but we have experienced 35/38 Degrees till date and the chiller exceeds expectations!

On the steering - Silly Q perhaps but did you change the drive mode to Dynamic? Slotting the gear sift from Drive to Sports does not alter the steering, it merely alters the shifts. I am asking this because i recently touched 175 and the car was rock steady with an aptly weighed steering control.
rohan.xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 11:18   #102
BHPian
 
Arjun Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 737
Thanked: 794 Times
Default Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
Arjun, did you drive a demo car? AC is not an issue at all!
On the steering - Silly Q perhaps but did you change the drive mode to Dynamic?
Yes. It was a demo car. I did select dynamic and felt the steering very light. Maybe I am making a comparison here between the C250, 3 series and the A4. Haven't pushed the car beyond 100 kmph though. Maybe the steering weighs up post this speed.

Congratulations on the new toy.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 28th April 2017 at 11:23.
Arjun Reddy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 13:00   #103
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Montreal, CA
Posts: 122
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Driven: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
Hi Guys,

Just booked an Audi A4 35TDI Premium Plus (2017). While I found the TFSI to be adequately fast, did not want to spend 40+ big ones on a 1.4 litre engine (even my bike is a 900cc!), hence chose the TDI. Choice between Premium Plus and Tech was fairly easy since I did not find the add-ons (navi, virtual cockpit, slightly bigger screen and faux-wood inlays) worth spending ~5 lacs. Booked at Audi West (Mumbai), hoping for a delivery over the next 7-10 days.

Final choice made after extensive TDs of C220 Avantgarde (besotted with the panoramic sun roof at one point of time, but the car did scrape over a few bumps and priced higher), new X1 (excellent space, lacklustre interiors) and the new Endeavour (stunning car inside-out, but could not convince myself to sell 39 lacs on a Ford). 320d not considered due to bland interiors (drive is indeed phenomenal).

Jaguar XE was available at some hefty discount but not considered due to ASS problems. Same reason for not considering Skoda.

Things I really liked about the Audi A4 35 TDI
  • Stunning interiors, looks absolutely brilliant at night!
  • Good rear seat space / comfort. May not seat 5, but will seat 4 in luxury
  • High on safety with 8 airbags
  • Almost fully loaded (barring the differences I mentioned above). Would have preferred Apple Carplay, but can live without it.
  • Subtle yet elegant looks from all angles.

Things that could have been better:
  • Alloy wheels are pretty uninspiring (especially for the Tech edition)
  • Apple Car Play
  • Better speakers (perhaps as an optional accessory)

Eagerly waiting for the car delivery, will revert with an initial ownership review soon.

Cheers
Rohan
Congratulations on your new toy. Do post some pictures for some visual pleasure, that could never hurt. Also want to see those rims that you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
C'mon, at 50, I went for the red with black interiors. The old one, though.
We share the exact same body profile and color, except for the rims. Your car looks stunning

Here's a pic of mine that I took few months ago on an early morning up cliff drive. Sorry for the Snapchat tags.

sweetvar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audi Sportscar Experience at Buddh Int'l F1 Circuit. R8 V10 Driven! .anshuman Super-Cars & Imports in India 27 14th April 2017 23:09
Driven.in launches Driven Cafe in Hyderabad Aditya Street Experiences 7 9th June 2016 09:32
Driven: 2015 Audi A6 Matrix ajmat Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 23rd March 2016 15:02
Test Driven : Audi A6 saloon 3.0 V6 Dippy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 21st August 2006 17:53
Driven : Audi TT Coupe 1.8 T Dippy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 23 6th December 2005 14:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:12.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks