Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 23:15   #181
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
LOL, these Gurkhas are almost like Ferraris. So rare and exclusive that the enthusiasts know who bought what.
well, thats the greatest compliment that an Indian nepali regiment can get.
Old 20th November 2007, 23:25   #182
Senior - BHPian

Indian nepali
How can Indian be Nepali and Nepali be Indian

Mpower - Gurkhas are not like Ferraris, they are more rare then that, something like the SSC Thrust

Samurai - We are waiting with baited breath.
Old 21st November 2007, 00:55   #183
Team-BHP Support

Here is the much awaited report: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-road-too.html

Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
How can Indian be Nepali and Nepali be Indian
Nepali is a community, not citizenship. Most Sikkim natives are Nepalis, also known as Gurkhas. So all Nepali/Gurkha of Indian origin are Indians.

Closing this thread now.
Old 3rd October 2016, 21:00   #184
Default Trax Deluxe: Short Drive

Hi all, this is my first review on Team Bhp.

I happened to visit Hyderabad a few days ago for a function and my family friend who runs a taxi service wanted to buy the Trax Deluxe and invited me along to test the vehicle and here is a short review:

Looks just like a regular Trax save for the round headlights, wheel caps and an exclusive White Paint and a power steering sticker that was already peeling off. The decals also scream Deluxe. But, it still retains the 1 BHK size of the Trax and has the same aerodynamic capability of a brick.

One word: Horrible. Badly fitting panels, poor plastic quality, and weird ergonomics. The steering wheel positioning is like a truck and is poorly made. I couldn't spot a single panel that fitted well. Also, the surprising bit was the odometer which has 970 kilometers. I was told it was driven all the way from Pithampur in Indore where it is manufactured. I mean, which company does it today?? I have seen Tata Motors transporting the Starbus Ultra on trailers and here is a company that drives and delivers it's products.
It was a 12+D model with inertia seatbelts for the front two buckets only. A Subros AC is provided for the front and last row passengers. Very simple controls with 3 speeds and a on off button. The rear AC is like the old Tata Safari in its mounting and definitely not desirable. It accommodates 12 with ease but luggage has to go on a carrier on the roof top.

Driving Experience:
I was told this comes with the Traveller 2.6 Mercedes engine. It was very smooth and pick up was superb. The gear lever was vibrating a lot and the transmission was notchy and rubbery. Nit to mention the weird pattern as well.
The engine has to be the best part about the vehicle and pulls well without fuss even with the AC on.
The ride was decent but handling was so so due to the brick like shape. Brakes were also good. I was told ABS is an option.

The price is quite high for it. It comes to 9.5 OTR Hyderabad which is higher than the Bolero and stretching the budget a bit could get one a Scorpio that is a better SUV and even the Xylo can be had for a similar or slightly higher price.
MadiMaama is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread