Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th March 2007, 17:08   #1

Thumbs up Swift Lxi Ownership Review after 1200 KM

Hi,

I booked Swift Lxi on 1st Feb 2007 and took delivery of the car on 16th Feb 2007 (it was my B'day and Mahashivratri too!!) from Bagga Link Motors, Patparganj, Delhi. The service from the dealer was very impressive, its my second car from the same dealer. I have got the front-power windows (Autocop) installed by the dealer only.

I was researching on hatch-backs for quiet sometime, especially between Getz and Swift. Team-BHP too played a very important role in my research and I thank you all!

I have driven around 1200 kms, so far the performance of the car has been really impressive. My previous car was Maruti 800 DX, well itís a big change in-terms of size, comfort, power etc. Primarily I was looking for more space inside and comfort off course for my family this time and since my budget was of 4 lacs so Swift came out to be the car for my family!

Engine (5/5)

The engine is really smooth and silent that its hard to notice that its running. Infact it happened with me on couple of occasions that on the red light I could not make out if the engine was "on" or not. Pick up is really great - one reaches 60 kmph in no time!!

Gear Box (5/5)

Gearing is really smooth and the clutching too. While shifting to back-gear, it does take some effort but the MUL guys told me that it will get smooth with time - so no hurrying there.

Fuel Efficiency (5/5)

FE is pretty satisfying till now - I am getting around 15 kmpl which I guess is pretty good. MUL guys tells me that after the 3rd service I will improve further.
Over all me and my family is very happy with Swift - enjoying every kilometer SWIFTLY!!!!
rupesh_mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 17:27   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupesh_mathur View Post
I have got the front-power windows (Autocop) installed by the dealer only.
Congrats !
how much did it cost you ?
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 17:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your new Swift. Do post some pictures of your car here. 15kmpl is quite impressive. Which fuel your using?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 14:33   #4
Team-BHP Support

Rupesh, congrats on your Swift. Quite a nice car. U seem to be extremely pleased with the car, as per your ratings on the various parameters u have mentioned. You havent mentioned what color your car is.

Happy Motoring.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 14:52   #5

Rs. 6,200/- (approx), I don't remember the exact figure
Old 13th March 2007, 14:53   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on your new Swift. Do post some pictures of your car here. 15kmpl is quite impressive. Which fuel your using?
I am using normal fuel only.
Old 13th March 2007, 15:02   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupesh_mathur View Post
I am using normal fuel only.
Thats great. And which one? HP, BP etc?
Old 13th March 2007, 15:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Rupesh, congrats on your Swift. Quite a nice car. U seem to be extremely pleased with the car, as per your ratings on the various parameters u have mentioned. You havent mentioned what color your car is.

Happy Motoring.
Well I personally wanted to have a white swift but rest of the family members voted for silver color...so I was in minority you see
Old 13th March 2007, 15:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats great. And which one? HP, BP etc?
We have couple of Indian Oil vendors around my area. Kindly suggest which vendors should be picked for good quality petrol?
Old 26th March 2007, 15:49   #10
BHPian

Hi rupesh ?? I have heard that swift return on a an average 8-9 kmpl . Then how come urs is returnign 15 kmpl . Are these with or without a/c on ??
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 16:15   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hi rupesh ?? I have heard that swift return on a an average 8-9 kmpl . Then how come urs is returnign 15 kmpl . Are these with or without a/c on ??
never heard a swift petrol gives this low FE. Lowest i heard is 11kmpl. And, ofcourse 15kmpl is quite rare, i agree.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:17   #12
Team-BHP Support

Mobike has a point there. Lowest my friends who own Swifts told me was around 11. Place in question here is Bangalore.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 16:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
your may source may not have calculated properly.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 17:30   #14
BHPian

Hmm Maybe , 7-8 was too low a mileage anyway !! So what is the common consensus of the mileage ?? Also this may sound a bit stupid but as there are versions in a software ( where bugs and other fixes are updated ) do we also have versions in cars ?? I mean maybe the swift I am talking about is an older version as compared to the new swift which rupesh bought ?? The swift i am talking about is 1 year old .
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 14:12   #15

Quote:
Mostly without a/c. I am really surprise to know that Swift's average can be as low as 8-9kmpl - a lot depends upon the driving skills and the kind of traffic too!!