Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th April 2007, 12:11   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh711 View Post
Sorry to bump this thread...

Can someone answer my query...

The first free service on my Indica Turbo is only at 5000 kms.. Is that correct? or does the Indica diesel engine not require first service very early..
That is correct. My Indica too will go for its first service soon (in 10 days or so) for the 5k service.
I don't know the reason why petrol cars have their first service at 1.5k or 2k where as Indica has it at 5k.

May be it is a good thing considering that most service stations do nothing other than wash in the 1.5k service for petrol models.
deep_bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2007, 13:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest atleast an oil change after the first 1000 kms.
Of course, oil filter should be changed too.
Then, ur second oil change can be at the 5000km(1st change).
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2007, 15:16   #63
BHPian

Thanks Zappo. I guess how cool is cool depends does on the individual, as you said. Thanks for the information.
Btw, when you said the belts showed effect of the heat, what did you mean by it? Does it mean that the Indica Turbo cannot take a 12 hrs continous drive?
DriverR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 14:04   #64
BHPian

Hi all,

In my recent trip to Coorg from Chennai via Bangalore, I tested my Indica Turbo to quite some high speeds, took it till 135 kmph. I noticed a problem where the steering wheel started vibrating quite harshly after 105kmph. It felt alright under that speed, but always when I went over 105 it started vibrating and shaking again. Has anyone experienced this in their Turbo's? or it something specific to my car?

Thanks
Saurabh
saurabh711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 14:14   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh711 View Post
I noticed a problem where the steering wheel started vibrating quite harshly after 105kmph. It felt alright under that speed, but always when I went over 105 it started vibrating and shaking again. Has anyone experienced this in their Turbo's? or it something specific to my car?

Thanks
Saurabh
It's specific to your car. The wheels balancing is out, get all 4 wheels balanced at any good tyre shop & the problem should go away.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 14:48   #66
Team-BHP Support

Saurabh, it looks specific to your car. I took the turbo to Goa and back from Hyderabad. So many times we touched 130+ speeds. And yet the car was flying in the sense that those at the back slept from time to time without realizing the speed at which we were gliding along. Ok, so the roads were super smooth and wide. However even on a not so smooth a road the car may transfer the road irregularities into the cabin. But the steering vibrations are irregular. As rags says, get your alignment and balancing done.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 14:54   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Btw, when you said the belts showed effect of the heat, what did you mean by it? Does it mean that the Indica Turbo cannot take a 12 hrs continous drive?
No. What it means is that continuous drive at very high speeds for 12 hrs+ when the searing heat outside is burning things down can be treacherous for many a car. Bijapur and the countryside nearby can get very hot during the afternoon. I think it was around 42degs outside and thats really hot. With 4 people on board, AC running continuously and the car doing 120-130kmph miles after miles after miles it does get a bit too much for the ancilliary rubber parts, belts etc.

It is wiser to take breaks in between on such journeys. We did that at Bijapur when we halted for an hour at 1pm and kept the hood open for the things to cool down. Thereafter we again kept running till 8pm in the evening, till we reached Hyderabad. No problems whatsoever.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2008, 00:24   #68
BHPian

I own an Indica turbo DLG 2006, as soon as i brought the car i replaced the horn, with Roots vibrosonic. though the manual says there is space for extra fitment horns , it is a lie. Secondly , I was charged Rs 650 as labor ( relay & wire Rs 90) at TATA (Automatrix Udupi)
After about six months I got my fog lamp(left) replaced AT TASS (Automatrix )as the glass was broken. (Rs 1250 + 350 labour) I went to them because i thought I would get original fitment (Best quality???? ), but water started to seep inside the light right from the first day. the same light outside would have costed Rs 600 per pair TATA has one of the worst service
manipal is offline   Reply With Quote