Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:24   #16
BHPian
 
rageshgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/Vaikom
Posts: 367
Thanked: 214 Times
Default re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
I am considering the Polo GT TSI as my self driving second car option. A sporty self driven automatic hatch is what I am looking for. Could you share your updated ownership experience?
A sporty self driven automatic hatch - look no further than the GT TSI. As long as you can live with not so great mileage (when driven enthusiastically) and limited back seat space (which this being a second car, I don't think it will bother you much).

Ownership wise, I have covered everything so far. Nothing much has happened after that. The car is doing well. Has done 4.1k km so far.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 11:17   #17
BHPian
 
rageshgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/Vaikom
Posts: 367
Thanked: 214 Times
Default re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Hi guys,

Excited to share a major upgrade. An upgrade I always wanted, even before I got the car.

She is now CODE6 Tuned!! She is freer, and wilder.

I had been vacillating a remap for a long time. But being in Chennai, it needs a lot of planning. One needs to wait for a remap day or drive to other states. Some family situations prevented me from going as long as Bangalore.

So I pinged Sirius Motorsports one night expressing interest to get a remap. He confirmed that it will be from code6. Parallely I messaged Sajan and Raahul that I am in talks with Sirius regarding a remap. Guess what! Tadu and Raahul said they might actually come down to Chennai soon.
This was just what the doctor ordered!

So I waited for the dates. Within a week, Sajeeth from Sirius pinged me saying a Dyno and Remap Day was planned that weekend and that Sajan is coming down. Cross checked with Sajan and he confirmed as well!

That weekend I reached the Sirius Dyno Centre in the afternoon. I was trembling with excitement yet trying to relax myself. Within a few minutes I heard the royal rumble of another powerful car which was anything but stock. It was Sajan and Sajeeth in the famous Skoda Laura.

As soon as they got out, the ever inquisitive Tadu checked out my car and it's hand controls for accelerator and brakes and we chatted about it.

He was immediately in business. He recommended the mechanics to check my air filter and de restrict the front of my air intake and plug the other holes.

Then we attempted a stock Dyno but it had some device driver issues so we were debugging it. Just then Tadu came and uttered those magic words, "Let's do some mapping" and got the reading of my stock map in 3 minutes. Flashed the new remap in another 3 minutes! And it was done !!

I could not wait to try it out! By then the air intake was fixed, so was the Dyno software.

We started Dyno-ing the car. The sound of my car going flat out in the huge hangar was intimidating as well as gave me goose bumps. The DSG kept shifting down or up so full throttle Dyno was almost impossible.

Then I was asked to do a test drive. I immediately noticed a change in the sound character of my engine. I started out slowly to get to know the map. The DSG shifted like crazy. There was so much torque, the DSG was in n+1 gear as compared to stock most of the time.

Then I shifted to S and floored it! Let's say I was left with more respect for this 1.2 TSI engine after that. The growl was ferocious, the acceleration was more raw, the ESP was flashing even in 3rd gear, torque steer was evident. I loved it! The Yoko S Drive 195/55/15 was barely able to contain the fury.

Had one more run with Sajeeth! Even he reckoned it was a very aggressive tune. Still it maintained the linear characteristics of the TSI Engine.

I mentioned to Tadu that this might as well be the first performance tuned retrofitted "Invalid carriage" car. Even he said yes come to think of it might be true. He even said I am the reason he actually he materialized plan of coming down to Chennai this weekend!

By then riyaz_cobra arrived with Biriyany and it was a perfect way to send off. Thanked Tadu and Sajeeth and left.

To add icing to the cake, the return route involved driving on the Chennai Outer Ring Road, one of the few express ways here. The car was easily hitting ton like it was doing 80.

The lag between 80 to 100 is completely gone. 80 to 100 is very eager. Generally it reaches 20 kph extra in the same effort/time as opposed to stock! Let's say it reaches mouth watering highway speeds much easier.

Will let you know further updates after adding a BMC filter.

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20170814_000244.jpg

White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!-img_20170805_185522.jpg

Last edited by rageshgr : 14th August 2017 at 11:23.
rageshgr is offline   (15) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 08:49   #18
BHPian
 
DeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 414
Thanked: 152 Times
Default re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Hey Rageshgr,
Good to hear the remap went well. Do you have a rough idea of what the new power and torque figures might be? One would assume this voids warranty, no?
Also, what is a code6 remap priced at?

Last edited by DeKay : 15th August 2017 at 08:50.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 17:56   #19
BHPian
 
rageshgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/Vaikom
Posts: 367
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hey Rageshgr,
Good to hear the remap went well. Do you have a rough idea of what the new power and torque figures might be? One would assume this voids warranty, no?
Also, what is a code6 remap priced at?

Thanks.

Due to the DSG it kept shifting down and up-shifting could n't get proper figures. Could not go beyond 60-70% throttle. With that, it had around 110 BHP and 190 Nm. Have to try once again with full throttle if its possible. We reckon it to be around 125-130 BHP/210-215 Nm at crank.

Technically Yes it might void warranty. Depends what kind of warranty you claim and whether they check for remaps etc.

Cost 20k, then again depends on the kind of car and prevaliing discounts.

Last edited by rageshgr : 16th August 2017 at 18:02.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 11:59   #20
BHPian
 
rageshgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/Vaikom
Posts: 367
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hey Rageshgr,
Good to hear the remap went well. Do you have a rough idea of what the new power and torque figures might be? One would assume this voids warranty, no?
Also, what is a code6 remap priced at?
Update. Got the benchmark Dyno results when they tested the map. It is 137 BHP and 210 Nm !! Boy am I thrilled
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 14:40   #21
BHPian
 
DeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 414
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Update. Got the benchmark Dyno results when they tested the map. It is 137 BHP and 210 Nm !! Boy am I thrilled
Wow, that sounds excellent!
I'm intrigued. Especially because you mentioned the car now settles at a higher gear than stock. It's a pain to drive it in stop and go traffic on uneven roads because the gearbox feels really fidgety sometimes.
Would you say that after this remap, the gearbox feels much more relaxed?

Also, is a 0-100 time coming soon or what? :P
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 17:58   #22
BHPian
 
rageshgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/Vaikom
Posts: 367
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Wow, that sounds excellent!
I'm intrigued. Especially because you mentioned the car now settles at a higher gear than stock. It's a pain to drive it in stop and go traffic on uneven roads because the gearbox feels really fidgety sometimes.
Would you say that after this remap, the gearbox feels much more relaxed?

Also, is a 0-100 time coming soon or what? :P
Well the the cog swap has certainly reduced a bit. Since there is extra torque. Sometimes it does not need to kick down when the stock used to kick down. But in stop go traffic it still swaps between 1 and 2 because at those speeds, the turbo has not spooled. But still it is a bit better than stock.

In stop go, if it's very slow say 5 kph. You better leave it in M 1.

0-100 yes I really want to do one. Will try soon. Especially after changing to BMC Air filter, it seems to have a bit more grunt. unfortunately I didn't do a stock run. Still we will get an idea.

Last edited by rageshgr : 19th August 2017 at 17:59.
rageshgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 18:21   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,577
Thanked: 4,448 Times
Default Re: White Lightning - VW Polo GT TSI. Now Code 6 tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Got the benchmark Dyno results when they tested the map. It is 137 BHP and 210 Nm !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
unfortunately I didn't do a stock run. Still we will get an idea.
Are the dyno figures at crank or wheels? Also which dyno facility was used for the run post remap?
Dr.Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
My White Polo GT TSI esma1981 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 26th September 2014 15:42
My white lightning - The Jaguar XF-R nirmalkrishnan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 26th September 2012 00:17
Black Lightning: My Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI DSG-UPDATE: DSG box replaced! Swanand Inamdar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 130 10th September 2012 13:01
White Lightning strikes Valparai pypkmsrikanth Travelogues 48 12th November 2010 08:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:12.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks