Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2006, 14:37   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 0 Times
Default any review on the aveo hatch??

Guys any review on the aveo hatch, every time i see a new car released, i would find the review here, or is no one interested about it??
venkatesh_t3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 22:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,945
Thanked: 16,632 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatesh_t3 View Post
Guys any review on the aveo hatch, every time i see a new car released, i would find the review here, or is no one interested about it??
And when has it been released???
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2006, 07:43   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Its pre launched for now, offcially being launched and delivery should start in couple of weeks.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2006, 11:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,945
Thanked: 16,632 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Its pre launched for now, offcially being launched and delivery should start in couple of weeks.

Regards,

Ravi.
Somethings i noticed from the site...

It has no ABS even in the top of the line model... its an option only for the top of the line model, while Swift gives ABS option with VXi and ABS and EBD standard with ZXi...

Max power is only 76 bhp compared to 87 for the Swift... Torque is also low at 110 compared to 113 Nm for the swift... And considering its 75 kgs more than the Swift VXi, performance could be much less...

well.. pricing seems good... Now, wonder what the mileage would be... If only, looks were as improved, like on the Aveo...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2006, 12:56   #5
BHPian
 
airfoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 305
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Here's a review, it dates back from 2004 and is of the 1.2 Kalos, a.k.a. the Aveo UV-A:

Chevrolet Kalos 1.2 : SMALL WONDER - Yahoo! Cars
airfoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2006, 13:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Somethings i noticed from the site...

It has no ABS even in the top of the line model... its an option only for the top of the line model, while Swift gives ABS option with VXi and ABS and EBD standard with ZXi...

Max power is only 76 bhp compared to 87 for the Swift... Torque is also low at 110 compared to 113 Nm for the swift... And considering its 75 kgs more than the Swift VXi, performance could be much less...

well.. pricing seems good... Now, wonder what the mileage would be... If only, looks were as improved, like on the Aveo...
its a 1.2 and swift is a 1.3 and hence
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 17:44   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The AVeo does come with ABS in the top end
Carbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 12:48   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
GeekSrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,279
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

venkatesh

pick up this months (jan 2007) autocar, it has a review of aveo hatch. to my surprise it has been given 8/10 when it fails basic euro ncap ratings. i guess its another VFM car, though interiors are drab and boring. also the mag has the new baleno review and stuff like that.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 13:18   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

GM took the 'small car' incentive by making the engine a 1.2 and the length less than 4000mm. This has enabled them a "Non-GM" pricing.
The swift with all its goodies has not fallen in the excise cut since the engine is a 1.3.
I'd still go for the swift anyday instead of the U VA!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 15:14   #10
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,945
Thanked: 16,632 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
venkatesh
pick up this months (jan 2007) autocar, it has a review of aveo hatch. to my surprise it has been given 8/10 when it fails basic euro ncap ratings. i guess its another VFM car, though interiors are drab and boring. also the mag has the new baleno review and stuff like that.
Its not a baleno review... Just some pics of chiense models and some spy pics too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbuff View Post
The AVeo does come with ABS in the top end
In the site, it is gievn ABS as option for the top- end model, and not standard
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 15:25   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
adya33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,839
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

January issue of Top Gear India has comparison between Aveo U-VA, Swift and Getz where U-VA is chosen as winner.
The article says although not great in straight line U-VA makes up for it in ride quality, handling and spaciousness.

Though I won't make my mind based on this small comparison.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 15:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,945
Thanked: 16,632 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33 View Post
January issue of Top Gear India has comparison between Aveo U-VA, Swift and Getz where U-VA is chosen as winner.
The article says although not great in straight line U-VA makes up for it in ride quality, handling and spaciousness.

Though I won't make my mind based on this small comparison.
What about design, engine and performance, transmission, fuel efficiency???

Can yu give that details too???
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 15:57   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
adya33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,839
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What about design, engine and performance, transmission, fuel efficiency???

Can yu give that details too???
TGI folks are in love with Aveo U-VA's design and rightfully so.
The article says that engine feels underpowered but gear shift is very good.
The seating position is higher than compared to Swift and Getz.

For performance, 0 to 100 KMPH comes in 16.8 seconds with fuel efficiency mentioned as 13.3 KPL.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From a hot hatch to a HOTTER hatch : A pre-worshipped '02 Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX swiftnfurious Long-Term Ownership Reviews 70 13th July 2017 10:35
Aveo vs Verna EDIT: Bought Aveo an10 Sedans 82 8th April 2008 17:01
is pulsar any model any version WORTH BUYING??? mrstyx Motorbikes 119 2nd February 2008 18:45
Wanted: R13 Tubeless used tyres for cheap: Any brand any size >= 185 IronWolf Shifting gears 28 20th July 2007 21:06
Aveo hatch? prabuddhadg The Indian Car Scene 33 28th December 2006 11:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks