Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th May 2007, 20:19   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Driving is not all about 0 - 100 times, if it were so Honda would never have discoutinued the good Old Vtec.
BUSA, Honda has never discontinued Vtec, the NHC ZX Vtec is very much available for all performance enthusiasts!
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 20:20   #242
Senior - BHPian

SX4 is a good car for that price, but over all its not value buy at least for guys who need quliaty, its just another Swift by MUL where to look at (look/price/features) it appears great package but when you really dig into it its disappointment.

FE should be around 10kmpl, few guys might get 12 but definately in congested city it won't give more than 10.

For that price its good if you neglect quality! Honda knows this factor very much so they have confidence with NHC and no need to come down with price/discounts.

Takers of NHC and takers of SX4 are people with different mind/expectations. so both the cars will be different class all together.

Once can compare SX4 with Indigo/Verna/Fiesta/Logan not NHC!

MUL is trying to compare SX4 with NHC because they know Indian marketing strategy very well

This battle is like Swift (SX4) and Getz (NHC). But its sedan segment not hatch!

With respect to Hatch Price matters but with respect to Sedan its quality and long term reliability maters a lot!

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 20:43   #243
BHPian

Ravi, you do expect a lot of flame for that!

I think we should start a different thread for NHC vs SX4 and vent all feelings there. Regarding which one is good, I dont want to comment until I drive SX4 and hear some long term reviews. But onething I can say for sure is that SX4 is surely going to affect the sales of NHC, atleast until Honda comes with a revised NHC, maybe an Zxi version.

Separating target customers for NHC and SX4, or between any competing models, is not as easy as you say. There will always be an overlap. And more of those fence sitters may decide in favour of SX4, due to various factors including Maruti's mktg ability, reach across the country, and good will. Anyway, lets wait for the sales figures of May...
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 21:02   #244
BHPian

Took a test drive of SX4... Boy, what a disappointment! The magic of Baleno's 3rd gear is woefully missing in SX4. The city drive of SX4 is not the same as the city cruise of Baleno. Baleno owners: Hold on to your machines... SX4 is like KBC with SRK while Baleno is the original KBC with AB!

SX4 is popularly spec-ed and will certainly be popular to masses, but Baleno was for connoisseurs. Thank God, Maruti did not call the Kabuki a Baleno SX4!

Last edited by msprabhakar : 12th May 2007 at 21:03.
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 21:05   #245
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
This battle is like Swift (SX4) and Getz (NHC). .
if u take it that way, we all know the winner in advance !
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 21:11   #246
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar View Post
Took a test drive of SX4... Boy, what a disappointment! The magic of Baleno's 3rd gear is woefully missing in SX4. The city drive of SX4 is not the same as the city cruise of Baleno. Baleno owners: Hold on to your machines... SX4 is like KBC with SRK while Baleno is the original KBC with AB!

SX4 is popularly spec-ed and will certainly be popular to masses, but Baleno was for connoisseurs. Thank God, Maruti did not call the Kabuki a Baleno SX4!
here begins the debate b/w OMB & NMB ,similar to the likes of OHC & NHC.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 21:14   #247
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT, but
Excuse me Mr. Ravi Bhat, but do you have any first hand experience with the SX4. I can see your bias against Maruti Suzuki cars all over the forum. You seem to jump to conclusions too early. FE, quality, etc. i think you should rather reserve your comments till you actually have some kind of association with the car.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 21:45   #248
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Overall better than Baleno

HI all. I am new to this place.
We today went to test drive(TD) the New SX4. Now we own a BalenoVXi (Oct 2005), and i know driving. Yes its true that Baleno is fun. But the SX4 came to me as a real surprise. The interiors are much better than Baleno, space is more but not a significant increase.

I noticed a few things:
1) Much better interiors than Baleno.
2) Better ride quality on bad roads of Vadodara.
3) AC is as good as Baleno, we tested the car at around 3p.m.
4) The handling is really good, but it does not mean that Baleno's is bad, but slightly better than Baleno.
5) Engine. Now the engine is better than baleno, but the weight kills the advantage. The enigne has more torque than Balneo, but the car is slower than Baleno in )-100. But still i feel it is quite a capable performer for city and long highway tours. The engine has the power to make the car go really fast. Its better than idsi but slightly slower than Vtec, but not slow, enough to let city command around 2 lakh rs.(Vtec) premium.
6)FE, of course we didnt measure it, but the salesman says, its as good as baleno in Vadodara so others in Megacities, FE is Baleno - 1.5or 2kmpl.

So the conclusion is:
If you want a driver's car, Baleno was better. Now if you are looking for driver's car, Fiesta is better.
But if you want an excellent overall package SX4 is better than Honda City(Present Generation), Fiesta, Verna.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 22:05   #249
Senior - BHPian

You are right NBR, I know in India SX4 is winner like how Swift created records!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th May 2007, 22:13   #250
Senior - BHPian

I trust and respect MUL for producing great economy cars in India for public, but my debate is one can't compare MUL cars with Honda/Toyota/GM/Fiat.

The reason there is big difference in terms of technology/quality between MUL and Honda/Toyota/GM/Fiat cars.

Like how Swift deserves cheap rate than Getz, SX4 deserves it compared with its compitators.

Anyway more news I got about SX4 even with 16 inch tyres MUL is going to manage slightly better FE compared with Petra/Adventure/Fiesta/Indigo/Aveo in city/highway conditions.

However I don't have experience with SX4 wrt FE. In couple of months we will know actual figure!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th May 2007, 22:22   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I trust and respect MUL for producing great economy cars in India for public, but my debate is one can't compare MUL cars with Honda/Toyota/GM/Fiat.

The reason there is big difference in terms of technology/quality between MUL and Honda/Toyota/GM/Fiat cars.

Like how Swift deserves cheap rate than Getz, SX4 deserves it compared with its compitators.

Anyway more news I got about SX4 even with 16 inch tyres MUL is going to manage slightly better FE compared with Petra/Adventure/Fiesta/Indigo/Aveo in city/highway conditions.

However I don't have experience with SX4 wrt FE. In couple of months we will know actual figure!

Regards,

Ravi.
Have you driven Swift and Getz??? Getz is outright sluggish. You also have to thank Swift, as only after Swift Getz's price was reduce. In any case the cannibalization of Getz shows that ppl of your opinion are of minority. Maruti has proven that it is the only manf that can deliver both on goods and price..
Of course there may be products that dont do well compared to competitors. Having said that SX4 is better than its competition like Fiesta, Verna petrol, Aveo etc. On some fronts its even better than City and would of course set the standard in this segment for equipment levels.

Now where did you get the fact that Suzuki engines are worse than GM (spelt Optras korean???) Have you driven Optra? Dude Suzuki engines and technology is quite good and at least now you cant complain its not the latest technology engine.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 22:34   #252
Team-BHP Support

Just as a comparison guys I was there at a hyundai showroo vernas pricingm today and had a look at the verna's pricing.

The top end XXi is priced at 8.17L. this has climate control but no ABS and airbags.

When i asked the guys how they were planning on selling any petrol vernas with the SX4 priced at 8.16L for the ZXi, when their car had neither airbags or ABS. I got the most amusing reply. It seems Hyundai doesnt provide airbags as it is dangerous if the airbag where to deploy if a bike hits you in the front. i tried telling the guy that the airbags sensor are not on the bumper they are deeper inside so it's not easy to deploy them so easily. LOL!!!

also they claim their engines are better than the SX4 M16 which is a marketing gimmick since they dont even have VVTi and the Verna come with VTVT. LOL!!!

Love the marketing guys. Has anyone noticed that the Maruti sales guys never push their cars or market them in a silly manner. they just let the cars do the talking. Whereas hyundai is the opposite.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 22:45   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Has anyone noticed that the Maruti sales guys never push their cars or market them in a silly manner. they just let the cars do the talking. Whereas hyundai is the opposite.
Don't bet on that pal, I can write in detail how Maruti sales guys chased me to buy the Zen, what you said is true for Fiat Salesman, after I test drove the Palio & they never bothered to call back to know if I am keen to buy the Car, infact I had to chase them to book & deliver the Car!
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 22:57   #254
Team-BHP Support

LOL!! dude, I'm not talking of the follow up part after you go see the car. I'm talking of the silly statements like sir our car doesnt have ABS as you dont need it in city traffic, or why dont you have automatic antenna for radio why should i wind it up by putting window down? their reply sir noone listens to radio now it's all mp3 you know.

Besides if the fiat guys dint call you, it shows poor salesmanship and poor customer service from their side.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 23:05   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar View Post
Baleno owners: Hold on to your machines... SX4 is like KBC with SRK while Baleno is the original KBC with AB!
OT, but some of us think that SRK's KBC is much better than AB's.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote