Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th December 2017, 20:48   #76
BHPian

Nice write up. Get yourself the TPH cover. Really worth it. I can negotiate a better deal for you as I have bought their covers from the factory directly.

My brother recently was at Rivertern Jungle lodges,near Chickmanglur. He dusted his black Elantra and used the TPH and went out on the safari.
By the time he returned, most of the cars in the parking were scratched by monkeys.

Just gives you the convenience of parking anywhere.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2017, 23:48   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar

You know what, I'm glad you posted this. Because it made me revisit their website to see which one I'd want, and what do I see there? They're having their 25th anniversary sale, with approx. 50% discounts! Hot damn. Needless to say, I have my order placed. Cheers Arjun.
PS: I called them up to get clarity on the cover that is available for sale, and if it is inferior to the ones not on discount. He told me about this new cover the've come up with, the Aquatec, and that that would be more suitable for my kind of usage. It's less that 7K after discount. Boom! Order placed, and I'm happy.
Anyone else who's been waiting on TPH covers because of the high price, as Sachin used to say, "Go get it".
ach1lles is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 15:06   #78
BHPian

Default Cold Start

Aaaand look at what just showed up

Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar-img_5040.jpg

Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar-img_5041.jpg

Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar-img_5048.jpg

Watch for magic
ach1lles is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:06   #79

Default Re: 1

Happy birthday to Thunder Black Boom Shankar!

Also thanks for the write-up! First, let me confess, it is your ownership review first and then the official team-bhp review that drove me towards buying the Tucson. And I was absolutely sold after the first test-drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Auto Hold: Sometimes, the software misses or is late in implementing the hold. Here's what happens: When you lift your foot off the brake, the car *just* starts to move when the auto hold is implemented, and there's a noticeable jerk, and it feels like someone has rear ended you. It used to be quite disconcerting in heavy traffic.
I did notice auto hold becomes active only on a slightly hard press on the brake, like when you brake with an intent to stop. Slight presses on the brake to slow down the vehicle don't cause auto hold to activate, which is how I would have wanted it to be.

Also the test drive vehicle did have a noticeable jerk when the car resumes moving after auto hold is activated. In my car, the AWD version, I have not seen any jerk so far. Resuming movement from auto hold is smooth as butter.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar-img_3172.jpg  

sandeep.k is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 13:05   #80
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CRDi GLS - Thunder Black Boom Shankar

Hi All,
I was just wondering if we can change the Thread name to "HyundaiTucson Problems and Solutions" . I do know that Skoda drivers have this and it helps when all issues are reported in the same thread title.
Seacat is offline   Reply With Quote