Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd June 2007, 21:05   #406
BHPian

took sx4 test drive for the second time today.
was just about to book a grey SX4 vxi but stopped bcoz of following 2 reasons:

1)went for a test drive at 2'o clock ... 44 degree outside temp... after 15 min of test drive.. I came out sweating..

2) very uncomfortable middle seat at rear.

3) fit n finish is missing in VXi model.. does not seem like you r sitting in 6.7L car.

I checked out feedback register too.. about 60-70% mentioned probs related to AC n rear seats. Dealer told me that they have told the feedback (AC/rear seat/finish probs) to maruti and they may get into the action soon.

I've even heard that maruti guys take care of your AC diuring 1st service.
dcetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 09:28   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcetech View Post
took sx4 test drive for the second time today.
was just about to book a grey SX4 vxi but stopped bcoz of following 2 reasons:

1)went for a test drive at 2'o clock ... 44 degree outside temp... after 15 min of test drive.. I came out sweating..

2) very uncomfortable middle seat at rear.

3) fit n finish is missing in VXi model.. does not seem like you r sitting in 6.7L car.

I checked out feedback register too.. about 60-70% mentioned probs related to AC n rear seats. Dealer told me that they have told the feedback (AC/rear seat/finish probs) to maruti and they may get into the action soon.

I've even heard that maruti guys take care of your AC diuring 1st service.
I own ZXi and my AC was a problem till 1st Service, now it is damn good, just chills out so fast, believe me!!

I suggest, you needn't ditch SX4 for bad AC, may be for other reasons. rear middle seat is still an issue.
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 12:24   #408
BHPian

Here is my observations & Service center people comments on discussing the issue ...

Poor AC is an acknowledged issue in SX4, there seems to be some problem in the Subros kit , the faulty part in it is being changed/replaced by Maruti in the current lot with them in factory, for all cars that have been sold, the faulty part is being replaced by some designated dealer workshops or by Subros people directly.

Had a TD yesterday, outside temp 45, after 10 mins, can't find the AC effective, sales guy's agree that the demo car has not been rectified yet.

Spoke to an owner at the showroom, his car AC has been fixed and cools ok after 10 -15 mins in hot weather but this guy is not happy with the mileage (He quotes 8 , after 3 tankfuls !), service people have promised to take care of it in the 1st service.

Anyone else care to share their mileage ?
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 13:46   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Here is my observations & Service center people comments on discussing the issue ...

Poor AC is an acknowledged issue in SX4, there seems to be some problem in the Subros kit , the faulty part in it is being changed/replaced by Maruti in the current lot with them in factory, for all cars that have been sold, the faulty part is being replaced by some designated dealer workshops or by Subros people directly.

Had a TD yesterday, outside temp 45, after 10 mins, can't find the AC effective, sales guy's agree that the demo car has not been rectified yet.

Spoke to an owner at the showroom, his car AC has been fixed and cools ok after 10 -15 mins in hot weather but this guy is not happy with the mileage (He quotes 8 , after 3 tankfuls !), service people have promised to take care of it in the 1st service.

Anyone else care to share their mileage ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...tml#post451705
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 14:19   #410
BHPian

Default Nice car

I took a test drive of the SX4 last weekend and liked the overall experience. After the TD, I've joined the "SX4 is value for money" bandwagon and the sheer value and the driving experience is starting to convince me to make it my next car, though I went to the Maruti showroom with the Swift ZXi in mind.

I guess an earlier post put the right perspective on the power delivery, as I too felt that it was linear but not exhilerating, which is fine by me. It certainly did not feel underpowered to me going by the engine specs and the weight of the car. The build quality seems very good.

The only (minor) disappointment for me was the quality of some of the plastic like the inner door handle, switch for opening the boot, etc., which look too cheap to belong in a car like this. But that's not a big deal at all.

Visibility felt like a bit of an issue, but I guess I can get used to it.

The suspension handled the bumps in the road very nicely and I enjoyed the level of engine noise that actually made it into the cabin

Thanks,
Amit.
king_julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 14:37   #411
BHPian

took the SX4 ZXi test drive last sunday. Here are my thoughts in comparison with NHC, Aveo, Fiesta(Not driven)...

PROS:

1. Great car to drive. Felt comfortable instantly unlike in the others. Much easier to drive compared the others. Even the visibility is excellent, thanks to the high seating position.

2. Lots of features like climate control, abs, airbags,... at a good price.

3. Ride quality is better than NHC

4. Sturdy build

5. Lots of leg space (im 6' 2")

CONS :

1. Interiors are horrible. the plastics are fitted loosely especially near the door frames and floors.Pieces come off easily. Even the plastic used on the doors feels light and cheap. definitely doesnt feel like a 7.6 L Car.

2. Engine noise is a bit too much for my liking.

3. Rear Seats are uncomfortable.

4. Mileage ?? (i have my doubts)

Anyways, just my thoughts. But the interiors really put me off. I decided to choose between aveo 1.6 LT and NHC.

Thanks

AM
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 15:57   #412
BHPian

Yes, it's a shame that Maruti missed out on providing interiors to match the price point of the SX4 - I'm really confused how a savvy operator like Maruti could do something like this to a potential winner in the C segment
king_julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 14:08   #413
BHPian

are the interiors really that bad? unfortunately i havent seen the car in the flesh yet, but from what i have read from other owners, nothing drastic has really come up. having said that, maruti does have a history of using shoddy materials inside their cars, but i thought that from the swift onwards, they have improved. is this the case?
nirav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 16:45   #414
BHPian

@nirav. I know most of the reviewers dont mention the bad quality of interiors or some say its a minor issue. But i've seen the car thrice. And the last time i even insisted on seeing a new car (other than the demo car) and i found the same. Slightly cheaper quality you can live with but not if The plastics arent well fitted and they'll probably come off after some months of use.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 16:16   #415
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Except one piece, the boot open lever, i do not see any problem in the interior wrt NHC interior. I dont even consider the issues like the above as I put more emphasize on the safety package which none gives :

ZXi variant :

1. ABS with EBD
2. Alloys - handling/stability
3. Airbags that too twin
4. 16inch rubbers... - smoother ride
5. High GC - exactly what Indian road needs!
6. Very good rating in NCAP Crash tests
7. Excellent Handling/cornering abilities like a normal sedan (considering the GC of 190)
8. iCATS Safety system
9. Audio controls on steering wheel : yes, its a safety feature! ;-)

Comfort/convenience:
9. Nice seats with kinda nylon. less prone to dirts which is a real problem in india.
10. Decent OEM HU with spkrs in all doors with 2 tweeters in front doors
11. Big boots
12. Hi positioned seats
13. proven baleno's 1.6cc engine.
14. very good front driving view. pls test drive then you will know what i mean.

lastly...maruti's A.S.S! This is the perfect bet for anyone who wants a C-Segmenter.

only regret : If it comes with a 1.3 MJTD 90HP, I will book now.

oops...i sound like working at Maruti's Sales dept! ;-)

Last edited by sgmuser : 15th June 2007 at 16:31.
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 16:39   #416
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
only regret : If it comes with a 1.3 MJTD 90HP, I will book now.
Add to that another regret: No auto transmission yet .

Still no option but to buy the NHC ZX CVT in case one is looking for an auto variant (in that segment). Wish the SX4 Zxi also came with an auto as an option.

Last edited by HSV : 15th June 2007 at 16:48.
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 16:45   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
13. proven baleno's 1.6cc engine.

I thought it was a Brand new engine and different from the Baleno?
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 22:36   #418
BANNED

Default SX4 engine

hey..guys, its not the old baleno engine, its a completely new engine. it is the engine being used globally, 1.6 M series. sx4 is the firstg car in india to get this engine. maruti will launch all new engine lineup for all models soon.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 16:41   #419
Senior - BHPian

When I went for test driving swift diesel, Just sat in the car, Few of my observation are
1. Good seating position
2. Nice seats
3. Nice to have control on steering
4. ACC
5. Protruded back seat - really difficult to fit in the 3rd person
6. Electrical mirror adjustment looked flimsy
7. Big boot space
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 18:17   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Add to that another regret: No auto transmission yet .

Still no option but to buy the NHC ZX CVT in case one is looking for an auto variant (in that segment). Wish the SX4 Zxi also came with an auto as an option.
I second that - if it came in auto transmission I would buy it in a flash
vikrantw1 is offline   Reply With Quote