Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2017, 21:07   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 28
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Hey Bhuvan,

Congrats on the hottest hatch <10L!!

Moreover you are on your way to make it even hotter.

Please do update the thread on the remapping updates!
Gran_Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 11:47   #47
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Tourer View Post
Hey Bhuvan,

Congrats on the hottest hatch <10L!!

Moreover you are on your way to make it even hotter.

Please do update the thread on the remapping updates!

Thank you!

The trip to Jaipur went without any issue. There was a lot of traffic while going, and hence couldn't test the remap properly, but on the way back traffic was lesser, and we reached home, Gurgaon in 3.5 hours flat.

Got an average fuel efficiency of around 20Km/L on the trip. The in-gear acceleration has improved quite a bit, pulling away from fortuners and the likes was so effortless. I had one black fortuner on my tail being driven very aggressively(guy flashing, honking when I'm waiting for one truck to overtake the other truck), and when a gap opened up, I'd accelerate and open up a huge gap with him, before he'd catch up at the next bottleneck.

Car feels very sprightly even with a full load of passengers, and in the city, due to its small size and tractable power, it is definitely the fastest way to get from point A to B. The brakes with my upgraded tyres/alloys are more than sufficient for the additional power of the remap. I always engine brake when slowing down from high speeds to reduce the strain on the braking system.

All in all, I am really happy with this remap. Will report shortly on the city fuel efficiency.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 07:44   #48
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,890
Thanked: 6,654 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Hello bhuvan!

Glad to note that the remap is working well and you are enjoying the Figo.

Please help me with the following questions:

1) Post remap, how is the drivability in second gear after coming to crawling speeds?
2) The TDCi emits a weird knocking sound for a small duration when you switch the AC on after a cold start and get the car moving. I was told this is because the engine is tuned for efficiency and its the injectors protesting. Is there a change post remap if you have noticed this before?
3) How is the smoke from exhaust when you give it the beans compared to stock?

Last edited by deetjohn : 8th June 2017 at 07:46. Reason: adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 09:43   #49
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Hey John,

Please find below a point-wise reply to your queries.

1.) The remap as per what Akshay told me, does not alter any values sub 1600 RPM. Hence the behavior at crawling speeds in 2nd I doubt will be any different than stock. I always prefer shifting to 1st once the speeds go below 15-20Km/h, as slipping the clutch in a diesel and lugging the engine just doesn't feel right, when compared to say an NA petrol on which I may still continue in 2nd at low speeds.

2.) The only clink noise I hear on turning the AC on, is the compressor kicking in. I never turn on the AC when the engine is cold, wait for 2-5 minutes at the very minimum. And again, if no values in the maps were altered sub 1600 RPM, I doubt this behavior, if existent, will change. I never noticed this knocking to be frank.

3.) There is ZERO black smoke at all RPM's on flooring it, something I am really happy about. I don't floor it at low RPM's like say sub 1800 RPM.



Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Hello bhuvan!

Glad to note that the remap is working well and you are enjoying the Figo.

Please help me with the following questions:

1) Post remap, how is the drivability in second gear after coming to crawling speeds?
2) The TDCi emits a weird knocking sound for a small duration when you switch the AC on after a cold start and get the car moving. I was told this is because the engine is tuned for efficiency and its the injectors protesting. Is there a change post remap if you have noticed this before?
3) How is the smoke from exhaust when you give it the beans compared to stock?
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 10:07   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,567
Thanked: 4,439 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

I would like to ask few questions

1. Did you get the EGR soft delete done?

2. You have mentioned that the peak boost value is same as stock, what about fuel rail pressure?

3. When are you getting the next update? Any updates from CMD / Quantum UK?
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 07:01   #51
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,890
Thanked: 6,654 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
1.) The remap as per what Akshay told me, does not alter any values sub 1600 RPM. Hence the behavior at crawling speeds in 2nd I doubt will be any different than stock. I always prefer shifting to 1st once the speeds go below 15-20Km/h, as slipping the clutch in a diesel and lugging the engine just doesn't feel right, when compared to say an NA petrol on which I may still continue in 2nd at low speeds.
I was wondering about those 50/50 situations where one will have to slow the car down further to engage 1st gear OR be very gentle on the A pedal in 2nd gear to move ahead.

If one is ready to compromise a bit on the higher rpms, the tuner can change the parameters below 1600 right? If I am going for a remap, I am not looking at increasing performance. But a holistic improvement to take care of the restrictions put in by Ford to increase FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
2.) I never turn on the AC when the engine is cold, wait for 2-5 minutes at the very minimum.
That's definitely something I can learn from you. While I don't turn on the AC straightaway and give the engine a bit of time to settle, it looks like I should wait a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
3.) There is ZERO black smoke at all RPM's on flooring it, something I am really happy about. I don't floor it at low RPM's like say sub 1800 RPM.
This is great news. I will be keeping a keen eye on your thread from now on. The TDCi on the Fiesta smokes above 2000 rpm even if you are in the right gear.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 11:44   #52
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I would like to ask few questions

1. Did you get the EGR soft delete done?

2. You have mentioned that the peak boost value is same as stock, what about fuel rail pressure?

3. When are you getting the next update? Any updates from CMD / Quantum UK?
Have asked quantum about the EGR soft delete bit, they will get back to my by tomorrow. Fuel rail pressure has been increased as per what I understand.

CMD released the protocol day-before, and already a few other tuning houses in India have started remapping this Figo.

I currently have another modded car of mine joining my garage, so mods on the figo will take a backseat for a while.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I was wondering about those 50/50 situations where one will have to slow the car down further to engage 1st gear OR be very gentle on the A pedal in 2nd gear to move ahead.

If one is ready to compromise a bit on the higher rpms, the tuner can change the parameters below 1600 right? If I am going for a remap, I am not looking at increasing performance. But a holistic improvement to take care of the restrictions put in by Ford to increase FE.



That's definitely something I can learn from you. While I don't turn on the AC straightaway and give the engine a bit of time to settle, it looks like I should wait a bit more.



This is great news. I will be keeping a keen eye on your thread from now on. The TDCi on the Fiesta smokes above 2000 rpm even if you are in the right gear.
Absolutely, the tuner can sit in the car with you and try and customise the map as per your needs. The fundamental character of an engine won't change, but can be more drive-able.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 11:53   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,567
Thanked: 4,439 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
CMD released the protocol day-before, and already a few other tuning houses in India have started remapping this Figo.
Yes, I saw that on social media. Again, full credits to you for sending the ECU to Switzerland

Quote:
I currently have another modded car of mine joining my garage, so mods on the figo will take a backseat for a while.
Great!! Should be at least 3 times more powerful than your tuned Figo .
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 17:59   #54
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I would like to ask few questions

1. Did you get the EGR soft delete done?

2. You have mentioned that the peak boost value is same as stock, what about fuel rail pressure?

3. When are you getting the next update? Any updates from CMD / Quantum UK?
Quantum got back with the required info.

1.) EGR soft delete is done
2.) Rail pressure increased from 16 mega pascal to 16.5 mega pascal
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 18:21   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,567
Thanked: 4,439 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Quantum got back with the required info.
Rail pressure increased from 16 mega pascal to 16.5 mega pascal
I believe it's 160 to 165 mega pascal / 1600 to 1650 bars
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 00:48   #56
BHPian
 
BB311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 125
Thanked: 134 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

I am looking forward to remap my Ecosport 90 bhp in delhi. How reliable is this gt tunerz, couldn't find enough reviews. Also, what was the cost (you can PM if you dont want to go public on it)

Thanks in Advance.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:37   #57
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I am looking forward to remap my Ecosport 90 bhp in delhi. How reliable is this gt tunerz, couldn't find enough reviews. Also, what was the cost (you can PM if you dont want to go public on it)

Thanks in Advance.
They are very reliable in my opinion, and I have dealt with my fair share of tuners. Will be a nice upgrade for your ecosport. Hope you go ahead with the remap and enjoy your car even more.

I have sent the cost to you via a PM.

Last edited by bhuvan_prasad : 22nd June 2017 at 17:49.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 16:57   #58
BHPian
 
CrazyToDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pune / Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 241 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
I got 55$ MIC Tuning 6000K H4 headlamp LED lights from the US,
Hi bhuvan_prasad,
How are the LED lights doing? I am planning to upgrade to LED's for my Aspire.
I have a daily night driving of 1 hour and wanted to know are there any issues with heating or with the fan not working.
I have seen some H4 LED's on Aliexpress from Oslamp which looks good.
CrazyToDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 17:40   #59
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: My 2016 Ford Figo Titanium Plus 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Hi bhuvan_prasad,
How are the LED lights doing? I am planning to upgrade to LED's for my Aspire.
I have a daily night driving of 1 hour and wanted to know are there any issues with heating or with the fan not working.
I have seen some H4 LED's on Aliexpress from Oslamp which looks good.

The LED bulbs are working flawlessly. That being said, I don't do any night highway driving, so cannot comment on whether it will be as good as say osram nightbreakers or high wattage bulbs. There is a little scattering as you can see from the pics I had posted. In terms of reliability they will not let you down.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report joethomasv Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 481 17th May 2012 20:40
Vista Aura Plus quadrajet or Figo TDCi titanium or Micra XV Premium Diesel?? HELP riziali Hatchbacks 31 4th May 2011 17:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks