Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th December 2006, 22:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

The doors seem to close with a more reassuring sound than on the Swift. I still don't get the point of the new Zen Estilo, right after the new Wagon R. And a 10000 rpm tacho! Hah! Who are they kidding?!
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 22:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

10, 000 rpm???

Whats the redline???

I think wagonR too has 10k rpm... But the redline starts at 6500...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 22:58   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Boom, when the original Zen was out, its jellybean shape was unique at that point of time - hence the mixed feedback. The Estilo's design, au contraire, was seen on the Matiz and Wagon R already. Howver, I undoubdtedly believe that the Estilo will sell in high numbers from the start
Zen too had a hard time geting sales in the beggining cause of its grown up 800 looks...

Its only after some time that sales grew... But grew it did!!! And created a legend in itself...

MODS: Sorry... Accidently posted twice... Please delete if necessary... Sorry for the trouble..

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th December 2006 at 22:59.
Old 11th December 2006, 00:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Am i the only one who found the gears slick?
And I did feel its roomy.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 02:09   #20
BHPian

Thumbs up I ihad to buy one for my wife and ocassional shooping in the city

I saw only the website as I am out of India at the moment. T
The car is wonderful. If I had to buy one for my wife right now this would be it.

I loved the Electrically adjustable mirrors and 5 door lock , cup holders, and super silent AC. Really thoughtful of Maruti. Luxury without going for the C calss cars It's a perfect day car for the city to take to office or second car for the home.

Also Point to be noted is Maruti's willingness to give ABS and Airbag on such a low end model. Or is it sign of maturing indian mindset ( may be golden quadrilateral has some share in it)
Even after Begging Hundai and offering extra money they could not offer me one for my Getz GLX.

I would love to have the car in Automatic though. Seems such a wate adding so many convienience featurs and missing on Automatic.

In reviews I saw some complaints about gearbox being to rubbery. I hope Maruti sorts it out. The price _ 4.01 for Vxi seems a bit high though.
pranil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 10:43   #21
BHPian

Default Am impressed!!!

Checked out the Estilo over the weekend at Mandovi and there were all vxi models and it looks damn good. However looking at the leg space in the rear, I still feel the next logical upgrade for me would be swift in terms of space in the Maruti stable.

The rear leg space remains and the small width of rear seat makes in uncomfortable, So if I want to upgrade from my 800 it would be any value/comfort addition.

Having said that the being in the front seat feels really good and I would want to buy this car for that. This car has definitely creeped into my upgrade options list and could influence my wife to tilt the decision away from swift.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 12:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

With the same engine base / gearbox as alto/wagonR and almost same interior space, I feel estilo (I refuse to call it the zen) will simply cannibalise sales from them and in worst case scenario the model will flop. The old zen's engine and especially gearbox were really the best and it was a great handler, even on it's skimpy wheels. There is nothing really in the estilo.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 13:03   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil View Post
I would love to have the car in Automatic though. Seems such a wate adding so many convienience featurs and missing on Automatic.

In reviews I saw some complaints about gearbox being to rubbery. I hope Maruti sorts it out. The price _ 4.01 for Vxi seems a bit high though.
Automatics dont sell much in the budget car segment...

Less than 4pc of all the santros sold are automatics... (and it was one of the best auto box among the budget cars) (source: Autocarindia)
Old 11th December 2006, 17:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Am i the only one who found the gears slick?
And I did feel its roomy.
and if you felt roomy, who could really disagree ????
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 17:40   #25
BHPian

It's a different looking Wagon-R and nothing even close to the earlier Zen which had great character.

Feels too flimsy and toy like, especially after driving a Palio. Interiors are more cheerful,a/c controls could be better. The worst part is the gear shift, left me hunting for each gear. I wonder why the same company which can design such a delightful gearshift in a Swift let down the customer's with this.

ABS and airbags is a nice touch and very much appreciated.

No question that it will sell as the target customer is one who knows only 2 things Suzuki badge and "mileage"
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 18:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Feels too flimsy and toy like, especially after driving a Palio.
Most maruti's will feel the same after driving a Palio. Maruti small cars are about Fuel Average, everything else to be dammed.
P.S Did any one read the Autocar's What Car test to come up with the best small car for city. First was Santro then suprisingly the Indica Xeta, then the Wagon-R (yes the latest one).
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 18:56   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Most maruti's will feel the same after driving a Palio. Maruti small cars are about Fuel Average, everything else to be dammed.
P.S Did any one read the Autocar's What Car test to come up with the best small car for city. First was Santro then suprisingly the Indica Xeta, then the Wagon-R (yes the latest one).
Which month did that test take place???

Wasnt thet test between alto, indica xeta, and santro without ps???
Old 11th December 2006, 22:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Drive the Swift.... Its not about FE at all. It has a strong build, good pickup, good weight and excellent road grip (with good tyres). Palio... is a good car, but its almost invisible
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 23:28   #29
Team-BHP Support

Yet to get a first hand feel of the car but IMO it looks to close to a Matiz. Once the spark is launched they will probably end up looking like long-lost sisters, confusing people in the process Lol.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 03:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Palio... is a good car, but its almost invisible
invincible i thought. my question is between Wagon R and new zen you will go for which one and why. i am frankly quite disappointed to see two cars in nearly the same segment on same platform. was not zen so much fun to drive. another manufacure took the fun out from the car.
fight_club is offline   Reply With Quote