Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th April 2017, 14:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
I just picked up a red VX AT yesterday. A Feb 2017 make.
Heartiest congratulations !! Honda must have sold very few VX ATs till date after the facelift, we must be an exclusive club . Eagerly waiting for your review.
Quote:
[*]The rear tires seem a little mis-aligned. My OCD got triggered when I was taking delivery and I noticed that the rear tires were not exactly parallel to the straight line. They seemed as if they cambered out a bit. I insisted on getting it mounted on an automatic wheel alignment machine and they did it for me and showed me that the readings were all within permissible limits. Any idea?
If the tires show a visible negative camber, then even a not-very-accurate machine should immediately show the readings. Relax, its mostly nothing! Enjoy your ride.

Quote:
[*]As you pointed out, there's no illumination on the gear shift positions. Very irritating at times.
I agree, I would rather Honda charge people a few hundred rupees more and think about UI too.

Quote:
[*]Did you notice that the engine fan keeps turning on very often when the AC is on? While I was driving the car back from the dealership last night, I noticed that the fan keeps tripping and coming on ever so often.
For some reason, I have not noticed it so far. But I am not paying much attention too. My dad drives about 1-2kms (basically distances too far to walk) so I am not sure if that has got something to do with it.

Quote:
[*]The ergonomics are so good. I love the seating position, I love the seat adjustment, I love the lumbar support, and the steering position adjustment just makes it so snug and comfy.[*]Suspension is more than satisfactory. Feels very mature over bumps and holes.[/list]
I agree! People report a bumpy ride, but maybe I thought my feeling of a "mature" , pliant ride is a one off. This confirms it!
When I take it to office, I encounter a stretch of few hundred meters of road which hasnt been yet tarred, and is very gravelly. The Swift when driven over it feels like pebbles in a tin can (Feels like falling down a flight of stairs, as Mr. Clarkson would put it) , but in the Brio I can hardly feel anything.
Maybe I should post a dashcam video comparison to make things a bit clearer.

Last edited by sajo : 7th April 2017 at 14:36.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 20:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
The rear tires seem a little mis-aligned. My OCD got triggered when I was taking delivery and I noticed that the rear tires were not exactly parallel to the straight line. They seemed as if they cambered out a bit. I insisted on getting it mounted on an automatic wheel alignment machine and they did it for me and showed me that the readings were all within permissible limits. Any idea?

I lost a couple of night's sleep over this. Apparently, it isn't misalignment, but an illusion that our mind creates. These were the exact words told by the ASC service manager. Anyhow, I thought I was the only one living with it, but now I know.... I AIN'T ALONE!

On a serious note, I have been checking on other Brios and they seem misaligned as well. A few seem alright though. Anybody with more insight on this, please save our sanity!
Trueintrepid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 17:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post

On a serious note, I have been checking on other Brios and they seem misaligned as well. A few seem alright though. Anybody with more insight on this, please save our sanity!
Do you have upsized tires ?
Can you please share a pic to show us which angle you are checking it from ? With my 6 month service coming up this weekend, I want to make sure it gets addressed (if it exists..).
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 20:14   #49
BHPian

Even my Brios second service is due this weekend. Engine oil change and a car wash most probably will be done. Also will try to check for engine insulation under bonnet if available.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 10:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Do you have upsized tires ?
Can you please share a pic to show us which angle you are checking it from ? With my 6 month service coming up this weekend, I want to make sure it gets addressed (if it exists..).
I am running on 185/60 R14 Michelin. I am currently travelling and don't have the BRIO with me. Anyhow, if you stand behind the car at a distance of 20 metres and kneel perpendicularly, you will notice the rear tyres slightly out. But then I see this in 90 per cent of Brios. Which is why I have asked the experts to throw some light.

My service is also due this month end. Guys, please post your experience after you are done with yours.
Trueintrepid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 22:03   #51
BHPian

If your tires are not wearing out unevenly then there is nothing to worry about.
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 10:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Got the car serviced two weeks back. This was a paid service. After misc consumables and synthetic oil , the bill came to a reasonable 2299 rupees. I am surprised that it would be this less, so I am assuming they are using some kind of synthetic blend and not a full synthetic oil.
The service at Deccan Honda seemed very lax, and in spite of me confirming over phone about a "Quick Service" appointment , they were adamant that no such thing exists. I may give them a pass next time and go with Crystal Honda, which is nearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Does your car have a LTD sticker, and were you parked near Dahanukar Circle in the evening sometime last week?

Cheers,
Vikram
Nope, carries no stickers , though I was parked(halted) in Dahanukar on saturday evening to drop a colleague home.

Last edited by sajo : 24th April 2017 at 10:51. Reason: Quoting in existing post..
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 10:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Got the car serviced two weeks back.
Does your car have a LTD sticker, and were you parked near Dahanukar Circle in the evening sometime last week?

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 14:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

On a weekday afternoon , my father was patiently waiting at a red light, and from behind came a speeding bike, and rammed the rear bumper. Fell down, and had the gall to ask for money for "damaging his bike". Dad asked him to take it to the side so that he can call the cops and get it sorted, and they ran away.
Net result was this. Apologies for the poor pic quality.

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img20170622wa0003_2.jpg

I tried pushing it back to shape but it wasnt budging much due it being hard to reach, so decided to seek help. Contacted Sudhir Gaikwad from this tread (Paintless Dent Removal - Sudhir Gaikwad (Pune)) yesterday, and he arrived today morning to fix it.

This is how it looks now. Not as sharp as before, but 85% there. Cost was about thousand rupees.

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img20170623wa0004.jpg
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 15:16   #55
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi

Congrats for the new car. Does it have a parking sensor?

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2017 at 16:54. Reason: Typo corrected
krish-iitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 19:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
Hi

Congrats for the new car. Does it have a parking sensor?
Hi , thanks krish-iitm.
To answer your question, no, the car does not have any parking sensors, there is an official accessory available from Honda, but I found it overpriced and did not buy it.
The accessory is not a camera though, just a sensor.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote