Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th March 2009, 12:24   #31
Team-BHP Support

Anyway, we're going way off the track. This thread was/is for SRV test drive.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:19   #32

Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
This might not be the case as always since i know a couple of friends whose cars look as good as new even after 2 yrs of purchase. Also its interesting to note that you are from chennai. Arent vehicles around coastal belts anyways prone to metal corososion . Also case in example is another entry below yours by docap also has complained of rusting and he is also from mangalore another coastal area. Could this be the issue rather than with the car. I have been in chennai and my car too started rusting after 8 years of purchase and since i have shifted from there and moved to bangalore, i havent observed that issue.
This is not our only car we own and run in Chennai. We haven't faced such decaying in our other cars. Further I can understand if the car got rusted after 8 years as said in case of Rotorhead. It is barely 1.5 years old when we reported the problem to GM rep and dealer, though the problem might have started much earlier.

As this thread comes under category Test Drives and Initial Ownership Reports I though it is appropriate to share the same.
Kannan_Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:11   #33
Team-BHP Support

I remember someone else mentioning on the forum that his Optra's doors corroded within a very short while. GM carried out repairs free of cost.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 01:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Gm in Ahmedabad is very good in service and support. I have seen the salesperson's quality go down with time though. The pretty girls are nowhere to be seen. :P

But service is up there with the best.

Its surprising tosee this thread still up.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote