Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th April 2017, 14:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
I just picked up a red VX AT yesterday. A Feb 2017 make.
Heartiest congratulations !! Honda must have sold very few VX ATs till date after the facelift, we must be an exclusive club . Eagerly waiting for your review.
Quote:
[*]The rear tires seem a little mis-aligned. My OCD got triggered when I was taking delivery and I noticed that the rear tires were not exactly parallel to the straight line. They seemed as if they cambered out a bit. I insisted on getting it mounted on an automatic wheel alignment machine and they did it for me and showed me that the readings were all within permissible limits. Any idea?
If the tires show a visible negative camber, then even a not-very-accurate machine should immediately show the readings. Relax, its mostly nothing! Enjoy your ride.

Quote:
[*]As you pointed out, there's no illumination on the gear shift positions. Very irritating at times.
I agree, I would rather Honda charge people a few hundred rupees more and think about UI too.

Quote:
[*]Did you notice that the engine fan keeps turning on very often when the AC is on? While I was driving the car back from the dealership last night, I noticed that the fan keeps tripping and coming on ever so often.
For some reason, I have not noticed it so far. But I am not paying much attention too. My dad drives about 1-2kms (basically distances too far to walk) so I am not sure if that has got something to do with it.

Quote:
[*]The ergonomics are so good. I love the seating position, I love the seat adjustment, I love the lumbar support, and the steering position adjustment just makes it so snug and comfy.[*]Suspension is more than satisfactory. Feels very mature over bumps and holes.[/list]
I agree! People report a bumpy ride, but maybe I thought my feeling of a "mature" , pliant ride is a one off. This confirms it!
When I take it to office, I encounter a stretch of few hundred meters of road which hasnt been yet tarred, and is very gravelly. The Swift when driven over it feels like pebbles in a tin can (Feels like falling down a flight of stairs, as Mr. Clarkson would put it) , but in the Brio I can hardly feel anything.
Maybe I should post a dashcam video comparison to make things a bit clearer.

Last edited by sajo : 7th April 2017 at 14:36.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 20:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
The rear tires seem a little mis-aligned. My OCD got triggered when I was taking delivery and I noticed that the rear tires were not exactly parallel to the straight line. They seemed as if they cambered out a bit. I insisted on getting it mounted on an automatic wheel alignment machine and they did it for me and showed me that the readings were all within permissible limits. Any idea?

I lost a couple of night's sleep over this. Apparently, it isn't misalignment, but an illusion that our mind creates. These were the exact words told by the ASC service manager. Anyhow, I thought I was the only one living with it, but now I know.... I AIN'T ALONE!

On a serious note, I have been checking on other Brios and they seem misaligned as well. A few seem alright though. Anybody with more insight on this, please save our sanity!
Trueintrepid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 17:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post

On a serious note, I have been checking on other Brios and they seem misaligned as well. A few seem alright though. Anybody with more insight on this, please save our sanity!
Do you have upsized tires ?
Can you please share a pic to show us which angle you are checking it from ? With my 6 month service coming up this weekend, I want to make sure it gets addressed (if it exists..).
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 20:14   #49
BHPian

Even my Brios second service is due this weekend. Engine oil change and a car wash most probably will be done. Also will try to check for engine insulation under bonnet if available.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 10:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Do you have upsized tires ?
Can you please share a pic to show us which angle you are checking it from ? With my 6 month service coming up this weekend, I want to make sure it gets addressed (if it exists..).
I am running on 185/60 R14 Michelin. I am currently travelling and don't have the BRIO with me. Anyhow, if you stand behind the car at a distance of 20 metres and kneel perpendicularly, you will notice the rear tyres slightly out. But then I see this in 90 per cent of Brios. Which is why I have asked the experts to throw some light.

My service is also due this month end. Guys, please post your experience after you are done with yours.
Trueintrepid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 22:03   #51
BHPian

If your tires are not wearing out unevenly then there is nothing to worry about.
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 10:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Got the car serviced two weeks back. This was a paid service. After misc consumables and synthetic oil , the bill came to a reasonable 2299 rupees. I am surprised that it would be this less, so I am assuming they are using some kind of synthetic blend and not a full synthetic oil.
The service at Deccan Honda seemed very lax, and in spite of me confirming over phone about a "Quick Service" appointment , they were adamant that no such thing exists. I may give them a pass next time and go with Crystal Honda, which is nearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Does your car have a LTD sticker, and were you parked near Dahanukar Circle in the evening sometime last week?

Cheers,
Vikram
Nope, carries no stickers , though I was parked(halted) in Dahanukar on saturday evening to drop a colleague home.

Last edited by sajo : 24th April 2017 at 10:51. Reason: Quoting in existing post..
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 10:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the car serviced two weeks back.
Does your car have a LTD sticker, and were you parked near Dahanukar Circle in the evening sometime last week?

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 14:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

On a weekday afternoon , my father was patiently waiting at a red light, and from behind came a speeding bike, and rammed the rear bumper. Fell down, and had the gall to ask for money for "damaging his bike". Dad asked him to take it to the side so that he can call the cops and get it sorted, and they ran away.
Net result was this. Apologies for the poor pic quality.

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img20170622wa0003_2.jpg

I tried pushing it back to shape but it wasnt budging much due it being hard to reach, so decided to seek help. Contacted Sudhir Gaikwad from this tread (Paintless Dent Removal - Sudhir Gaikwad (Pune)) yesterday, and he arrived today morning to fix it.

This is how it looks now. Not as sharp as before, but 85% there. Cost was about thousand rupees.

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img20170623wa0004.jpg
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 15:16   #55
BANNED

Hi

Congrats for the new car. Does it have a parking sensor?

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2017 at 16:54. Reason: Typo corrected
krish-iitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 19:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
Hi

Congrats for the new car. Does it have a parking sensor?
Hi , thanks krish-iitm.
To answer your question, no, the car does not have any parking sensors, there is an official accessory available from Honda, but I found it overpriced and did not buy it.
The accessory is not a camera though, just a sensor.
Old 29th September 2017, 08:26   #57
BHPian

Hi,
i have also booked a VX AT delivery to be in a weeks time. wanted to check if any one here has opted for the center arm rest, which is offered as an official accessory. If yes can you post your experience with the same i.e. how sturdy it is, were holes drilled and over all experience.

I think a center arm rest is important for an AT car, however not in favour of drilling holes.

Feedback / experience from members on the same will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
nvluv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 12:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
Hi,
i have also booked a VX AT delivery to be in a weeks time. wanted to check if any one here has opted for the center arm rest, which is offered as an official accessory. If yes can you post your experience with the same i.e. how sturdy it is, were holes drilled and over all experience.

I think a center arm rest is important for an AT car, however not in favour of drilling holes.

Feedback / experience from members on the same will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi nvluv, apologies for the late reply, I completely missed this post of yours.
The center armrest which is offered by Honda costs 4k (IIRC) and would have been completely worth it if the integration was neat. But it isnt, and it fouls with the handbrake. Involves drilling holes just behind the center console, and I was afraid it might induce rattles, so I havent opted for it.
Have you received delivery of your car ? If so , do post the armrest pics, if you got it installed!
Old 8th October 2017, 13:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Its been a while since I updated this thread, mainly because the Brio hasnt been seeing much action. Mainly used to tootle about town and serves the purpose well.

Last month, decided to take a break and head out of the city, taking the baby Honda for its first ever road trip with us , instead of the Swift, which was so far a de facto choice.
So packed our bags, and off we went to Goa. The roads for most parts ranged for excellent to good , the road manners, however, left a lot to be desired, especially around towns.

Some views of the roads :

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170912_091058.jpg

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170912_122523.jpg

The Brio, I should say, makes for a brilliant little highway companion! The tall 5th means you can cruise along at 80-100 kmph at a very unstressed 1800-2100 RPM. The power is always available when you need it, except for a couple of occasions wherein a firm shove of the right foot was called for to downshift into the right gear.
The twisties (and there were many of them) were handled really well as well, though not in the league of the Swift due to the ultra light steering. I can say it could very well be second best hatch for the twisties. The ride quality being on the soft side really helped in patches where the incessant rains had left the road pockmarked.

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170912_153412.jpg

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170912_155111.jpg

It can cruise silently and unstressed for extended amounts of time. After a 10 hour drive with a couple of breaks in between, we reached our destination to be greeted by this :

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170913_184111.jpg

And where we spent the next couple of days staring at this :

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170913_185528.jpg

and this :

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170914_182210956_hdr_paintbrush.jpg

Have got more, because it never really gets tiring. The meteorological department had predicted extremely heavy rains during that period, so thankfully, we had none and enjoyed our time in the extremely pleasant weather.

The return drive involved a pitstop at Kolhapur. If you are ever in that part of town, do try this EXCELLENT thali place called "Dehati". The meat preparations are said to be excellent , while the one I tried below was mind blowing too. Infact, if driving along the NH4 during mealtimes, I recommend leaving the highway and driving into town, specifically to have a meal here.

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170916_215647801.jpg

Apologies for the bit of OT.

Some other highlights of the trip :
- It was the missus' first time driving an automatic car, and was instantly at home. Does not take getting used to at all.
- The fuel efficiency was not bad at all! I couldnt measure by the tankful method thanks to multiple fillups in between, but I did see 21kmpl at one point!

Overall FE including some in-city driving :

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170912_094929189_paintbrush.jpg

- The overall range on good highways can thus be safely assumed to be in the region of ~500kms between tankfuls, with my driving style.

- May not be comfortable with a full load of passengers. For the passengers.

- Inspite of its highway behaviour strengths , road tripping is hampered by the tiniest of boots , we barely managed to squeeze in a couple of soft bags.

Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift-img_20170916_145038304_hdr.jpg

One year update :

- The first year sees very limited running of the car, the odo stands at <4000kms.
- The third service , which is the first paid service for the Brio (Paid as in labour and consumables both) , is due now. Unsure of whether to get it done at Crystal Honda Bavdhan (Closer to home) or Deccan Honda Satara Road. Feedback on both these would be appreciated.
- The family has started having a teeny weeny bit of buyer's remorse, mainly due to the dimensions.
- Thankfully, no rattles yet.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 14:49   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hi nvluv, apologies for the late reply, I completely missed this post of yours.
The center armrest which is offered by Honda costs 4k (IIRC) and would have been completely worth it if the integration was neat. But it isnt, and it fouls with the handbrake. Involves drilling holes just behind the center console, and I was afraid it might induce rattles, so I havent opted for it.
Have you received delivery of your car ? If so , do post the armrest pics, if you got it installed!
Thanks Sajo for your revert appreciate your comments. i have taken delivery of the car this weekend. did not go with the honda arm rest as it did not seem value for money, however got an arm rest fitted from an external car accessory shop. This also involved drilling holes but was around 1K. Have a similar one in my friends polo since 3 years recently it came lose, spoke to the shop owner and he mentioned that he can re fix it properly. it did not rattle however.

will post some pictures shortly for your reference and also to add it is very comforting. you will also appreciate it if you install the same.
nvluv is offline   Reply With Quote