Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th May 2007, 13:10   #316
Senior - BHPian

The car is frighteningly TALL!. And , the 'side view' made me nauseous!....
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 13:10   #317
BHPian

the rear seat is raised in sx4 coz Maurti claims it as a theatre vision seating.. so that ppl at the back can clearly see the road...
prakasse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 13:50   #318

Arrow fuel efficency

will sx4 be able to deliver a FE of 12-13-14 in city (with ac ) really curious abt it . thnkng to buy one any advice
skeitzranez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 14:29   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
the rear seat is raised in sx4 coz Maurti claims it as a theatre vision seating.. so that ppl at the back can clearly see the road...
Why would the person sitting at the back would like to have a clear vision of the road ? During night travels, the rear seat passengers will get disturbed(eye strain) due to headlights of oncoming vehicles.

Can someone explain the advantages of theatre vision seating ?

-Elan
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 14:52   #320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The sales rep told me about some rule that Maruti had where he had to drive for some time so the customer gets a feel of the ride and can understand what it feels like to be a passenger. Its a stupid rule and I havent ever heard of it before buit it did give me a feel of what it would be like sitting at the back.
I guess something of this kind does exist. When me and bro went for a TD on the Swift D we were initially not allowed to drive, but asked to have a feel of the seating at the rear.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th May 2007 at 14:54.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 15:03   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
Can someone explain the advantages of theatre vision seating ?

-Elan
maybe you need not go to the movies anymore ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I guess something of this kind does exist. When me and bro went for a TD on the Swift D we were initially not allowed to drive, but asked to have a feel of the seating at the rear.
Sounds like a good practice to me.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 15:15   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Mcl you noticed the airbox, positioon of the air filter. It seems to right on top of the engine.
Swift aswell has the same kind of air box. need to do some plumbing to plonk in a performnce air filter. Another thing i noticed.. why is the ECM exposed??
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 15:18   #323
Team-BHP Support

yup even the wiring was exposed at the back of the ECU. funny to see all the wires coming out and not wrapped in a shroud of some sort.

Saw that ECU was denso. and I guess it isnt exactly exposed and is hermetically sealed pretty well from the elements.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 19:13   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
After reading so many reviews of SX4 by different people, I am just wondering how much money did Maruti pay to NDTV to say so many good things about AC, rear seats etc in one of there Auto Show.

Saw the review on NDTV yesterday and could notice so many difference in opinions between them and our fellow BHPIANS
GD
i have a very strong bias towards the autoshow on CNBC rather than the NDTV shoddy show... i fully agree to this diff in opinion of BHPIANS against the review as on NDTV.. infact, the review on Logaan on NDTV was also like canvassing show for manufacturer rather than being informative to the viewers
pooshnark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 21:09   #325
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of the sx4 at ratan motors chembur today.The car had clocked 550 km by now.
The interiors are way better than the older baleno.Started the car seemed good with no vibrations
Floored her in 2nd gear on the highway and was way too disappointed with the power out.Although it did touch 100 in 2nd gear the engine was too loud+at a certain rpm band between 3500 to 4000 there seemed a lag of power and not like the kickass pickup u would expect from a 102 bhp car
Exterior wise its way better than the verna.The boot is just too big and the 16 inchers with 205 profile tyres look amazing
The suspension is good and damps the bad roads quite well.
The driving postions felt like i was the king of the road.The gearbox felt a little notchy and engaging 1st gear was kinda hard
Went to a hyundai showroom right after test driving the sx4 and boy o boy the verna just did not appeal to me.They did not have a test drive vehicle at hand so could not test drive it
Although i think sx4 is way better vfm than the verna
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 21:21   #326
Senior - BHPian

Here is an excellent Review of SX4 and comparo with NHC by Bijoy @ BS Motoring:
Top Story - SX4 the City - Business Standard Motoring

He has given thumbs up to SX4 for its Safety features, Interiors and Ride & Handling!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 21:24   #327
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
went and saw the car today at Sah and Sanghi.
they had a VXi on Display.
Just before entering the showroom, they had a TD ZXi parked.
Here are my views on the car (I did not TD one. Not yet 18)
Looks -
The car is ugly. Some of the features are nice (such as the headlamps) but as a whole, the car has been executed quite poorly (mainly thanks to the GC and the quarter glass in front). Even my driver commented on the looks of the car (I would have posted them here but I would not want to use such language on a public forum).
I would give it a 7/10.
Interiors -
I loved the design but there were a few aspects which were really dissapointing.
The main was the quality of a few bits such as the door panels. They look and feel really cheap. But the plastics used on the dashboard were better.
A few good things were the height of the seats.
Rear was quite spacious and two 6 footers could sit behind one-another.
However, there is no space for a third person and no point in blaming the armrest. The armrest is really skinny and even without the armrest, 3 people would be a huge squeeze.
Again a 7/10
Engine and Performance
Didn't drive it but have not heard good things on T-BHP.
Ride and Handling
Not driven it.
Sorry once again.

Overall, i really wasn't as fond of the car. It wasn't as i expected it to be.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 22:35   #328

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
And what ... do some back-seat driving ???
unknown_entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 23:09   #329
BHPian

Thanks Finneyp that was a good article
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 03:51   #330
Senior - BHPian

Well, I predicted a 12.5 run to 100, and BSM timed it at 12.6. Maybe I should lend myself out as a VBOX or something!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote