Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd March 2018, 19:03   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Update:

I was waiting for the information on Tax collected at source in October when I took the car. It is still not credited to IT department and all the queries to Nexa (Bimal) went on to say it will be done in January, it will be done in February and the last mail stated that the TCS information will be given to me beginning March.

This looks quite annoying, and I have a feeling the TCS collected at Bimal Nexa is being swindled and is still with them.

I will now give them a last chance in writing, and by 15/03/2018 I do not see that in my IT returns, I will raise the matter with IT department as to look into these practices by car dealerships, though citizens abide by the dictate, dealerships are swindling it
I got in touch with Relationship Manager. I got a promise I will get the details of the TCS soon. I am currently giving them my earlier timeout till 15/03/2018. Let us see what pans out.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 20:43   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

A view from the drivers seat, on one of the adventures with Kungfu Panda. For the record both sides of the road is sea
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift-gpexportphoto.jpg
laluks is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:07   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A view from the drivers seat, on one of the adventures with Kungfu Panda. For the record both sides of the road is sea
Attachment 1737630
This was during my visit - October, 2016

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift-d2_28optimized.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 23:25   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1737630
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
This was during my visit - October, 2016

Attachment 1737639
Hey Laluks & Arun - can you tell me the place? They look absolutely drool worthy place to visit. Atleast I can put it on my next highway drive from bangalore
gururajrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 23:38   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Hey Laluks & Arun - can you tell me the place? They look absolutely drool worthy place to visit. Atleast I can put it on my next highway drive from bangalore
Rameshwaram to Dhanushkodi. Arrow straight roads for many many kilometers
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2018, 08:04   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Its a 8-10 hours drive from bangalore. Here is my travelogue,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...thanjavur.html (A quick visit to Pamban Bridge (Rameswaram), Dhanushkodi & Thanjavur)
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 07:52   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update:

I was waiting for the information on Tax collected at source in October when I took the car. It is still not credited to IT department and all the queries to Nexa (Bimal) went on to say it will be done in January, it will be done in February and the last mail stated that the TCS information will be given to me beginning March.

This looks quite annoying, and I have a feeling the TCS collected at Bimal Nexa is being swindled and is still with them.

I will now give them a last chance in writing, and by 15/03/2018 I do not see that in my IT returns, I will raise the matter with IT department as to look into these practices by car dealerships, though citizens abide by the dictate, dealerships are swindling it
Quote:
I got in touch with Relationship Manager. I got a promise I will get the details of the TCS soon. I am currently giving them my earlier timeout till 15/03/2018. Let us see what pans out.

I have send them an email notice today, to revert back in a week. Failure of response from them, I will raise it directly with IT department on Bimal Nexa's methods.

Guys, if you know of any contacts at IT department, phone numbers or email, please do let me know.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 21:41   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Your S Cross grill seems to be in vogue.

Just unveiled Skoda's Vision X crossover concept,

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift-2018skodavisionxconcept1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 22:53   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

And an AMG too, who said SCross grill is not the in thing
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift-mercedesbenzmercedesamgglc634matic1700x720.jpg

Source internet
Old 8th March 2018, 13:54   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

I am surprised. In just 4 months, AC vents have started to smell. There seems to be more moisture present in the AC air, and thus enables faster mold growth. Civic never had this sort of issue, even after 10 years, probably Hondas have better engineering for the whole thing!!

Now have to get hold of a 3M AC vent cleaner. Never thought I would need it this fast

May be I will try home made fungus/mold prevention technique. White vinegar in water with a tinge of lemon.
Old 8th March 2018, 14:09   #161
BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised. In just 4 months, AC vents have started to smell.
I would suggest you to run the ac at highest temperature for few minutes before you switch off the car every time you use ac.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 20:51   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

The first adventure of Kungfu Panda is live. The tests I did in its first 2000Kms before I started this thread on ownership.

You can read about the trip and experience here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...a-yercaud.html
Old 9th March 2018, 18:40   #163
BHPian

@ Laluks

I can so relate to your review of the Scross. It is after going through your review, I had finalised my purchase of the Scross (albeit in the Zeta trim). The price point advantage that it carries over the Alpha variant is a big plus and Maruti should stick to this for a while.

I was looking out for a bigger car since Aug - Sep 2017 and had shortlisted a few contendors below:
a) Ford Ecosport -- rejected due to lack of leg space for the rear seat passangers.
b) Renault Duster -- Age has caught up with this one, and throwing in cosmetic changes won't help.
c) Renault Captur -- Renault dealer tried pushing this on over the Duster, but I for one found it very dull and unimpressive.
c) Honda WRV -- A very competent car, but ASS and ease of finding service centres in my hometown were a factor considered against buying one.
d) Hyundai Creta -- Too overpriced for the variant I wanted to buy

Come October 2017 and the Scross started appearing on the roads. I was a little confused with the 1.6L trim gone but went ahead with the test drive anyhow. Boy, was I in for a pleasant surprise. Without batting an eyelid, booked the car for Delivery around end Jan- early Feb 2018.

Having driven it for over a month and 2000+ kms now, I am one happy customer. Haven't felt the turbo lag, sluggishness etc in my ownership duration till date. Have completed 2 back to back Delhi - Shimla trips and the car has never disappointed.
The highway performance is a sheer joy and the mileage numbers impressive.

The only place I differ with you on your review though is the Sound quality of audio system. I for one have no complaints with it as in my opinion it is pretty fantastic. You just need ot hit the right nodes/equaliser effects to have it working to your liking.

Overall, the car is giving me a mileage of around 21-22 kmpl on the NH 1 / NH 22 road segments and around 17.5 - 18.5 kmpl in the maddening rush hour Delhi traffic. No complaints on that aspect.

Cheers and thank you for clearing a lot of misconceptions and enabling my buying decision to remain unflustered by the adverse noises elsewhere.

P.S. By the way, I have christened by car.. Grey Gorilla...

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift-img_20180211_163306.jpg
maverick.munish is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 18:49   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
@ Laluks

I can so relate to your review of the Scross. It is after going through your review, I had finalised my purchase of the Scross .....

The only place I differ with you on your review though is the Sound quality of audio system.

P.S. By the way, I have christened by car.. Grey Gorilla...
Thanks Munish, great to know the review was of help.

Regarding music system I was having an alpine system in my Civic for 10+ years and so used to it. So the SCross music system with any adjustments will fail to impress me, unfortunately.

Congrats on you acquiring Grey Gorilla.
Old 13th March 2018, 11:09   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have send them an email notice today, to revert back in a week. Failure of response from them, I will raise it directly with IT department on Bimal Nexa's methods.

Guys, if you know of any contacts at IT department, phone numbers or email, please do let me know.
Struggling to get a response from them on the TCS collected in October and its submission to IT dept. It really seems like unethical practices of swindling customers money.

Now I really need to escalate matters further