Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th February 2017, 22:02   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Ownership Review: Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Really true. I wanted to take the plunge this time; to try out a new manufacturer, of course if I like the product. The other pending will be a Honda now, Toyota is guaranteed to be no frills.

This is also true, you don't get the same characteristic of the old Figo for which people love it. But a diesel would be a different ball game.

Top most is the brake lights. Left is indicator, right is reverse lamps. The bottom most is night lamps + rear fog.

Nowhere near your hit movie on the Figo I have drawn a lot of inspiration to buy the Figo from your review, so thanks to you

Congrats Thoma!!

A passionately written review indeed!!

And the snaps are just delicious and a treat for the eyes!!

Very true on Karan's video which was just brilliant to watch. The drag race with the Polo GT Tdi was enthralling.

Between I too purchased the same spec Figo on 31.01.2017. Now, have to start the ownership thread !
Gran_Tourer is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 10:09   #32
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Ownership Review: Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi Titanium

Great thread thoma! Congratulations on your new ride.
I am also a fellow figo owner
Regarding the clutch, i personally have not felt the hardness to be an issue. I thought it was more or less similar or may be lighter than my friend's 65k run Dzire.
However, one dislike i have is about the rear parcel tray holders. Why did Ford cheap out on this one!! The old figo had much better arrangement. My kid's pram is a sort of tight fit and always hits the parcel tray which would come undone all the time while taking the pram out.
Had recently done a Goa trip from Pune and loved the ride all along. Effortless cruising at three digit speeds. Managed a 20+kmpl only. But i think it was mainly due to spirited driving, evening traffic on the way back to pune and single lane roads for around 200+kms midway. But neverthless i find 20+ to be reasonable.
I also find the music system sound quality to be amazing. Especially compared to the ones in Dzire, Honda Jazz, Hyundais. Tatas definitely have the best in class sound system. And i have not used the usb for playing music, guess it leaves a lot to be desired with the navigation etc.

Last edited by jayakumarkp : 16th February 2017 at 10:12. Reason: Updated
jayakumarkp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 11:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

So many All New Figo owners on the forum, but little reviews. Great, but come on guys, do put up at least a bare minimum review and some snaps too. Not that you can't hijack my thread, I have no issues; but you can make your thread as a log of your experiences with the car further on.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 12:37   #34
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2017 at 09:53.
vankito is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 10th April 2017, 21:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

@ vankito:

My earlier car was a Fiesta Classic 1.6 Petrol. Compared to that, in the TDCi, the difference to me is negligible with the AC on. In the city drives, there is absolutely no difference to the acceleration that I can make out. On the highways, i have not taken the car till 120 yet as I had only done 350kms when I took it out on the first high way drive last weekend. But at 90-100kmph, with the AC on, it was a very smooth and seamless drive without any impact to overtakes or cruising ability.

City drives ideally you cannot make out the difference between Polo & Figo much as you hardly get to go past gears 3 or 4. But the lesser turbo lag compared to Polo makes it easier to take off after a speed breaker or at traffic lights.

Test drive both the cars and also take them for slightly longer drives on empty roads to gauge the performance with the AC on long hauls. Take a call based on which you feel is the better car to drive. Polo while very premium both inside and out, has a bad reputation for Service and Spares at least here in Bangalore. So much so that there are many a bhpians traveling to Mysore from Bangalore to get the services done. With the Ford brand campaign and reduction in maintenance cost of even the diesel Fords, it is a good bet.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2017 at 09:53. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
abhinav.s is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote