Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2017, 11:04   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,573
Thanked: 902 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Congrats on the car Tanveer she is a beauty. She looks brand new and not pre-worshipped.I hope you are making arrangements to protect it from the rodents.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 11:55   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,503
Thanked: 80,117 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Even given your itch to modify cars, this baby has come so loaded that you don't need to modify it. But I know you will. Because you're the modder it deserves, but not the modder it needs.
Good for me . Tanveer can try all the mods and then tell me which to go for. I got no plans to mod my car for a while because:

1. It's already too quick for India.

2. Extended warranty of 6 years which I greatly value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigH View Post
If you don't mind, would you care to indicate the name of the dealership which you brought your baby from
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR123 View Post
If its okay, could you please let us know the dealer?
Same guy who I bought my car from - Amit, Quick Cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I hope you are making arrangements to protect it from the rodents.
Excellent point. Rats can create havoc in cars as complex. @ Tanveer - check this post.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 12:08   #33
BHPian
 
Mission_PGPX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 177
Thanked: 232 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Life is too short to think about Reliability, Warranty, Repairs, Service cost, Fuel Economy & Insurance costs! If your right foot makes you grin like a maniac, You are living your life like you should.
A big congratulations to you buddy. I can understand the damn good (crazy) phase of life you are going through these days. Cherish every moment with the beast. A lovely thread to read a learn about the smallest detail about the car, worth the wait.

I will be following this and GTO's thread really closely before i take the decision to swap my jetta. At the moment extremely happy and satisfied driving remapped jetta. Touchwood. Going for the first service after remap and i am already having goose-bumps about service center guys.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 21:12   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,851 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Excellent and detailed review of a Brilliant machine!!
Thanks man!

Quote:
You know what - Your XUV ownership thread and our discussion on buying decisions based on price brackets (Remember? I was in a dilemma between Jetta and XUV) has a major role in my buying decision of XUV. I got a W6 AT 4 months ago and I'm very happy with my decision (probably because I was already prepared for rattles and niggles). LOL.
And now this!! I sincerely hope the history repeats again
Haha yeah man i remember, Congrats on the XUV, Its a super all rounder! I hope so too that history repeats itself haha!

Quote:
What a statement man!!! Struck deep into my heart. Honestly, this line is gonna influence my next purchase very badly.
This actually came out directly from my heart, Off course such a thing won't come out while thinking from the head

Quote:
I was literally drooling all over the place especially while reading these lines. Can't wait to have my hands on this beast at least once.
haha, Indeed she is a dream to drive!

Quote:
You surely have got every enthusiast's dream machine. Hearty congratulations once again, and wishing you lots of happy miles with that beast man. Cheers!!
Thanks again mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Yup, true but I took it only once and oh boy, You stop caring about setting a lap time and go sideways in every corner.
I am planning to drive to delhi soon, Maybe around the period when they have the BIC open to All Car's, I am very very tempted to take her on the track! Can totally get what your trying to say man.

Quote:
Is that the CF front lip from BMW for 68K ?
Indeed this is what was told to me.

Quote:
Go for the Vorsteiner Diffuser, you can never go wrong with them but maintaining is a pain.
I know man, Looks sick! But lets see, One thing at a time but after loads of research!

Quote:
I've listened to Supersprint as well as Hamann they are just not worth the money for the sound they make.
Honestly, I don't expect it to sound great, Have seen a couple of videos online, They sound good but surely not the amount we here in India would have to spend, Here in mumbai we have good chaps who do custom exhaust work, Ill hit them up soon.

Quote:
Get it coded, you'll find some cool features
Yeah, Will be doing it as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Congratulations! The 530d is truly a beast. Enjoy the miles.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Brilliant review Tanveer! Loved every bit of it. Indeed a great choice. I understand how difficult it would have been for you to part ways with your beloved Jetta. Nevertheless, you will get to see her often and with this monster you cannot ask for more! A driver's delight. Congrats once again. Happy mile-munching and drive safe
Thanks brother, Glad you liked the review! Indeed it was difficult but guess what? I already met the jetta twice in one week! & she was in absolutely mint condition, Was very happy to see her in that state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR123 View Post
Congratulations! Wish you many happy highway runs!
Thanks mate!

Quote:
If its okay, could you please let us know the dealer?
Quick Car world - Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Congrats on the car Tanveer she is a beauty. She looks brand new and not pre-worshipped.I hope you are making arrangements to protect it from the rodents.
Thanks man, Yes indeed she looks brand new, Many people were not ready to accept that this is a pre worshipped car, Car's in such conditions are tough to come by & yes arrangements is already done with the surroundings & also my Tar brush idea would be applied on her soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Good for me . Tanveer can try all the mods and then tell me which to go for.
Yes surely, My research for upgrades both cosmetic & performance has already started!

Quote:
1. It's already too quick for India.
Seriously, I just cannot even guess how would she feel after the remap, 300 + BHP and 650 Torque!

Quote:
2. Extended warranty of 6 years which I greatly value.
Definitely man, No mod's would be worth the risk of voiding the warranty, Specially for you when you plan to keep it for long term.

Quote:
Excellent point. Rats can create havoc in cars as complex. @ Tanveer - check this post.
Ill be using my own Tar brush idea, But near the engine bay for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
A big congratulations to you buddy. I can understand the damn good (crazy) phase of life you are going through these days. Cherish every moment with the beast. A lovely thread to read a learn about the smallest detail about the car, worth the wait.
Thanks man! Indeed i am going through a crazy phase of my life, Every morning i getup & find reasons to take her out, Regardless of how busy i was, I always used to find some time for gaming! Even the gaming time is now spent in the car, She is that good! Glad you enjoyed man! Ping me next time your coming down to Mumbai, I might come to Ahmedabad in a couple of weeks though.

Quote:
I will be following this and GTO's thread really closely before i take the decision to swap my jetta. At the moment extremely happy and satisfied driving remapped jetta. Touchwood. Going for the first service after remap and i am already having goose-bumps about service center guys.
Do so, I am telling you this is the car you would want to drive after a remapped jetta, All the best for the servicing!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 19:59   #35
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 193
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Congratulations for the new drive. Your ownership report was excellent.

I got a small question the top speed mentioned in your Jetta is 280 whereas in BMW it is 260 even though the Jetta has a smaller engine. I am pretty sure that in 0-100 BMW will leave Jetta far behind but what about the top speed. Can Jetta stretch out more than BMW on race tracks, I am sure I am wrong.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 20:16   #36
BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 298
Thanked: 671 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Congratulations for the new drive. Your ownership report was excellent.

I got a small question the top speed mentioned in your Jetta is 280 whereas in BMW it is 260 even though the Jetta has a smaller engine. I am pretty sure that in 0-100 BMW will leave Jetta far behind but what about the top speed. Can Jetta stretch out more than BMW on race tracks, I am sure I am wrong.
That's because the Jetta's speedo is borrowed from the golf gti which can do 240+ easily. Don't judge cars by the speedo. Even I used to do that before.

The BMW has it's instrument cluster developed independently for the 5 series and even the 7 series if I am not wrong. Both cannot go more than 150 miles per hour. (Electronically limited)

Last edited by vishy76 : 10th May 2017 at 20:17.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 11:37   #37
BHPian
 
Immix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Engine:

The engine doesn't feel like a diesel at all, Not even at higher RPM's, Any Non-car person can easily pass this off as a petrol engine, Its that good!
Congrats buddy. I am probably one of the lucky few who got to see you with the monster in its flesh last month. It didn't sound like a diesel at all, when I pressed that accelerator. Back in US a friend had a high revving BMW M3 (Pre 2007 model) and your monster sounded just like it.
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 01:07   #38
BHPian
 
ashish22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 572
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Heartiest congratulations, Tanveer and welcome to this elite 530d M-Sport Club!

Its fairly easy to say that we are driving a four door sedan which can easily be passed off as a sports car as far as the performance is concerned!

I fully agree and share all of the viewpoints which you have so greatly potrayed in your detailed review.

Here's wishing you miles and miles of happy motoring with this monster. IMHO this is the best looking 5 series BMW has made so far, every angle is perfect to look at. New ones are surely goofy!

Keep us posted and i look forward to many interactions to come.
ashish22 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 22:48   #39
Newbie
 
itsmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Palwal
Posts: 6
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Life is too short to think about Reliability, Warranty, Repairs, Service cost, Fuel Economy & Insurance costs! If your right foot makes you grin like a maniac, You are living your life like you should.
These lines are an inspiration for many including me. First of all heartiest congratulations to you for acquiring the blue monster. Very well written review, you have touched each and every point about the car. While reading it I felt like being in the cockpit myself, really appreciate you efforts.
Wish you Million smiles and Million miles with the beemer.
itsmb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 23:01   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,851 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Congratulations for the new drive. Your ownership report was excellent.
Thanks man!

Quote:
I got a small question the top speed mentioned in your Jetta is 280 whereas in BMW it is 260 even though the Jetta has a smaller engine. I am pretty sure that in 0-100 BMW will leave Jetta far behind but what about the top speed. Can Jetta stretch out more than BMW on race tracks, I am sure I am wrong.
Ahh, Lot of parts sharing in VAG car's, Hence that, Imagine a Polo 1.2 3 Cylinder one had a speedo marking till 240 kph! Max speedometer speed is mostly not the top speed of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
Congrats buddy. I am probably one of the lucky few who got to see you with the monster in its flesh last month. It didn't sound like a diesel at all, when I pressed that accelerator. Back in US a friend had a high revving BMW M3 (Pre 2007 model) and your monster sounded just like it.
Thanks man! Indeed you'll see her in flesh every now & then during meets! Yeah she doesn't at all sound like a diesel, Its really really refined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Heartiest congratulations, Tanveer and welcome to this elite 530d M-Sport Club!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Its fairly easy to say that we are driving a four door sedan which can easily be passed off as a sports car as far as the performance is concerned!
Totally, Sometimes its annoying that people complain about the leg space being crammed but common! You'er getting a 2 door sports car performance in a 4 Door which can least allow 4 adults to sit!

Quote:
I fully agree and share all of the viewpoints which you have so greatly potrayed in your detailed review.
Good to hear that.

Quote:
Keep us posted and i look forward to many interactions to come.
Surely, I plan to keep this thread totally updated.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 20:25   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,851 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb View Post
These lines are an inspiration for many including me. First of all heartiest congratulations to you for acquiring the blue monster. Very well written review, you have touched each and every point about the car. While reading it I felt like being in the cockpit myself, really appreciate you efforts.
Wish you Million smiles and Million miles with the beemer.
Thanks, Man! Those lines were straight out of my heart
Can also see your first Team-BHP Post is in my thread! Welcome to the forums man, I am sure you are going to Enjoy your stay even more after becoming a member!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 11:59   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Montreal, CA
Posts: 122
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Sorry to post this here but I was wondering on the tire set up that you or any other 530D owners are running on. Any ideas on what tires are good guys? I got to change my Dunlop's that I have on the S4 right now. They running on stock 245/40/18's.


So far I'm looking at these options.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3ST 245/40/18
Conti SportContact 5 245/40/18/97Y/XL
Bridgestone Potenza S001 245/40 R18 97Y
sweetvar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 01:01   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,851 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Another highway trip goes down, This one was the longest one till now in terms of driving time & man i seriously would prefer driving her in the night, Those adaptive LED's are simply amazing to say the least.

Check out the start time, Journey time, Fuel Economy, Current time etc.
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]-img_7429.jpg

I never actually kept an eye on fuel economy, But when i did man i was surprised! I was either in comfort mode (In & around city) Or Sports mode on the highways, Another thing might have added to this was light traffic that specific day maybe due to the JB concert.

Even after a super long day & having some lip smacking butter chicken for dinner, You can be sure this is not a car in which you might fall asleep
Loved driving her on the Old Mumbai - Pune route, Tarmac was super smooth (Unlike the concrete on expressway) Add twisties to that with light traffic in the night & Adaptive LED's continuously doing their magic, It was a hoot to drive!

Came out with a tummy full to see her like this & yet again my heart skipped a beat!
My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]-img_7423.jpg

EDIT : The Monster was also shared by..

My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]-whatsapp-image-20170514-7.52.50-pm.jpeg

Another 1500+ kms trip is in the making, I hope its executed soon.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 16th May 2017 at 01:17.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 02:25   #44
BHPian
 
Rohan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 112
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Another highway trip goes down, This one was the longest one till now in terms of driving time & man i seriously would prefer driving her in the night, Those adaptive LED's are simply amazing to say the least.
.
.
.
Another 1500+ kms trip is in the making, I hope its executed soon.
Damn! That looks seriously pretty, especially in that shade of blue and the M-sport kit.
Very good mileage there, although who buys a 530d for mileage

Wish you many happy miles in the beast!
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 23:58   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,506
Thanked: 1,851 Times
Default Re: My Pre-worshipped Monster : BMW 530d M-Sport [F10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Damn! That looks seriously pretty, especially in that shade of blue and the M-sport kit.
Seriously, Also love the fact the car looks almost black in the night!

Quote:
Very good mileage there, although who buys a 530d for mileage
Haha yeah, 530d is not meant for someone who keeps their fuel economy in check, However this trip specifically came as a surprise which is like the cherry on the cake, Nothing else you could ask more from the car.

Quote:
Wish you many happy miles in the beast!
Thanks man!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 800 4th August 2017 13:42
Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited! over.drive Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 52 18th September 2015 16:08
Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to another carfreak Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 18th January 2012 18:37
2009 Mercedes Benz E350 cdi Avantgarde (w212) vs 2010 BMW 530d (f10) PlatzdaTurbo The Indian Car Scene 60 27th October 2010 12:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks