Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd November 2016, 17:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default My Tata Safari Storme Varicor : 400 Nm & 4x4

Prologue

Second owner of M800 in 2005 and graduated to Swift VXI in 2008, the only thing I could do was fancying myself driving a SUV, in fact a Safari, later a Safari Storme that was just launched after much hype over Merlin (if I remember correctly). Though the first looks were slightly disappointing but the fact that there were over a 100 (claimed) improvements over the Safari Dicor authenticated by positive TBHP reviews, kept my inclinations intact towards this 4x4 SUV(for me SUV needs to be 4x4).

“Storme?”

“Why a TATA brand when you have hell of options to choose from Mahindra, Toyota, Ford, Honda and what not?”

“What is 4x4? How much more?”

All sort of disappointed and puzzled reactions were thrown towards me whenever I dared putting my thoughts across of getting a 4X4 Storme to my friends and family...barring a few like-minded friends.

‘Why Storme’ was everyone’s first question and few wondered why a 4X4 since most of them were oblivious of the difference. All my technical answers, even YouTube off roading videos, could not convince anyone. The worst part, my wife was also on the other side and convincing her was most difficult and at the same time most important. The only thing favorable for me was she understood my passion and knew that I was very close to waiving off my thirties. Convincing her for Storme was easy as she could appreciate the design and form (we architects love to use these terms), agreement on 4x4 was a tough decision which took some time but was eventually approved. I still do not know the reason but the only thing important for me was that everything was as per plan.

This approval, however, came with a warning that the capabilities of a 4x4 vehicle were to be used to its best and this additional feature should not get ‘wasted’. I had another challenge of proving my scale right for this car which was slightly difficult standing at 5 feet 7 inches from ground with a weight of 65kg and no abs or even muscles. A Storme test drive for me but actually a scale/size test for her was the last exam that I cleared with barely passing marks.

Alternatives Considered

Thar – It cannot be used as a family car, period.

Scorpio – The car was rejected as soon the door was opened for a test drive. No reason pinpointed but the interiors were not approved.

S Cross – Delayed anticipated launch of AWD version was the only reason.

XUV 500 – Loaded features with leather seats, internal lighting, utilities and attractive interiors with all the bells and whistles made it agreeable for a test drive. The route was already tested by a Storme half an hour back and this one could not glide like the Storme did on those potholes (read craters). Decision made.

Duster AWD – Loved it! But my friends’ bad experiences at service center in Gurgaon were enough to keep me at the bay.

Used Grand Vitara – Could not find a single good used GV in 8 months of search. I guess was not destined to drive a GV.

Gypsy - I have loved Gypsy from the day it was launched and I still love it. But at 40, I needed air conditioning and power steering. A few years back I saw a very sweet deal on TBHP classified where someone was selling modified one with power steering, AC, 1.6 L engine and what not. It was sold by the time I decided to go for it. After that nothing like that came up.

Isuzu D-Max V-cross- I was totally floored by the looks and anticipated price of V Cross at the Auto Expo. However, it felt bit under powered when I took a test drive. I did not need 7 seats anyway but requirement of such a large loading bay was also not in my list. The major negatives for me were the length of the vehicle and mediocre rear bench and they became the deal breakers.

Honda City/Ciaz/Corolla/Elantra – They all were considered when I briefly gave up the idea of getting a 4WD vehicle. We would have got Elantra as I simply adore the looks of this car. Moreover, my wife likes it too. However, I could not completely be cured of 4WD bug and hence they were not considered in subsequent stages.

Many say that I had already made up my mind and the alternatives were considered only to find reasons to reject them. I say to them – no comments.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 23rd December 2016 at 16:06.
sourabhzen is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Tata Safari Storme Varicor : 400 Nm & 4x4

Booking and Delivery

October 2015 - My hunt for a 4x4 in Gurgaon ended only after getting valuable advice from iabhishekumar to call Concorde Motors in New Delhi. All details on pricing, exchange, discounts along with a Test drive at desired location by instantly facilitated.

To keep all my apprehensions at bay I asked for another test drive, this time in crowded and congested South Ex and Masjid Mod area to see if I can handle the beast as my daily commute. To put things in perspective, I drive 80 kms daily to and fro – Okhla to Gurgaon - 3.5 hours on road daily struggling my way out in heavy traffic. I found it manageable in heavy traffic and narrow lanes, though it was not easy to maneuver as my Swift.

The last thing to on my list was to order my fresh set of TBHP stickers for the new Storme after completing all formalities related to bookings and loan applications.

After complete payment, I did PDI on 17th November 2015 and Concorde was supposed to send the car for registration on the very next day. On same day Rajsmine broke the news of sighting of 400NM variant. I was out of station that day and did not log into TBHP. My heart sank when I saw the post on 19th.

Called Concorde and came to know that the car is still not registered which gave me an opportunity to hold it for few days. In next few days the 400NM news got confirmed. Meanwhile I chatted (via PMs) with Bawaji DB sir and he convinced me that it is worth waiting for 400NM. The booking got changed to 400NM and the wait began again. On December 16, 2015 I got text from regional sales manager that my 400NM is billed and is being shipped. The same day Supreme Court banned the sale of 2000+ CC diesel vehicles in NCR. Concorde refunded the entire amount within a short time and the only loss was around 2.5K of service tax deducted by the bank.

To cut the long story short, next 6-7 months I spoke to dealers in Meerut, Agra and Dehradun. Navpreet318 helped me getting in touch with dealer in Dehradun. I was about to transfer money to dealer in Agra in July when Concorde SA called me to say that 1.99L is coming soon. This too, as you all know, never happened but further delayed my Storme.

After waiting for almost 11 months coupled with confusing days where I almost decided against buying a Storme or any other car, finally the SC imposed ban was removed in mid September 2015 and the process restarted. This time I got free insurance as per TATAs offer along with 20k of exchange bonus and 10K of cash discount topped up by gold AMC and extended warranty as advised by all TBHPians. Tarun Saini from Concorde was quite patient with my frequent calls and accepted almost all my 'requests'. I must say that he handled my frequent outbursts very professionally.

My ‘Safari Storme VX 4X4 Refreshed’ arrived Delhi on November 16, 2016 (not without drama though) but I took the delivery on October 2, 2016, owing to the religious days of Navratri, hoping for all possible blessings this time. Finally the day came when we owned the new Varicor Storme (sans polythene and ribbons, removed at request) and my daughter placed a small yellow ribbon on its hood as a welcome gesture.

On Road price & Discounts
  • Ex Showroom - 15,30,774
  • Insurance - Nil as part of TATA promotion, Paid 4877 for zero Dep
  • Road Tax - 1,53,338
  • 1% TDS - 15,340
  • Extended Warranty - 7165
  • AMC - 21,910
  • TOTAL - 17,33,372
Discounts -
  • Exchange Bonus - 20,000
  • Cash Discounts - 10,000

Accessories installed:
  • LED DRLs
  • Sun visors
  • Alloys painted black at dealership
  • Autocop Track pro
  • Gear Lock

Delivery day picture:
Attached Thumbnails
My Tata Safari Storme Varicor : 400 Nm & 4x4-img_20161002_114542.jpg  

Last edited by sourabhzen : 23rd December 2016 at 16:16.
sourabhzen is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ownership experience

Before Storme, I have owned 4 cars – all Marutis, all hatchbacks and all petrol. This is my first non Maruti, first diesel, first SUV and first 4WD. I have driven diesel cars and non hatchbacks in past but I had no experience whatsoever of driving any 4WD vehicle.

This is 2.2L 16 Valve DOHC VTT VARICOR engine tuned to give 156 PS of power and 400NM of torque. Now, that is quite a jump from my 1.3L, 87 BHP and 113NM torque Swift petrol.

I have completed 4000 odd kms till date out of which only 150kms were on highway. So all my observations are based this limited running only. I would describe my driving experience with respect to my 8years and 120k experience with my Swift. Therefore the same might not hold true for others.

Driving Experience

Positives
  • The driving is more stress free now; it is peaceful as compared to my earlier daily commute in Swift. Harman music system adds to the experience. Steering mounted controls are easy to use.
  • It glides on whatever is thrown on its way. Roads, bad roads and no roads, are all handled like a dream. I still can not believe how good a ride this is.
  • The drive to Tijara (sole highway drive) was super smooth. By the end of the journey my wife said that it felt like a short drive to neighboring mall in Gurgaon. There was absolutely no tiredness at the end of the day.
  • Cabin is silent, diesel clatter is audible at higher RPMs though.
  • Tyre noise is non-existent. (in comparison to my Swift which wears new Michelin XM2)
  • It is like a cocoon when all windows are rolled up – outside noise is very well insulated.
  • Driving position is awesome – I can see almost everything I need to see while on road.
  • Seats are very comfortable. The lumber support works well enough for me to shun my old back support. I spent a few seconds with the height adjustment and steering tilt to find the best position for myself. It will remain like that for most of its lifespan as nobody else will use them. Arm rest is very comfortable and feels very durable.
  • Navpreet318 mentioned that torque is addictive and could not agree more. It pulls at any gear and at any speed.
  • Cruising at 100kmph is possible at little less than 2000 RPM and 6th gear. 80 is done at 1750 RPM.
  • Body panels and footboard are solid and looks like they will last long. Though, I have read some body rusting issues online but none in TBHP as yet. I got anti-rust coating during first scheduled service visit, just to be on a safer side.
  • Low beam spread is excellent and illumination is satisfactory in city driving conditions. I could never get such illumination with Nightbreakers in my Swift even with the fog lamps on. However, use of only low beam projectors are dangerous on highways. High beams are excellent to use on highways. I do not see any need to add any auxiliary lamps as of now.
  • Clutch is light to use.
  • White LED cabin lights looks good and give sufficient illumination. Puddle lamps are good to have and serve the purpose well.
  • Rear seats are very comfortable, even better than Honda City. (These are vies of my family members as I have not used them). The roof mounted AC cools the space very quickly.
  • Rear view mirrors provide excellent rearward visibility. Reversing the beast is very easy with these mirrors. Parking sensors just add a bit to the ease of parking. Parking camera would have been a good to have feature though.
  • It gets a lot of respect. Almost everyone gives way to a Storme.
Neutrals
  • The interior plastics are dark brown and not black or dark grey.
  • Fabric seats – leather would have been nice.
  • No Auto head lights or rain sensing vipers
Negatives
  • No AT tyres even on 4X4, why? This is a serious omission by TATA and it should be rectified at once. The advantage of 4WD is reduced substantially by H/T tyres. I committed a blunder by not exchanging them initially, now I am not getting fair price for them.
  • Omission of Analogue clock from the dashboard- What do they gain from removing it from the list. I am trying to find ways to get it installed but till now it seems to be difficult, if not impossible, task.
  • No cooled glove box. It is so much required on long trips.
  • No Navigation and no MID- Navigation is not a big deal as I use Google maps but MID should have been there on a 17Lacs + vehicle.
  • Insufficient internal storage space – Cooled glove box, sun glass holder etc should have been provided. I could hide my laptop bag in Swift’s boot on a short detour but now I have to carry it along.
  • Gear box is notchy, especially for 5th gear. I have got used to it now and experience fewer misses now. However, positioning of installed gear lock interfere with reverse gear. It is more of dealer fault than Tata’s.
  • Harman Kardon is not mentioned anywhere, not even in the service book.
  • Horn Pad requires bit more efforts than my Swift. Good thing is I need it a lot less than I used them on Swift.
  • Remote control provided with the music system also requires more effort in pressing the buttons (as per my wife who uses it when she is with me)
  • Position of fuel tank flap opening switch – I have pressed it by mistake a couple of times initially but now I am fine with it.
  • Door ajar light on console does not show which door is open.
  • No leather wrapped steering wheel – I still have to find aftermarket solution to this issue. The horn pad also has some rough edge if accessed from side, which I do inevitably. I also mentioned in the same in official review but Tanveer did not agree. 
  • Echo in low RPMs – the echo in low RPMs is bit too much. I think I will get used to it too.
  • No Grab handle on A pillar for support to climb up. I think TATA Ace has it.
Niggles till now
  • Seat belt warning sound comes up on its own and does not go at all. It vanishes on its own too. Concorde picked up the car, rectified it and dropped the car back.
  • AC temperature control does not work as it should. It is either too cold, bit warm or hot. Temperature does not change when knob is rotated at desired position. This is faced by others in the forum too. 'It is the issue with all Stormes' was the response when I mentioned this to SA during the first service. He told me that the control is working 'just fine' when I went to workshop to pick up the vehicle. Surprisingly it is working just fine since then. God knows how they rectified it.
  • Steering Wheel vibrates slightly at 100kmph and beyond. It got corrected to some extent in first service but I can still feel it. Need expert's advise on the issue.
  • Rear door started squeaking after 2nd OTR but got rectified in first service.
I am prepared for more as it is not a Maruti. Even my K10 had some serious issues when I took its delivery and not all could be rectified by MASS during its lifetime. All I hope is that there are no serious flaws and I do not end up spending more time in the workshop. I would have been more confident if BD sir was still there.

Exterior styling and design
Overall body shape remains the same as the classic Safari. The major changes in Storme over Dicor are Spare wheel placement (moved from rear door to below the body) and front face having different grill and new projector headlamp cluster. I personally liked the looks of Dicor more than Storme.

Build Quality and Fit & finish
Storme is solid in build quality and many in the forum will vouch for this statement. I have used it in mild off roading and it feels that the beast can take almost any kind of abuse. However, time will tell how long it will last. The off road videos posted in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post4064291 (Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets) will clearer picture of what all it can take.

Safety & related equipment
Storme VX comes with ventilated disc brakes on all four wheels. Though it sounds good and does it job satisfactorily, it still is not up to the mark. I think the brakes need more bite to stop the beast comfortably. My City and Swift feels more confidence inspiring while braking.
Other features include ABS, EBD, Dual airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners and rear & front fog lamps. I do not intend to use any feature other than fog lamps but having them provide great sense of safety.

Wheels & tyres
The beast came with 16" alloys with 235/70 R 16 Bridgestone Dueller H/T tyres. The alloy design is old and boring. I got them painted black from the dealership. The paint job came is decent and came with 1 year warranty. Tyres are very comfortable on for daily drive and I am told that they will easily last for 60K kms. However, I fail to understand logic behind providing H/T tyres on a 4X4 vehicle. I will replace them with A/T tyres whenever I have enough money to do so. Currently it seems to be a distant possibility due to EMIs and other fixed expenses.

Interiors
Design - Interiors are bland but functional. TATA should at least have spruced up the interiors in the refreshed model if they failed to do so in Storme. Having said that, ergonomics works just fine with me.
Quality is acceptable but not great. Though I found the plastics better than Scorpio it still leaves a lot to desire for. For example, I really miss leather wrapped steering wheel and lined glove box.
Upholstery is very durable and very easy to clean. In one of the OTR the cabin was filled with layers and layers of dust. It was cleaned ny the cleaning guy in 15 minutes max with no traces of dust and spots on the seats.
Space and comfort - Fabulous! I can not think of any other vehicle of this class and price bracket that can give better space or is more comfortable than a Storme.
Driving position, ergonomics, control and MID - Driving position is awesome. It provides superb commanding position and visibility from the driving seat. That makes maneuvering the beast a breeze. In fact I am more relaxed and less tired after 2 hours of drive back home every evening than I was in my Swift. Controls are easy to use and at manageable reach. However, MID is the most useless and rudimentary in nature. Smaller cars from TATA have far far better MID as standard. No information is available on fuel consumption and distance to empty. It is a pity that such expensive vehicle does not come with navigation system and rear view camera.

Engine
Refreshed Storme comes with a 2.2L varicor 400 Engine churning out power output of 156 PS & 400 Nm torque. This makes it very easy to drive in city as well as highways. Never ever I am left wanting of power. The enormous torque allows it to be used in one gear for longer duration in traffic situations. The light clutch makes it even more comfortable in the city. The long clutch throw is a bit of downer. Turbo lag is felt at around 1700 RPM but it is not disturbing at all. The power delivery is very linear and flooring accelerator pedal does not give a jerk.

Points I did not know before ownership of Storme:
  • Press clutch to start. I thought that this is applicable to push button start only
  • Wipers come again after a few seconds of using wash-wipe function - nice.
  • Push indicator stalk slightly and indicators blink thrice - I did not know that it is present in Storme
  • Resistance to Stalling is commendable
  • Speed dependent volume control is good to have function. However it increases in stages and not continually.
  • Headlights switch off if ignition is turned off, only parking lights remain on.
  • Single horn sound and indicators blink once if any door is not shut properly while locking.
  • Volume of music system is reduced when reverse is engaged.
Fuel economy

The Storme has its tank filled thrice since it hit the road. First, right after it came out of showroom and twice till now. The fuel economy after first tank full was about 13 kmpl and it came down to 10kmpl in next fill. The low economy figures might be due to mild off road stint I had. Overall I am getting an average of approximately 12 kmpl.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 23rd December 2016 at 18:04.
sourabhzen is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Offroad Performance

I am new to SUV and never drove a 4WD vehicle before my Storme. The major reason to spend 17.5 lacs for just 10 years (quite illogical financial decision, I must say) were:
  • I love Safari
  • I needed to get one vehicle which is my daily commute plus fulfilled my desire to have some fun with ‘S’ of SUV.
Anshuman Bishnoi (.anshuman) and Rohit (Ace F355) started NCR offroad thread in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post4064291 (Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets) and I was more than happy to join them. I had an opportunity to test myself and the Storme in one of the outings. No matter how much I read about 4WD in this forum, it was Rohit’s and Anshuman’s guidance that helped me to do a couple of obstacles. The Storme performed satisfactorily considering the fact that I am a novice in this department and Storme had only 682 kms on odo. The videos are posted on Anshuman’s YouTube page and the links to them is below (Videos contain other vehicles too, the Storme is mine):

Epilogue
Overall, I am extremely happy that my better half helped me to realize my dream of owning a Storme and I am loving it every second.
I must thank late BD sir and Navpreet for encouraging me to go for Storme among other BHPians. I hope I will keep updating this thread during my ownership.

Parting shot, to great Behram Dabhar:
Attached Images

Last edited by sourabhzen : 23rd December 2016 at 17:06.
sourabhzen is offline   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 11:22   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: My Tata Safari Storme Varicor : 400 Nm & 4x4

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 14:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Crisp review, Sourabh. Liked the clarity of your decision making process and reminds me of the time in 2008 when I went ahead and purchased the first batch of MJD Palios. Much water has flowed beneath the bridge since but I haven't really regretted that decision. I really like the Storme.

P.S. Had seen the video on your facebook page but was fun to watch again. With .anshuman you were definitely in good hands!
architect is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2017, 20:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on the 400 Nm Storme, great choice. I 've seen your posts in various relevant forums regarding the dilemma on owning a new SUV due to the 2000 cc+ ban! I myself am on a kind of similar situation for past one year and still not been able to decide whether to go ahead with a heavy investment if indeed the 10 year rule continues for diesel vehicles in NCR. I had multiple test drives of the earlier storme 4wd and the ride quality is indeed the best in class. Wishing many more safe miles ahead.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:13   #8
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations Sourabh. You must have great patience to go through all those confusing situations and yet stick to your original decision. I hope your Storme amply rewards you with many smiles on the road and off the road as well.
Enobarbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Crisp review, Sourabh. Liked the clarity of your decision making process and reminds me of the time in 2008 when I went ahead and purchased the first batch of MJD Palios. Much water has flowed beneath the bridge since but I haven't really regretted that decision.
Thanks Siddhartha. I also shortlisted Palio in 2008 but did not have guts to go for it. I got Swift instead. Now I could not go for an alternative as I am 40 now and needed to do something before I am too old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
I myself am on a kind of similar situation for past one year and still not been able to decide whether to go ahead with a heavy investment if indeed the 10 year rule continues for diesel vehicles in NCR.
Thank you for your wishes Kandisa. Putting down Rs. 17+ Lac for 10 years does not make any sense at all. I went ahead after knowing this fact without any convincing reasoning. However I am currently very happy with my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Hearty Congratulations Sourabh. You must have great patience to go through all those confusing situations and yet stick to your original decision. I hope your Storme amply rewards you with many smiles on the road and off the road as well.
Thank you Enobarbus for your wishes. It is a 'paisa wasool' situation for me every time I am on the wheel. I have to find a way to hide the stupid grin on my face while I am on the driving seat.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the acquisition Sourabh! Looks great with the slight changes that you have done.
And welcome to niggles. They will always be there and when you feel that they're no more means your brain has re-adjusted itself to the car. Haha.

Its a great vehicle to drive day in and day out. Keep the customer care manager at your dealership in loop for any issues and they will sort out almost all of them.
I hope you have the Gold AMC. Keep the oil change interval to 10k kms as mentioned in the special usage section in the manual. In city traffic usage it warrants 10k kms oil change.
Moreover I personally feel that 15K kms is too long a time for the oil change.

Happy motoring!!

PS: do try the crawl in 1st and 2nd gears in 4L when you're with the family up a steep but safe climb. Its a wonderful trick!

Last edited by navpreet318 : 3rd January 2017 at 19:14.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:26   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Sourabh!

Have been watching the videos and its nice to see the 400NM mixing up with big boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
PS: do try the crawl in 1st and 2nd gears in 4L when you're with the family up a steep but safe climb. Its a wonderful trick!
If any taxi guys from hills sees this, next time around, they will ban 4WD with low ratio They make all momentum & everything and we do this so ridiculously easy in 4L.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:52   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Sourabh ! Wishing you lots of happy miles and lot of happy driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
  • AC temperature control does not work as it should. It is either too cold, bit warm or hot.
  • One possible action - They may have topped up the a/c gas. I too had the problem earlier, but is much better after that.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 23:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition Sourabh! Looks great with the slight changes that you have done.
And welcome to niggles. They will always be there and when you feel that they're no more means your brain has re-adjusted itself to the car. Haha.

Its a great vehicle to drive day in and day out. Keep the customer care manager at your dealership in loop for any issues and they will sort out almost all of them.
I hope you have the Gold AMC. Keep the oil change interval to 10k kms as mentioned in the special usage section in the manual. In city traffic usage it warrants 10k kms oil change.
Moreover I personally feel that 15K kms is too long a time for the oil change.

Happy motoring!!

Thank you Navpreet! You know it very well that its is you and DB sir who actually gave me confidence to go for Storme and I can not thank you much for your support. Your decision to go for Storme after considering all options made my work easier.

It is indeed a great vehicle for everyday use and I find it very difficult and scary to take out my Swift now. I already banged my Swift when I took it out after one month of Storme use. All the issues are of trivial nature and they do not bother me much.

Yes, I got the Gold AMC and will stick to 10000 Km cycle for oil change.

I will keep your advise in mind while on steep climb. My first outstation trip is planned to Manali from 5th of this month. Will post my experience post trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations Sourabh!

Have been watching the videos and its nice to see the 400NM mixing up with big boys.
Thank you Sheel! I still need to build up confidence in my off-road driving. I guess I will be able to use Storme's full potential with Anshuman's and Rohit's (ACE F355) tips. In any case My Storme can be with me for only 10 years after NGT's ruling on diesel vehicles in NCR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Congrats, Sourabh ! Wishing you lots of happy miles and lot of happy driving One possible action - They may have topped up the a/c gas. I too had the problem earlier, but is much better after that.[/list]
It is good to hear from you Condor. Thank you for your wishes.

The AC is like that from day 1. It is slightly better when ECON mode is not in use but still it is far from perfect. I am getting used to using controls every now and then and I hope it will get better with time or TATA finds a way to rectify the issue.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 23:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Just in case I did not put it across clearly - I too have felt that cooling is not linear, as it should be when we move the dial. Get the T.A.S.S to top-up a/c refrigerant gas. This May help you.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 10:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just in case I did not put it across clearly - I too have felt that cooling is not linear, as it should be when we move the dial. Get the T.A.S.S to top-up a/c refrigerant gas. This May help you.
It was perfectly clear. I will definitely take it to TASS next week and get it checked.

There is one more issue and it is not a consistent problem. The Steering wheel vibrates slightly once I reach 100 kmph. It invariably happens 2 out of 3 times. TASS says it is normal for all Stormes which is highly doubtful. What is the possible solution?
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote