Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 00:10   #31
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 11
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post

Well, the 3rd free service was carried out at Ring Road Honda(Bas Engg. Pvt. Ltd), Sector-18, Gurgaon where they charged me for 3.6L 5w30.


4th service, I went for Pearl Honda(Kapsons Engineering Pvt. Ltd.) where they charged me 3.7L 0w20.


Did you find any difference using 5w30 and 0w20? From my understanding the difference is in viscous properties and how it reacts to temperature changes but wanted to see if you have observed anything in particular while driving. I believe you used synthetic oil, did they inform which brand was used?

Thanks.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th July 2017 at 11:40. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
jaysonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 11:38   #32
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 17
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

I've been using Honda for the last 15 years almost. But I feel the current jazz is the worst in built quality and fit n finish. Since the day 1 of Jazz, I've been facing rattling, quality issues. First it was some squeaking noise from the dash board, which the service center couldn't find the source, which i myself found it accidentally. And it came from the small triangle plastic piece found near the left side front quarter glass. Then it was the co driver seat, which has got some knocking noise coming from , when it is unoccupied, and when asked to rectify, service people came with the same punch dialogue " Many Jazz is being reported with the same fault, better not to do anything on it, over tightening it may lead to damaging it permanently". I don't know if it is true. Does anyone else face this ? Also the Parking brake lever, which doesn't feel right to me. Doesn't stay intact while not engaged.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th July 2017 at 11:41. Reason: Corrected 'break' to 'brake'.
ArchieS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 18:31   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chennai (TN-19)
Posts: 58
Thanked: 71 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieS View Post
I've been using Honda for the last 15 years almost. But I feel the current jazz is the worst in built quality and fit n finish. Since the day 1 of Jazz, I've been facing rattling, quality issues. First it was some squeaking noise from the dash board, which the service center couldn't find the source, which i myself found it accidentally. And it came from the small triangle plastic piece found near the left side front quarter glass. Then it was the co driver seat, which has got some knocking noise coming from , when it is unoccupied, and when asked to rectify, service people came with the same punch dialogue " Many Jazz is being reported with the same fault, better not to do anything on it, over tightening it may lead to damaging it permanently". I don't know if it is true. Does anyone else face this ? Also the Parking brake lever, which doesn't feel right to me. Doesn't stay intact while not engaged.
This is absolutely spot on. I'm a brand new Jazz owner and it's my first car here in India.

Since I took delivery yesterday and driving only 100 odd kilometers, I have observed a rattling on the passenger side front door or the quarter glass and the hand brake button just doesn't feel right. Interestingly I didn't observe both the issues in the TD car. As you said, it could be the deterioration in QC.
Yieldway17 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 19:38   #34
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Did you find any difference using 5w30 and 0w20?
Well, this is how Honda markets 0w20 fully synthetic engine oil:
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-honda-0w20.jpg

Coming to my view, I have 2 Honda cars(2008 City ZX and 2015 Jazz V). In my City(1.5 L-series i-DSI), I switched to synthetic engine oil post 20K on the odo and then remained stuck to it, except once, when Honda technician did overlook the job card and poured in the normal. My understanding and observations over the years are:
  • Assists in quick warming up of engine in cold weather.
  • Lesser engine wear while starting especially when your car remained out of use for 2-3 or more days.
  • Better heat dissipation = better cooling = better performance and more protection to engine in extreme hot and extreme driving conditions such as bumper to bumper traffic snarls while the outside temperature is upwards of 45 degrees.
  • Doesn't break that soon as the mineral based oil = lasts longer.
  • Less prone to sludge formation.
  • Better lubrication = lower friction = slightly better fuel efficiency.
The reasons enough justify me to shell out more for synthetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
I believe you used synthetic oil, did they inform which brand was used?
Honda doesn't mention the brand for it is their genuine oil and the OEM oil barrels simply mention Honda. See the pictures of oil barrels below:

1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-0w20.jpg

1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-5w30.jpg

However, I did check the OEM supplier to find that earlier it always used to be Idemitsu(Savita Oil Technologies) but in the recent past its Tidewater Oil Company. Believe, it is especially formulated to meet Honda specifications and shouldn't be just treated at par with any aftermarket engine oil with same SAE viscosity specs(even of the same brands).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieS View Post
Then it was the co driver seat, which has got some knocking noise coming from , when it is unoccupied, and when asked to rectify, service people came with the same punch dialogue " Many Jazz is being reported with the same fault, better not to do anything on it, over tightening it may lead to damaging it permanently". I don't know if it is true. Does anyone else face this ?
Hi ArchieS, since past 8-9 now, my Jazz is super silent and niggle-free. There isn't any noise from anywhere, not even on the poorly tarmac'd roads except the hanging zipper from the cover of front head restraints. Yes, the seat back vibrates if unoccupied due to the fact that suspension is towards the stiffer side while the road is rough. But the vibrations do not cause any noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieS View Post
Also the Parking brake lever, which doesn't feel right to me. Doesn't stay intact while not engaged.
Do you mind elaborating this please? I do not see any issue with my parking brake lever. It is effortless and very ergonomically placed. The very first ratchet is enough to stop my car from rolling, while the second brings in enough confidence to firmly lock the rear wheels. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Since I took delivery yesterday and driving only 100 odd kilometers, I have observed a rattling on the passenger side front door or the quarter glass and the hand brake button just doesn't feel right.
Welcome to India and congratulations Yieldway17 on your new car. Wish you miles and miles with happy smiles. My personal advice to you is, please report it to the dealership and if the issue isn't resolved, do not hesitate writing to Honda customer relations. I am still wondering what's the issue with the parking brake lever. Sounds something new has cropped up. Thanks and enjoy your lovely car.

Last edited by Nohonking : 4th July 2017 at 20:05. Reason: language correcton
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 14:59   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chennai (TN-19)
Posts: 58
Thanked: 71 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post

Welcome to India and congratulations Yieldway17 on your new car. Wish you miles and miles with happy smiles. My personal advice to you is, please report it to the dealership and if the issue isn't resolved, do not hesitate writing to Honda customer relations. I am still wondering what's the issue with the parking brake lever. Sounds something new has cropped up. Thanks and enjoy your lovely car.
Thank you!

I believe ArchieS and me are having different issues with the parking brake. My issue with the brake is not the lever itself but the release button. It's too stiff and takes couple of tries to engage it. It might be just because it's new and it has not set in. \_(ツ)_/
Yieldway17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 20:02   #36
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Thank you!

I believe ArchieS and me are having different issues with the parking brake. My issue with the brake is not the lever itself but the release button. It's too stiff and takes couple of tries to engage it. It might be just because it's new and it has not set in. \_(ツ)_/
Hi Yieldway17,

Well IMO parking brake has nothing to set in. It should be smooth and easy to release right from the day one. While it is engaged and you want to release, slightly pull the lever up, may be a couple of millimeters and while holding it there press the release button and push the lever down. If this isn't the case, I'd recommend you check with the Honda ASC. Thanks.


Between, to keep all posted on the rusted tie-rods in my car, I received a call from Honda ASC for an appointment coming Saturday to examine it. Lets see what decision do they arrive at.

Regarding incorrect billing by ASCs on the quantity of engine oil, still no response from HCIL. May be I need to follow-up. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 5th July 2017 at 20:19. Reason: typo error
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 17:38   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chennai (TN-19)
Posts: 58
Thanked: 71 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
If this isn't the case, I'd recommend you check with the Honda ASC. Thanks.
I tried this morning and did release in the first try. Thanks!!

Can you also help me in an another question I have if you can - does the 12v adapter switch off automatically when the engine turns off? I'm planning to install a dashcam (Auto-Vox B40C) which I was using for the last 2 years in the US. Just wanted to be sure that the dashcam doesn't stay on and discharge the battery after turning off the engine.
Yieldway17 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 19:03   #38
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I tried this morning and did release in the first try. Thanks!!
Glad to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Can you also help me in an another question I have if you can - does the 12v adapter switch off automatically when the engine turns off?
Confirmed, it powers off the moment you turn off the engine to take the key out and stays off while the car is parked. It gets powered on at the first position upon turning the key clockwise in the starter keyhole. Meaning, it will turn your dash cam "ON" even before the ignition is turned on. But please note that the moment you'll crank the engine, the socket will loose the power, thus turning off the dash cam and power up again the moment engine comes to life. The power on/off behavior of 12V socket is very much in sync with the ICE unit.

Just clicked below picture for your understanding.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-12v-power-socket.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I'm planning to install a dashcam (Auto-Vox B40C) which I was using for the last 2 years in the US.
Do share how do you install the dash cam. Would love to read it and may try in my car as well . Cheers!

Last edited by Nohonking : 6th July 2017 at 19:22. Reason: enhance information
Nohonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 11:24   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chennai (TN-19)
Posts: 58
Thanked: 71 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Glad to hear that!



Confirmed, it powers off the moment you turn off the engine to take the key out and stays off while the car is parked. It gets powered on at the first position upon turning the key clockwise in the starter keyhole. Meaning, it will turn your dash cam "ON" even before the ignition is turned on. But please note that the moment you'll crank the engine, the socket will loose the power, thus turning off the dash cam and power up again the moment engine comes to life. The power on/off behavior of 12V socket is very much in sync with the ICE unit.

Just clicked below picture for your understanding.
Attachment 1654604



Do share how do you install the dash cam. Would love to read it and may try in my car as well . Cheers!
Thanks again! I confirmed this today by connecting the dashcam to the 12v adapter and testing it without installing. Will have to buy few wire ties and 3M hooks before I install it. Will share once I do it.

And btw, my new Jazz of 4 days old had a puncture today with a 3-4 inch long metal frame piercing the middle of the rear passenger side tyre. I wish the Michelin had stopped it but had to do with the patch fix for now from a local puncture shop on the highway. Do you by any chance know whether the slimy material filled in to seal it would last the life of the tyre? I'm already thinking of replacing a tyre which is yet to see 300KM.
Yieldway17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 12:38   #40
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
And btw, my new Jazz of 4 days old had a puncture today with a 3-4 inch long metal frame piercing the middle of the rear passenger side tyre. I wish the Michelin had stopped it but had to do with the patch fix for now from a local puncture shop on the highway.
Welcome to India! You are lucky for getting your Jazz shod with Michelins. I wish I was that lucky .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Do you by any chance know whether the slimy material filled in to seal it would last the life of the tyre? I'm already thinking of replacing a tyre which is yet to see 300KM.
Will last a life time. Hakuna matata! No need to replace it

Cheerio!

Last edited by Nohonking : 7th July 2017 at 12:40.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 15:57   #41
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 17
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Do you mind elaborating this please? I do not see any issue with my parking brake lever. It is effortless and very ergonomically placed. The very first ratchet is enough to stop my car from rolling, while the second brings in enough confidence to firmly lock the rear wheels. Thanks.
I don't know how to put it in words, but i believe this video will do justice.


The parking brake is not engaged, and the lever moves horizontally on holding it. As i am a person who drives with a hand on parking brake most of the time, this gives me knock like feeling at hand every time.
ArchieS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 22:18   #42
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieS View Post
The parking brake is not engaged, and the lever moves horizontally on holding it.
Thanks ArchieS for making it easier to understand. Please have this fixed under warranty. Having read your post, I did go back in my Jazz to check this, there's absolutely no horizontal movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
About rusted tie rod- why you wanna live with it with mere waxing. You can ask HASS to replace it under warranty. My 10 years old civic's tie rod or any other OEM suspension part did not have such bad rusting.
Hi techcoze,

Thanks for motivating me to have this fixed. I had an appointment today at the HASS regarding tie rod and knuckle rusting issue. As I argued that my 9 year old City ZX is still living with perfect(rust-free) tie rods, their technical head told me that even the new brand new tie rod & knuckle come rusted as this what Honda OEM supply is. He showed me the brand new Jazz and City, all with rusted stuff. He assured me that it is rock solid and even though rusted, will last a life time. He was ready to give me in writing, stating that there has been a cost cutting in Honda so this is what Honda is supplying.

That said, he offered to clean the rust and spray paint the tie rods in my car.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-tie-rod-painted.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I had just given my Jazz CVT for service earlier this week at Whitefield Honda in Bangalore. They charged me 32 units of engine oil (100 ml) which matches what the owners manual says. It looks as though the SVCs in your city have been taking owners for a ride and charging a few hundred extra rupees from unsuspecting owners. Do escalate the issue and get a refund from the SVC!
Thanks again neil.jericho!

I haven't yet received any response from HCIL. So today at HASS, I spoke to the head of customer service. At first he tried to befool me in all the ways he could with all the fancy sentences relating to Honda standards and how the technician does in Honda workshop. He was bent upon the fact that technician would have measured before pouring and was willing to deny what's there in the owner's manual. But when I told him that I was standing next to my car watch what and how was the technician, he was speechless. Agreed to adjust INR 120/- in the next billing. Yet to visit Pearl Honda and take it up there. Thanks.



On the other note, added more spice of JDM Honda to my Jazz.

Managed to source JDM(Japanese Domestic Market) Honda Genuine Part (Made in Japan) 58mm alloy wheel hub caps. Insanely priced set of 4 at INR 2500/-. The top notch quality will put HCIL to shame. I let the pictures speak!

The label on the box.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-jdm-honda-genuine-part.jpg

Glossy and glittering. Have a kind of convex lens covering.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-jdm-honda-hub-caps-glitter.jpg

Honda Genuine Part specs.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-jdm-honda-hub-caps-specific.jpg

Front view. Sweet looking "Made in Japan" hub caps in the core of "Made in India" Enkei alloys.
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-jdm-hub-cap-installed.jpg

Looks chic!
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-jdm-hub-caps-chic.jpg

The car overall
1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT-jdm-car.jpg

Last edited by Nohonking : 8th July 2017 at 22:32.
Nohonking is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 23:11   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chennai (TN-19)
Posts: 58
Thanked: 71 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post


Front view. Sweet looking "Made in Japan" hub caps in the core of "Made in India" Enkei alloys.
Attachment 1655303

Looks chic!
Attachment 1655302
Looks pretty cool. Does it come only in this maroon/red colour?
Yieldway17 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2017, 09:02   #44
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Looks pretty cool. Does it come only in this maroon/red colour?
Thanks Yieldway17. Yes, being a JDM spec product it conforms to "H" submerged in that typical red shade. In the Japanese market, that's how is the Honda logo. For more information about JDM, see this Wiki link.

Why Red? IMO, the color red has a great significance in Japanese culture(considered as the color of Sun). On a similar thought, the color red for Japanese domestic market has something to do with the national flag of Japan which too hosts red. See below.
Name:  japanflag.gif
Views: 510
Size:  5.4 KB

Honestly, from "utility" perspective, such additions do nothing. But that from "feel good", they score really high to positively impact your mood and ownership experience besides the obvious aesthetic looks. At the end of the day that's what which matters. The hub caps contrast very well with the silver colored alloy wheel spokes. Makes perfect sense on a Jazz and an enough reason to justify myself having bought those. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 9th July 2017 at 09:28. Reason: Image attachment added
Nohonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2017, 11:55   #45
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 11
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: 1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
On the other note, added more spice of JDM Honda to my Jazz.

Managed to source JDM(Japanese Domestic Market) Honda Genuine Part (Made in Japan) 58mm alloy wheel hub caps. Insanely priced set of 4 at INR 2500/-. The top notch quality will put HCIL to shame. I let the pictures speak!


Looks great...had it been black alloys it would have enhanced the look manifold. Did you get these online?

By the way I'm shocked to hear that Honda is supplying rusted parts for assembly, which has to be coated/painted when a customer complains about it

Also mine is a Feb'17 made Jazz and I haven't had any rattling or handbrake issues till now.

Last edited by SDP : 9th July 2017 at 21:26. Reason: Fixed incorrect quote. Please read about how to quote correctly.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks