Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th June 2017, 10:37   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
1. Cargo cover
View from the rear. There is a gap between the door and the cover, which is subject to peeping eyes. Only a dark rear windshield can present this.
Attachment 1649522
Rated the thread 5 star!!
Congrats on the new gen Endy. I also liked the grey color, for me, it won't highlight the vehicle too much in the crowd.

I had the opportunity to check out new gen Endy few months ago. I love almost every aspect of the vehicle - exterior, interior. The front bucket seats are wide and quite hugging.

Reg. the cargo cover, thats one neat looking accessory. At your leisure, could you please share the dimensions of that. Does it cover the full cargo space?
I would like to get one for my safari storme.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th June 2017 at 10:49. Reason: Fixing Quotes, please use Preview before Posting, Thanks.
Kams_cars is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 00:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 AT Titanium : Worthy contender for an urban SUV

Very well written review, Gyan Bhai. Detailed and humorous at the same time. I met you the day you were to take delivery of the vehicle, and came to know that now we live in the same housing society. As luck would have it, I couldn't accept your kind offer to accompany you to the delivery.

But now I'm eager to drive it, if you so kindly oblige . I absolutely love the look of the new Endeavour. It looks like its made out of a single billet of steel, and the road presence is unmatched. Would be keen to see your ownership updates.

As for the detailing products, let me inform you that a very professional outfit has opened up in our building's first basement. Meguiars products, and people who know their job. Since they are new, they're also offering discounts. I tried them out and was very happy with the results. Would suggest you postpone DIY for now, and give these guys a try.
predatorwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 01:46   #18
BHPian

Congratulations!
Rated a well deserved 5 stars

I had taken a test drive while my figo was undergoing its 7th year service.
I was always a fan of the Endeavour and the test drive now has driven me half mad trying to figure out how to come up with the 38 lakhs on road for the 3.2 titanium, selling of kidneys may not be enough

On a serious note, we are looking out for a SUV upto 25 lakhs , after the Endeavour test drive none of the others like Tucson, hexa, innova come anywhere close to the engine, interiors and general feel of the Endeavour, though we haven't test driven the fortuner, the dark interiors were a big putoff for us, but we are still open to the fortuner. I guess we better start saving up some more if we want to see the Endy or to a lesser extent the fortuner in our driveway!

Please do keep this thread updated, as it will definitely help prospective endeavour owners.

wishing you many miles of blissful driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Congratulations ! Your review again has made me look forward towards the Endeavour. GST, Awaits

Regarding Headroom, I am 6'.1", do you think it would be a problem? I have taken a small test drive and wasn't bothered much by it. However there is seriously lack of headroom on the rear seats. But, I found the rear headroom in the New Fortuner to be less too, compared to my 7 year old Fortuner.

I believe the only accessory that you may have missed is the ordinary screen / scratch guard for the touch screen head unit.
I am 6ft and i usually sit upright. I did not find the headroom to be less though there was hardly an inch remaining between my head and the roof.
I also tried a more laid back posture and found that i had more headroom, so i wasnt bothered by it.
The rear seats too have less headroom, but again, never bothered me.
I found the rear seat to be a bit narrow, 3 well built adults would be a squeeze, though the legroom was very good.

The 2.2 titanium doesnt have this issue of low headroom due to the absence of the sunroof but then the extra features and bigger engine of the 3.2 would be something difficult to trade-in for the extra headroom of the 2.2

regards
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 10:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post

PS- could you please elaborate more on the audio quality in the car considering it comes with inbuilt Amp & a Sub.
Thanks.
The audio quality is above average. However do not expect wonders out of sub-woofer placed in the boot. With 10 speakers, I expected FORD to provide Dolby surround as well but I did not find any mention of it anywhere.
My last generation Fortuner with after market speakers sounded better and had Dolby surround as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post

could you please share the dimensions of that. Does it cover the full cargo space?
Thanks.
Yes, the Cargo cover is a must to protect your bags, laptops from preying eyes.
Over the weekend, I will measure and provide the dimensions. Basically you need to fit the 2 rigid sides of the covers (front and back). The sides are flexible and also the length is adjustable. But I am afraid that rigid sides dimensions are on higher side for Storme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

But now I'm eager to drive it, if you so kindly oblige .

As for the detailing products, let me inform you that a very professional outfit has opened up in our building's first basement.
Thanks.

You are most welcome to drive it. Lets meet over weekend to take her for a ride. What about a joint video review.

I know about this professional outfit in building nine basement. Will surely use their service this monsoon. Rates are competitive too.
We are also blessed to have 3M outlet right across our apartment, but I prefer the bigger outlet in sector 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Congratulations!

The 2.2 titanium doesnt have this issue of low headroom due to the absence of the sunroof but then the extra features and bigger engine of the 3.2 would be something difficult to trade-in for the extra headroom of the 2.2

regards
Thanks.
Yes the 2.2 Titanium without sun roof would surely have better headroom but let me clarify here (for benefit of larger audience) that head room rather lack of it alone should not be the reason for rejecting her, the driver seat has sufficient height adjustment range coupled with recline.
Watch Karan video review (Video Review: Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4x4 A/T) carefully and you will find that there is decent head room and Karan is tall enough.

Head room was problem on day one. After three months, I am use to it. Also in these three months, I did not bang my head on the roof so I guess its acceptable.

Last edited by Wanderers : 29th June 2017 at 10:35.
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 16:17   #20
BANNED

Congratulation to you on buying this massive beast & giving such a nice review about the SUV. I just love the stance of this vehicle. The fuel consumption seems to be really good taking into account the size & weight of this car. The cargo cover is good add-on & it looks good. Please do update on how the car behaves on the highways.
visky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 17:28   #21

Congrats buddy for an excellent ownership review. A Toyota guy turned to Ford actually speaks volumes. I have been in love with the new Endy for a while since I read dockap's review and saw the car. Have been wooing the wife to agree as she hates large cars
Meanwhile please do keep the thread updated so we can learn more about the delights of the Endy as it crosses Two services.
My brother's Aspire really started giving more mileage after the second service. However the engine of that car was faulty but Gautam Budh Ford along with us took it up with Ford and got the Whole Engine Replaced with new.
Abhinav6683 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visky View Post
The fuel consumption seems to be really good taking into account the size & weight of this car.
Yes, the FE averages between 9.5 to 10.5 per litre, which is good for an engine as big as 3.2L. This improves by a 1-2km/l on an highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visky View Post
Please do update on how the car behaves on the highways.
The highway behaviour is not as good as Fortuner but very much acceptable. One needs to be cognizant of the softer steering and negotiate curves at controllable speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav6683 View Post
Meanwhile please do keep the thread updated so we can learn more about the delights of the Endy as it crosses Two services.
The first service is done at 2950 Km last week. Nothing much to report. It was general check-up followed by wash.
I did not find any change or improvement in car performance.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote