Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th June 2017, 23:52   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Well, until, it becomes a common car, don't worry about the ungainly rear-end. That is a problem for the people following you! lol!I like how your wife helped you to clear the thought process.
Thanks! Tiago does seem very convincing with all the wonderful and loaded features until you realize that engine beneath could be better. I do see a lot of people complaining about the 3 cylinder engine on the Tigor but most people seem to accept the same with the Tiago, maybe due to the price factor. The sales figures of Tigor also seem to reflect this.

Agree with your point, the rear appearance is a problem for those following the car and not for those inside it Do update once you finalize on your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Congratulations! I love the colour you chose. Yes, the rear of the vehicle could've been better. Worry less, you learn to like it. that's the plus of ownership. Enjoy and drive safe.
Thanks! The Red has a bit of Orange in it and it looks different based on the amount of sun light falling on it. I should possibly post more pictures that show the color variance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmech View Post
Fantastic review, I am in the same boat as you. I have enjoyed your comparison chart.
Did you not consider Wagon R AMT?
I somehow liked the styling of the Celerio more as compared to the Wagon R and hence only test drove the Celerio AMT. But I agree, that Wagon R is yet another car that falls in the same price bracket. I have updated my comparison chart to include the Wagon R Vxi+ (O) for your reference.

Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home-automatic_cars_v1.1.jpg
Comparison Chart v1.1 - Includes Wagon R (Click on Image to Enlarge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Congratulations on the new addition to the stable!
How would you compare the Ignis to the Swift Dzire? specifically the AMT to the 4 speed torque converter in terms of mileage and long term reliability? I'm helping someone chose between the Ignis, Dzire and Baleno (which may not be considered due to budget) and these are questions I need to address for them. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
The Dzire also comes with the same AMT Setup as the Ignis and hence would be similar if not better than the Ignis. I am yet to test drive the 2017 Dzire and hence cannot comment on it. The 4 Speed Torque Converter is the one that comes on the Grand i10. The performance of that one in terms of the gear shift experience is definitely superior to the AMT on the Ignis. The Baleno comes with a CVT which is again different from the AMT and the 4 Speed Torque Converter of the i10. The Baleno Delta CVT is priced at 8.65 L and as you have called out its on the higher side of the budget. The CVT is a more superior technology as compared to the AGS technology. A CVT will not provide a Manual Mode but does have a "L" mode which can be used when driving up steep inclines.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 13th June 2017 at 00:00.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 18:52   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles !

Nice color this. I haven't seen this color on the roads here. Also the Bridgestone Ecopia are pretty decent tires. Probably not fair if you compare them to Michelin ST3 or the likes in terms of noise.

Keep updating the thread and enjoying your drives.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 10:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Also the Bridgestone Ecopia are pretty decent tires.
Agree - the Bridgestones seem to be decent tires so far. Also for the Ignis stock tire specification, the Michelin P3ST is not available (175/65 R15) - only the XM2 is available in that spec. P3ST starts with 195/60 R15. I do have the XM2s on my other car and extremely happy with those as well
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 12:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Agree - the Bridgestones seem to be decent tires so far. Also for the Ignis stock tire specification, the Michelin P3ST is not available (175/65 R15) - only the XM2 is available in that spec. P3ST starts with 195/60 R15. I do have the XM2s on my other car and extremely happy with those as well
Yes I forgot the P3ST is Civic stock size compatible. I also have been using the XM2's on my Honda City for the last 30k km approximately and am pretty happy. My car came shod with stock XM1's which had considerably more tyre noise as compared to these.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 20:32   #20
BHPian

If possible for added stability and looks I would recommend to upgrade to 185/65/15 XM2s with the added benefit of increased GC.
drchernish is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 21:45   #21
BHPian

If you wish to upgrade prefer 195/60 r15 size. Variation in size is minimum. Ground clearance of 180mm quite sufficient. Increasing ground clearance won't give any positive benefits.
hemen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 21:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
If possible for added stability and looks I would recommend to upgrade to 185/65/15 XM2s with the added benefit of increased GC.
Thank you for the recommendation - although i have not done very high speeds yet, I did do a decent 115 kph on the Ignis and the stability and grip levels of the vehicle with the stock tires are excellent.

Further, any tire swaps would need to be done immediately or within the first 100-150kms to get a good exchange value for the stock tires. Given that I have clocked 400+ kms already, its too late for the exchange to get me a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemen View Post
If you wish to upgrade prefer 195/60 r15 size. Variation in size is minimum. Ground clearance of 180mm quite sufficient. Increasing ground clearance won't give any positive benefits.
Agree with your points. I have done the same upgrade on my primary car (Honda City iDTEC) - 195/60 R15. For the Ignis though, I feel the tire size is done right and does not warrant an upgrade. And yes, like you have rightly called out, the default GC of 180 mm is sufficient
vsrivatsa is offline   Reply With Quote