Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st May 2007, 09:02   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Would removing this alarm also affect the system's ability to detect whether the key is present or not because if it does so then there may be a problem for airbag deployment.
i plan only to disable the buzzer not the whole alarm system. so should be fine.
rajivc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2007, 09:09   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
I thought this climate cntrol AC shouldve been successful since its an automatic AC. If it cant cool effectively at 37 deg in Mumbai, wonder what'll happen at 45 deg in Delhi? Gawd!
i never had a problem with the aircon on my sx4. 5+1 child outside temp 34 i had to set it to minimum, plus it was lying in the sun for about 2 hours. guys go for lighter colours. mine is pearl white.
Old 1st June 2007, 09:19   #393
BHPian

Default Maintenace of NHC vs Maruti ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
NHC GXi FE=x km/l
SX4 VXi FE=x-3 km/l
Number of years to break even= 120000/13846=8.66 years.

So if you buy the NHC GXi and pay 1.2 lac more than SX4, it will take approximately 8.66 years to break even with the SX4 !
Nice calculation CDEite , but you have missed one important point. The average maintenance cost which includes servicing , spare parts ( in case of any damage ) , insurance premium for Honda vehicles is relatively higher than maruthi vehicles . NHC takes some more years to beat this gap..
dilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 09:54   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivc666 View Post
i never had a problem with the aircon on my sx4. 5+1 child outside temp 34 i had to set it to minimum, plus it was lying in the sun for about 2 hours. guys go for lighter colours. mine is pearl white.
I still feel that my AC isn't effective even in Bangalore temp...Can you tell me what exact settings you use for all 3 knobs? I never put it at Auto mode.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 10:27   #395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yes 37 was the outside temp and the AC wasnot able to help the inside much was what i wanted to say
thats wierd. when i went for a td the ac seemed decent. the temp outside was 36.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 15:48   #396
BHPian

just comparing what i felt when i drove both Honda city and sx4.
First i test drove city vtec, and drove sx4 on same day ... here are my findings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
test drove the sx4 today....

it's a total let down.... complete disaster....

Bad Points..

1. ads claims "pure power" pure exhiliration" ....... but there was no power nor and exhiliration....

:frustrti
I found enormous power in sx4 , just press the pedal and thats it, It ran like cheetah. NHC-vtech is also 100 bhp, though the engine sounded more refined , i sensed that the pickup is bit sluggish in first and second gear.

Quote:
2. suspension is too hard... makes the car very jumpy....
I felt smoother suspension in sx4 even in small pits. I did not get oppartunity to run thru bigger ones in hyderabad

Quote:
3. it looks ugly from most angles.....
I liked that manly look from front sides. Bonet and new head light design looked modern and manly. I beleave people got used to see honda city as good looking car since years and the same psychology continues when we see other models too. For example when I saw Ford fiesta at first time , I felt it was ackward. But in a long run it looked "OK". Sx4 looked much better though.

The bottom line is , NHC is a cute and sleek car in its own style where as sx4 is sturdy and modern in its own style.

Quote:
4. excessive engine noise in the cabin....
I too felt the same. But beleave me , it will go away after couple of services . When I bought Zen in 2003, the engine noice was high . It was disappeared slowly. NHC gets more points in this ...

Quote:
5. gearshift is damn rough and gear ratios are horrible....
I Did not feel this. Rather i found that shifting is very easy and smooth.

Quote:
6. integrated stereo is pathetic....
In what way ?, please elaborate.

One question here. Is it possible to remove the integrated sterio and speakers and go for different set altogether ( like pioneer and sony combo ) if i do not like them after buying SX4-zxi ? guys, please let me know.
Old 1st June 2007, 17:52   #397
Senior - BHPian

dilsoft, honest opinions there !! ICE is the biggest problem in sx4. i am ok with it as for me a simple but well sounding stereo is ok. maybe someone will have ways of changing that too.

is there any way of using usb stick with players that dont sport usb ports?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 18:08   #398
HSV
BHPian

honestly speaking - I think i have to give it a 10/10 on the integrated music system. Not sure if I sound extremely old but when I TDed the car it sounded pretty good to me. The sound was crystal clear and pretty loud too with good sound quality.

Dunno bout the others but I sure dont need a discotheque on wheels. Purely from a looks point of view the ergonomics of an integrated system makes the dash looks fabulous. Guess I am bored of seeing the blocky music system (non-integrated) in my car for too long.

However pls note I have a Pioneer mp3/Cd head unit with 4 Blaupunkt speakers (2 x 5" + 2 x 11'' ovals). Sounds great.

But the Sx4's system is adequate too. I can live with it. Only thing lagging is the lack of A/T as an option .
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 18:56   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
I can live with it. Only thing lagging is the lack of A/T as an option .
HSV, If you have the money for SX4 with an A/T option (sadly not available), you can go for NHC CVT!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 20:05   #400
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
HSV, If you have the money for SX4 with an A/T option (sadly not available), you can go for NHC CVT!
However, what I will not get in the NHC CVT, which I will in the SX4 (had it been available with a comparable A/T):
1) 102 bhp
2) Integrated music system in dash
3) climate control AC
4) leather seats
5) 17" wheels
6) 190mm ground clearance
7) MUL countrywide service network
8) cheaper parts (probably)
9) Bigger boot
10) Audio controls on steering
11) And last but not the least - historically speaking I may end up paying more for the Honda - as they have a knack for pricing their products higher than the competition.

Now thats something to really ponder about!!
Old 1st June 2007, 23:49   #401
BHPian

one more thing you forgot my friend: Airbags and ABS

Even Honda City highest model does not come with these features. and the body sheet is plain thin for a honda, but SX4 has great build quality

SX4 > NHC (whatever version)

pricing:
SX4 < NHC

which is what people want. NHC, count your days out
ashwin_seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:08   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I still feel that my AC isn't effective even in Bangalore temp...Can you tell me what exact settings you use for all 3 knobs? I never put it at Auto mode.
at all possible settings its working fine.even today i was driving with temp showing 36 and i specifically asked the people sitting at the back since the problem you had with your AC, they said it was good, n believe me i had set the controls to 25. why dont you consult the service guys. there must be some minor problem.
Old 2nd June 2007, 13:18   #403
BHPian

Thumbs up

Friends, Today I made booking for SX4-ZXI black , and the dealer told me that it will be delivered by end of June . The dealer name is Varun motors in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.

Regarding AC, I found it is chilling enough under hot sun in hyderabad. When I test drove I requested the dealer folks to reduce the blower speed as it was blowing directly to my face. When my friend TDriven i sat in the back seat , and felt cool temp instantly after few seconds after he started driving it.

Friends, anyone please let me know why maintaining black color is difficult ?
Old 2nd June 2007, 16:04   #404
Senior - BHPian

dilsoft,

black is beautiful but can also get terribly dirty if not maintained properly. scratches and dents on black also looks bad compared to on other colours. you have to clean it regularly - read that daily otherwise its going to be bad. and you have to teflon coat it atleast to save some amount of dirt from accumulating. personally i ve seen the black sx4 and its good to look at compared to say a black honda or a black any other car!
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 17:58   #405
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_seattle View Post
one more thing you forgot my friend: Airbags and ABS

Even Honda City highest model does not come with these features. and the body sheet is plain thin for a honda, but SX4 has great build quality

SX4 > NHC (whatever version)

pricing:
SX4 < NHC

which is what people want. NHC, count your days out

OMG! Now, how could I forget the ABS and Airbags!! DUH... thanks mate.