Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st May 2007, 21:20   #361
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
spoke to maruti regional office, but that guy also has raised his hands saying he cant help much about production or commitment of approx dates for delivery. so much for apna maruti. :(
why did you go to bimal. Even though you booked before you seem to be the last one in queue.

I am also guessing Bimal dont have to much priority compared to RNS/Mandovi/Pratham.

You should seriously go to RNS and tell them that you have booked the car at Bimal and if they can get the car earlier you will cancel Bimal's booking and pay RNS.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 02:18   #362
Senior - BHPian

This colour looks smashing on the car : -

BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 04:20   #363
Senior - BHPian

This is the same colour that Memo bought right?

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 08:15   #364
Team-BHP Support

nope memo's is orangish. sunlight copper. this is more red yaar.
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:40   #365
Senior - BHPian

memo and i have booked/bought the same colour, sunlight copper. this photo is supreme red. yes this also looks good. i think the better looking colours are black, supreme red, copper and azure grey.

@vid - yes i am the last one in the queue simply becuase my colour is not getting despatched. its me and only me who is taking that call just to get sunlight copper. worst case either by june 1 or by june 10 i should have my car whatever colour i opt for. it will be either white/grey or copper as of now.

and i went to bimal because my earlier car is also from them. delivered in just 1 day (800)
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:52   #366
Team-BHP Support

geeksrik, dont worry you'll get it soon. Remember if you want something that bad you wont get it easy. little struggle you'll have to face.

Dont change your mind. you've waited this long, I'm sure you can wait a little longer. Remember you'll be having it for years to come and you dont want to make a hasty decision then repent it.

Also, keep in touch with the dealer. Tell him to inform you when stocks arrive. ask them the dates of stock arrival. they keep track of the incoming stock through the net. they know where the stock is at any point of time. So they will know the date of the arrival.

Go to the dealer on that day and see the car at the stock yard. since you have booked they would have it entered it in the online form. you will see your name against the engine/chasis number. see the car personally and note the engine/chasis number in the hood.

After that your car will go for pdi for a day and registration and other paper work another 2 days.

At the time of delivery verify engine/chasis number.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd May 2007 at 09:53.
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:02   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Any FE figures in yet from actual users of the SX4 ?

I was talking yesterday to my friend's brother who works as a supervisor at Kapico (a MUL dealer). He was raving about the car, and said that there was lot of customer interest in the car, given the price and the goodies packed in the car. I asked him about the FE. He said it is 12kmpl.

If that is what users are getting, then combined with the sweet price and features, the SX4 is going to make life tough for the competition.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 05:05   #368
BHPian

Exclamation sx4

hi all.this is my first post.
i own an esteem'97(black). taking delivery of my sx4 ZXi 2day(pearl white).Loved the car for the safety it offers at the price. td NHC/fiesta/sx4 b4 deciding. the NHC/ NHC vtec is a dream car to drive/the rear seats are heaven(for me at least). Never felt better when driving a car. Its a pity they dont offer airbags even on their 100bhp vtec at least as an option. Anybody who buys a vtec NHC will buy it for the shear pleasure of its performance but such low safety standards really worries me but thats ok life is not worth much in a developing nation,ok maybe we care more for FE than our lives... open your eyes people cant you see the discrimination.

And as for fiesta -never liked the Americans and the Koreans, ya m biased. why buy them when you can buy Japanese or European . TD the sx4 and since i m not an expert and dont think i can say anything which has not already been said i will say its a nice car. Certainly not in the league of a Honda, but thats OK if i m to screw up, at least i have a better chance that i live and may be own a merc someday.

Will post the FE figures as soon as possible as i love calculating it accurately.

Drive fast and safe.
Performance is short lived without safety.
rajivc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:43   #369
Senior - BHPian

welcome rajiv and great first post. enjoy your drive and bring back those FE figures too.
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:13   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
welcome rajiv and great first post. enjoy your drive and bring back those FE figures too.
Geek,

There is a detailed comparison of NHC and SX4 in autocar magazine's June edition.

NHC city - 10.9kmpl
hway - 16.6kmpl

SX4 city - 9.3kmpl
hway - 14.5kmpl

"our choice" by autocar is SX4 for VFM and safety factors.

btw, I have booked a beige Zxi SX4 w/o leather in Bimal indira nagar and waiting for almost a month now

-Elan
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:37   #371
Senior - BHPian

elan

i am sure sx4 does not give 9.3 in city, unless its mumbai! any car in bangalore except palio 1.6 and optra gives more than or equal to 10! moreover its upto the person who is driving and his style. and whether ac is used or not.

as for your booking, well, welcome to the waiting club! you could take a white which is currently blocked for me and expected to arrive in two days or maybe black or silver too. if you want to.
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:28   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
NHC city - 10.9kmpl
hway - 16.6kmpl

SX4 city - 9.3kmpl
hway - 14.5kmpl
I never managed to get less than 13 in Bangalore city with AC in my NHC (mostly in 2nd or 3rd gear). So by extrapolating, SX4 figure should be more than 11.6.

Last edited by msdivy : 23rd May 2007 at 13:37.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:14   #373
Senior - BHPian

SX4 FE Figures, my friend has bought his car ( first in Agra / UP ) , he says he is getting around 10 with AC on all the time in City .. he says this should increase by 1 - 1.5 more after first 2 sevices ... this is quite acceptable I feel ...
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 11:17   #374
BHPian

Default sx4 1 week ownership review

got delivery of my sx4 pearl white on the 23rd. it has a stunning big car look to it (looks like a merc oops thats what the sales guys said when i was there).drove it around 500 km. got an FE of 11.7 for mixed driving mostly congested highway(narrow NH 17 in cochin) with aircon never switched off set at 24 and fully loaded(max speed 110 km.hr). personally i feel thats great FE.

pros:

1. great ride. soaks up the bad roads with ease.
2. excellent AC . with 5 people and a kid on board had to set it to the lowest setting on a hot cochin day (1 pm) as people in the rear including myself(my brother driving) felt cold.
3. drivability is excellent. accelerates cleanly from 30 in the fifth gear.
4. good rear seats no problem with the arm rest as was expected.
5. good roomy interiors but not in the league of NHC. Good leg room.
6. great performance* though never accelerated above 4000 rpm.
7. 5 star brakes and good handling (I upgraded from an esteem)

cons: with a heavy heart

• visibility is pathetic. You cant see around corners. Quarter glass is a sheer waste. Reversing is difficult I suggest you install a reverse sensor(I HAVE)
  • Bad nvh.(horn blows inside the passenger cabin and also tyre noise is bad). The engine is loud for a petrol but I love that growling sound.
  • key not removed alarm is extremely irritating as you cant listen to the stereo with the doors open. Plan to have it removed.
  • power window ,lock /unlock keys and headlight focus switch not illuminated.
  • *regarding the great performance though I have a queer problem for you experts out there when I floor the accelerator the car feels sluggish to respond (even in 2nd gear)but otherwise when accelerated gradually suprises you with its performance( there is a growl from the engine(I love it) and it pulls like crazy even in fifth gear) what can be the possible reason is it ECU mapping or the drive by wire technology bugs. Please let me know anybody else facing the problem.

Verdict- Can live with all the cons as itís a great car and gives you VFM and pride of ownership. Actually it looks and feels like a D-segment.

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
rajivc666 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 29th May 2007, 14:00   #375
Senior - BHPian

rajiv

the accel part is maybe because low end torque isnt exactly effective. so it takes time. visibility i found an issue even with TD. good report, and hey you have used atleast > 5 smilies