Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th May 2007, 09:09   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
Why would the person sitting at the back would like to have a clear vision of the road ? During night travels, the rear seat passengers will get disturbed(eye strain) due to headlights of oncoming vehicles.

Can someone explain the advantages of theatre vision seating ?

-Elan
If the driver dozes off during long drives then it does help if the rear passengers have a clear vision of the road.
Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 10:48   #332
BHPian

I had this question everytime I see SX4 on ads.
Why should someone design a car with a great ground clearance and then add side skirts for aesthetics!
Rocky_Balboa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 11:57   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
I had this question everytime I see SX4 on ads.
Why should someone design a car with a great ground clearance and then add side skirts for aesthetics!
The SX4 sedan is designed by modifying the SX4 (SUV/hatch) platform which use to have a high GC and they couldn't avoid taking that attribute.
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 13:10   #334
BHPian

Hi all!

The integrated music system in ZXi is a four channel. That means you cant add a sub to it???
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 13:27   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Well, I predicted a 12.5 run to 100, and BSM timed it at 12.6. Maybe I should lend myself out as a VBOX or something!
Wait till you see ACI timing it @11.7 and OD doing it in 13.4
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 16:05   #336
BHPian

Just came back from XS4 ZXI test drive. I went for test droive with so much enthu and reading all the reviews from all bhpians. But the experience felt was not good. Let me give some details.

The team from autodealer arrived 4 hrs late. They came with Red test drive vehical.

Exteriors: Ther biggest attarction was tire size, they really looks good and gives nice feeling. The car looks long and taller than their counter parts 9 i am not considering Ciorolla).

Interiors: The driver seat gives good feeling because of high driving position as compared to ZEN ( i am driving fro last 5 yrs). The joystick to adjust the side mirrors is nice feature. Back seat is not good enough for 3 passangers because of arm rest thay have . It is not woth buy if you are thinking for 3 passanger sitting in back for long drives.

Performance: The engine does not seems to be that zippy. I tried to press the paddel to floor but could not get that zoom performance that i was expecting.However I was impressed with breaks, they really performs well. I halted the car from 140 to 0 without ant skidding etc. The sales mans commits FE of 13 in city. A?C was good for delhi high temps.

Overall for on road price of 7.5 + for delhi i am finding it bit costly and i did not get that feeling which I was expeting .Not a good exp at least for me. I did test driving Safari Dicor last week and i felt that was far ahed then all aspects with 40 thousand more rupees.
bruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 19:43   #337
BHPian

BTW, Is SX4 a "All Wheel Drive"? I didn't hear from anywhere whether this is 2WD or 4WD.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 22:03   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
BTW, Is SX4 a "All Wheel Drive"? I didn't hear from anywhere whether this is 2WD or 4WD.
Its a Front Wheel Drive (FWD)....Still a long way to go for a maruti sedan with all wheel drive
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 11:04   #339
BHPian

I didn't find any other appropriate SX4 thread to write this comment, so I am posting here.

Yesterday while going back from office I saw a white colored SX4 coming in my direction. The car looked absolutely pathetic. As many people have pointed out earlier, it seemed as if the its bonnet was open.

From the front, I couldn't make out if it was a sedan or not. Form the front, it looked very hatchback type.

This was the first time that I saw it live and was really really disappointed.
Sush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 12:02   #340
BHPian

Default SX4 test Drive

Hi,
I did a test drive of SX4 yesterday and following are my observations.

Looks: Its different to other sedans in the market. But i felt i am looking at a huge fat lady bending on her knees to pick her one rupee coin. It is bulgeing from all directions.

Engine: Seems to be good, but there is not enough accelration in 3rd gear

Interiors: The plastic on doors is pathetic.

Seating: Rear sets are bad. I sat for about 15 mins in back seat and was already feeling tired.

Build Quality: Nothing compared to NHC/Verna. I could see a spot painted with brush, when they opened a boot.

ICE: Did not find it good enough for people who love there music. Buying ZXI is death of ICE for your car.

Suspension: Was not as good as you would expect from 8,15,000 rupees car.

To sum up: the car may seem as good package, but it is not for people who love performance and comfort in the cars they buy.
I beleive most of the pieces have sold because of extra stuff maruti is giving and the Brand Maruti.

Cheers!
i_m_anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 13:38   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
Hi,
I did a test drive of SX4 yesterday and following are my observations.

Looks: Its different to other sedans in the market. But i felt i am looking at a huge fat lady bending on her knees to pick her one rupee coin. It is bulgeing from all directions.

Engine: Seems to be good, but there is not enough accelration in 3rd gear

Interiors: The plastic on doors is pathetic.

Seating: Rear sets are bad. I sat for about 15 mins in back seat and was already feeling tired.

Build Quality: Nothing compared to NHC/Verna. I could see a spot painted with brush, when they opened a boot.

ICE: Did not find it good enough for people who love there music. Buying ZXI is death of ICE for your car.

Suspension: Was not as good as you would expect from 8,15,000 rupees car.

To sum up: the car may seem as good package, but it is not for people who love performance and comfort in the cars they buy.
I beleive most of the pieces have sold because of extra stuff maruti is giving and the Brand Maruti.

Cheers!
I'll take this review with truckloads of salt!
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 11:06   #342
Senior - BHPian

Default Other colours in Sx4

The new sunlight copper colour in both swift and sx4, looks awesome!

Azure Grey

Arctic white? isnt this more milky white!!???

GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 11:10   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
Looks: Its different to other sedans in the market. But i felt i am looking at a huge fat lady bending on her knees to pick her one rupee coin. It is bulging from all directions.
Its more of a pregnant sedan ( about to deliver a swift).
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 11:31   #344
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Its more of a pregnant sedan ( about to deliver a swift).

Looks like you've hit the nail on the head! Good one.
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 11:52   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Looks like you've hit the nail on the head! Good one.

Who is the father ?

Saw RAFTAAR on NDTV, they compared SX4 with CITY. For finishing and interior quality they gave CITY a thums up, for goodies the SX4. But they also said that for ths ZXI model of SX4 they took the fog lamps were not working !!!

Last edited by pogusingh : 19th May 2007 at 11:54.
pogusingh is offline   Reply With Quote