Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2017, 22:36   #76
BHPian
 
drbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bhimavaram
Posts: 106
Thanked: 264 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

After 2700km drive its time for scheduled 2nd service(10000kms) got it done at Hyderabad on my way home back. Change of differential oil( both front and rear) 4x4 gear box oil, had no problems till date. Vehicle feels rock solid. service experience is like as if i am at a commercial vehicle service center, as i can see only D max pickup trucks and a couple of v cross vehicles. Did not get a good feeling of taking a premium SUV for service. Its best to send your driver with the vehicle than going personally.

My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-img_6277.jpg

2nd service cost is very reasonable. I paid 3808/- excluding water wash( wash guys are on leave that day, hence got to get the washing done outside).

Isuzu service guys are used to commercial pickup trucks and they treat you the same way, No proper customer waiting lounge, no drinking water, tea or coffee machine. No one is really bothered about you. Hope isuzu service learn how to take care of their customers. Hope they learn from Toyota, honda, hyundai, maruti( all of these take good care of their customers).

My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-img_6317.jpg
My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-img_6318.jpg

Last edited by drbones : 11th November 2017 at 22:38.
drbones is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 02:18   #77
BHPian
 
bharatbits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 145
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

When they are used to only handling commercial vehicles then I guess they must also not be very smart in inflating service bills like how the mainstream passenger vehicle ASS do. Like insisting on WB/ WA, unnecessary replacements, dashboard polish, tyres polish, useless wax polish, Teflon coating etc. Commercial vehicle owners mean business and will only get things needed to keep the vehicle running.
bharatbits is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 12:38   #78
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,986
Thanked: 2,513 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Doc, Good to know the MUX is serving you well. Isuzu makes robust vehicles, and I am sure you will get years of dependable service. I am hoping that they will put in the 6-Speed gearbox and side/curtain airbags soon.

Are you facing any rattles in the interior trim? My friend was looking to buy an MUX and apparently someone told him that there are some rattles in the interior trim.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2017, 13:37   #79
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,260
Thanked: 4,977 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Isuzu service guys are used to commercial pickup trucks and they treat you the same way, No proper customer waiting lounge, no drinking water, tea or coffee machine. No one is really bothered about you. Hope isuzu service learn how to take care of their customers. Hope they learn from Toyota, honda, hyundai, maruti( all of these take good care of their customers).
Try shooting an e-mail to Isuzu with your concern. I and I am sure, even you would be interested to know as to how they respond.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 14:41   #80
BHPian
 
MuzzledMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: THRISSUR
Posts: 192
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Try shooting an e-mail to Isuzu with your concern. I and I am sure, even you would be interested to know as to how they respond.
As per my experience, Isuzu customer care is quite difficult to handle as multiple people will call you every couple of days without knowing what the matter is. One will have to explain each person what was your complaint. The most interesting stuff is that one side calls for complaint resolution like what I described above and another side will call you for a feedback without the complaint being resolved at all.
In the end, they will get the nigger out of people and waste precious time.
MuzzledMoose is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 11:23   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,594
Thanked: 457 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
As per my experience, Isuzu customer care is quite difficult to handle as multiple people will call you every couple of days without knowing what the matter is. One will have to explain each person what was your complaint. The most interesting stuff is that one side calls for complaint resolution like what I described above and another side will call you for a feedback without the complaint being resolved at all.
In the end, they will get the nigger out of people and waste precious time.
Wow that speaks a lot about their insulation from the real world via Customer care
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 23:17   #82
BHPian
 
drbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bhimavaram
Posts: 106
Thanked: 264 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
When they are used to only handling commercial vehicles then I guess they must also not be very smart in inflating service bills like how the mainstream passenger vehicle ASS do. Like insisting on WB/ WA, unnecessary replacements, dashboard polish, tyres polish, useless wax polish, Teflon coating etc. Commercial vehicle owners mean business and will only get things needed to keep the vehicle running.
bharatbits you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Doc, Good to know the MUX is serving you well. Isuzu makes robust vehicles, and I am sure you will get years of dependable service. I am hoping that they will put in the 6-Speed gearbox and side/curtain airbags soon.Are you facing any rattles in the interior trim? My friend was looking to buy an MUX and apparently someone told him that there are some rattles in the interior trim.
5speed gearbox works fantastic, no complaints about it. I would like curtain airbags on my MU X. Clocked 11K till date, driven on smooth highways to bad roads, no roads, surprise potholes and almost every thing what indian roads throw at with good amount of offroadding. No squeaks or rattles till date. Built quality of MU X is very solid and tough is all a i can say. Your friend can go for MU X with out any hesitation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Try shooting an e-mail to Isuzu with your concern. I and I am sure, even you would be interested to know as to how they respond.
Isuzu people are slow to respond.
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 23:36   #83
BHPian
 
drbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bhimavaram
Posts: 106
Thanked: 264 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Health reprot of MU X

It is amazing to see the finer details of my MU X, This report helps me to assess my driving style. I had never seen this type of detailed report of any vehicle.

My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-img_6451.jpg

My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-img_6452.jpg

My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-img_6453.jpg

My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-img_6454.jpg
drbones is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 09:06   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,594
Thanked: 457 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Health reprot of MU X

It is amazing to see the finer details of my MU X, This report helps me to assess my driving style. I had never seen this type of detailed report of any vehicle.
Wow..how did you get that?

Cheers
headers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:35   #85
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 19
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

hey guys, i am looking at buying a SUV in the price range ~25L. Isuzu Mux looks like a strong contender along with Jeep compass in this price range. Any recommendations or suggestions would be really welcome.

I test drove both of them along with Innova Crysta and each one has its pros/cons i.e. jeep is more premium and modern in feel with better ride handling/quality but Mux has the true driving a SUV feeling with the height and road presence and butchiness. Innova is somewhere in between but not a deal closer.

Also not sure why but a detailed/proper review for MuX doesn't seem to exist in the reviews section. Any idea if it is in the pipeline?

thanks in advance.
sumitj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:30   #86
BHPian
 
drbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bhimavaram
Posts: 106
Thanked: 264 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Wow..how did you get that?

Cheers
Isuzu guys are pampering me, data is given by the service people who came to me traveling 90kms just to check my MU X before my year end drive to make sure everything is perfect and in place.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitj View Post
hey guys, i am looking at buying a SUV in the price range ~25L. Isuzu Mux looks like a strong contender along with Jeep compass in this price range. Any recommendations or suggestions would be really welcome.

I test drove both of them along with Innova Crysta and each one has its pros/cons i.e. jeep is more premium and modern in feel with better ride handling/quality but Mux has the true driving a SUV feeling with the height and road presence and butchiness. Innova is somewhere in between but not a deal closer.

Also not sure why but a detailed/proper review for MuX doesn't seem to exist in the reviews section. Any idea if it is in the pipeline?

thanks in advance.
If you are looking for a full size all rounder SUV with comfortable ride at that price point then you have no options other than MU X. Buy it with your eyes closed. If you can provide an address in andhrapradesh and buy it from there then you are going to get it at an unbelievable price.
drbones is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 23:41   #87
BHPian
 
drbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bhimavaram
Posts: 106
Thanked: 264 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

My recent drive of 8 days, 5250kms to Rajasthan is done with out a single hitch. mu X is super comfy and very capable overland vehicle. Will write in detail as and when i get time.

My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic-img_e7020.jpg
drbones is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 08:50   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,594
Thanked: 457 Times
Default Re: My Isuzu MU-X 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitj View Post
hey guys, i am looking at buying a SUV in the price range ~25L. Isuzu Mux looks like a strong contender along with Jeep compass in this price range. Any recommendations or suggestions would be really welcome.

I test drove both of them along with Innova Crysta and each one has its pros/cons i.e. jeep is more premium and modern in feel with better ride handling/quality but Mux has the true driving a SUV feeling with the height and road presence and butchiness. Innova is somewhere in between but not a deal closer.

Also not sure why but a detailed/proper review for MuX doesn't seem to exist in the reviews section. Any idea if it is in the pipeline?

thanks in advance.
Go for the MU-X eyes closed. Its a super vehicle and personally i feel, it is better than the Compass and the Innova crysta, even better than the new Fortuner!!
headers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Isuzu V-Cross : Offbeat Adventure Drive & Camping with JMD Isuzu tazmaan 4x4 Excursions 21 24th July 2017 22:16
Isuzu Trooper 4x4 Comes Home SILVERWOOD 4x4 Vehicles 33 10th October 2016 12:42
Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium) Aditya The Indian Car Scene 25 9th October 2016 22:57
Off-roading with the Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 4x4 BlackPearl 4x4 Excursions 109 14th September 2016 12:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks