Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th May 2007, 12:06   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A very small percentage of Indian cars are true 5 seaters. The rest are 4 = comfortable and 5 = squeeze.
And few sedans that come to my mind are Opel Astra, Tata Indigo and Mahindra Logan.
We used to do a lot of 5 people in Opel Astra and it was as comfy as heaven. Legroom was great too.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 13:05   #272
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
BUSA, Honda has never discontinued Vtec, the NHC ZX Vtec is very much available for all performance enthusiasts!
I am talking about the OHC which was a more involving FTD car then the NHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Driving is not all about 0 - 100 times, if it were so Honda would never have discoutinued the good Old Vtec.
Quote:
Honda knows this factor very much so they have confidence with NHC and no need to come down with price/discounts
Honda quality is not what it used to be.

Quote:
Love the marketing guys. Has anyone noticed that the Maruti sales guys never push their cars or market them in a silly manner. they just let the cars do the talking. Whereas hyundai is the opposite.
LOL, ya. MULs main marketting is in the FE and the pricing(VFM), wheras the Verna with VTVT is still slower then the SX4

Quote:
Have you driven Optra?
Have you driven it Aseem? The torque on the car is a gem.

Quote:
after I test drove the Palio & they never bothered to call back to know if I am keen to buy the Car, infact I had to chase them to book & deliver the Car!
No wonder Fiat A.S.S is known to be so bad. You cant have such lousy salesman if you want to be a successful dealership/car manufacturer.

Quote:
like sir our car doesnt have ABS as you dont need it in city traffic
Thats what MUL told me when i wanted Swift VDi with ABS and it was taking time.

Quote:
Glass Anternna
When you switch on the defogger, the antenna stop working.

Quote:
And few sedans that come to my mind are Opel Astra, Tata Indigo and Mahindra Logan.
We used to do a lot of 5 people in Opel Astra and it was as comfy as heaven. Legroom was great too.
Add Optra & Sonata to that list.

Last edited by BUSA : 13th May 2007 at 13:22.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 13:54   #273
Senior - BHPian

OT... I have driven an Optra Busa... and its not a car that is on my radar with a budget of 9 lakhs. I am contemplating between SX4 and Corolla and that probably says a lot about how I felt about Optra. The korean engine and gearbox of Optra are nothing to write home about.

In any case, coming back to the topic, I will be going with my dad today to test drive SX4 again as dad is against taking a loan and wants to buy a car cash down. So lets see how he likes it.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 15:22   #274
BHPian

Default even skoda does not seem good for 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A very small percentage of Indian cars are true 5 seaters. The rest are 4 = comfortable and 5 = squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well said, I heard similar comment even w.r.t Skoda. Was surprised a little bit as I thought it is wide enough.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 16:49   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Honda quality is not what it used to be.
If you're talking about interior quality, it's the other way round. The first gen OHCs had pathetic interiors. The type 2 OHCs were slightly better, but only slightly. The NHCs have great interiors.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 20:00   #276
BANNED

I also drove it this weekend... it is not near to comparison in driving comfort to NHC... i was eager to go and make a comparison... ahh reliefed... it is still a Maruti... no good not near to Honda
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 20:06   #277
Senior - BHPian

i was in the sx4 one more time this time sitting at the rear seat. this is surely a 4 people car at most you can add one little baby for the middle seat at rear nothing more. during the test drive the car was driven on even and broken tarmac, the suspension is stiff, but does the job well. if the road is too harsh however wonder how it might perform. still satisfied about it.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 20:10   #278
HSV
BHPian

I took a short test drive yesterday - Zxi (w/o Leather). I found the interiors pretty good. Loved the integrated music system on the dash. Specifically loved the joystick tyoe ORVM controller. The tyres were huge and really gave the car great handling. High driving stance gave it an SUV like appeal.

However one thing it lacked was the kick in the back type pickup. It had a very refined and smooth pick up. Not that jerky vroom.

Overall I have to say that at the price its being offered its a great VFM package. If an automatic was to be available as an option (dunno when) it'll eat the competition away.

BTW, it had great legroom in the rear. I thought the Indigo was spacious, but this one just blows it away in terms of rear legroom space.

Last edited by HSV : 13th May 2007 at 20:11. Reason: forgot to mention another point...
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 20:22   #279
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I do hope all of you comparing about the engine performance do realize that these are brand new engines which are yet to be run-in and tested .. I do believe that the engine should free up a bit , before you all come to conclusions ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 22:20   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
BTW, it had great legroom in the rear.
I'm puzzled...everyone else seems to think the rear seating is barely sufficient for 2 adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
I also drove it this weekend... it is not near to comparison in driving comfort to NHC... i was eager to go and make a comparison... ahh reliefed... it is still a Maruti... no good not near to Honda
Why would you be "reliefed"? Isnt that a very crabby kind of behaviour?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 22:39   #281
BHPian

anyone here found the EPS power steering a bit fidgety at higher speeds?
pow3r2dawh33ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 22:42   #282
Team-BHP Support

Without sounding like a Maruti infomercial, it can be said that SX4 owners are not going to look beyond a Maruti moving forward. With the SX4, Maruti's fire power vs Competition's might translates to Abrams MBT vs cycle.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 22:52   #283

Today had a test drive of sx4.
Here are my observations
1)The vehicle has a solid built
2)Good ground clearance,a practicality necessary for our pot holed roads
3)Decent slick and sporty interiors
4)Every aspect of the vehicle screamed value for money
5)More than what u could expect from a vehicle at this price point.(In fact the international pricing is quite close to this).
6)Mini Suv like feel inside and a good view of the road.
7)Rear legroom is just sufficient and nothing to write home about.
8)It is a 4 seater cos 5 people cannot sit comfortably.

Now let me come to the worst part
While waiting for the test drive we took a test drive of swift diesel.It is a very responsive vehicle and seems quite refined.I was expecting sx4 to be more responsive.This was a huge turn off.Infact 4 or 5 of us took the test drive and everybody was of the opinion that the vehicle seemed grossly underpowered.This came as a surprise cos on paper it boasts of 104 bhp.But i wonder where the remaining horses are hiding.The drive was quite refined and handling was quite good.But body roll is there,but that was expected of a car with such a tall stance and had suv ish characteristics.But let me tell u the test drive vehicle i drove lacked grunt.It simply wasnt eager.Seemed too lazy and sluggish.The rpm meter wasnt eager either.Either this is a problem with test drive vehicle at pradham motors or else the sx4 is an underperformer.I am not at all impressed with the performance.My lancer performs better i guess.I stamped hard on the gas pedal as much as i could but the vehicle wouldnt give me any kind of adrenaline rush.I dont think this is an enthusiastic vehicle.I used to bash my friend who bought honda city and criticised him for going for it.But after the test drive he said his honda city performs better.Dunno if the vehcile had some proble..I had test drive at pradham motors on outer ring road.The test drive was big let down for all of us.And the only relief was to go to hyundai for a verna test drive.I had hated this vehicle for its looks.But after sx4 test drive i am starting to love the hyundai.
Ghostwhodrives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 23:09   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
How many of you saying the NHC is crappy actually own one? I dont think many....the NHC is a great car. It wont be so easy to de-throne honda.

Drifter
Would u expect the owners to call the car they own, crappy?? They wouldnt buy it in the first place!! IMHO, NHC the only car which is NOT an improvement over its older version (OHC). Look at the number of die-hard OHC fans Vs NHC fans and u'll know what I am talking about.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 23:16   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Specifically loved the joystick tyoe ORVM controller.
Is that something like the one that comes in the fiesta or is it different ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote