Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th June 2007, 13:45   #136

GeekSrik: where did you book the car? Did they get the shipment for this month or yet to get? is it ZXi
verghesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 15:39   #137

Well I got my SX4 yesterday from Bimal Auto, Whitefield. I had booked it on 14thMay, so 3 weeks is not bad after reading through the forum and now I hear the std wait period is 2 months! I understand that now there are very few takers for VXi and Bimal in fact has a few ready stock in case any of you are interested. The ZXi is hot as people perfer the fully loaded one.
First impressions is its a solid build car, drive is good and silent (by the way I upgraded from Baleno, another great car!). Driver Seat positioning is good and gives a good road view and can be adjusted further by the driver seat height adjust. The leg space is decent and does come loaded with good convenience and safety features.
Not done much driving so will leave that comment till I take her out over the weekend.
Inside Cabin a few things worth mentioning which will help others. The back seat does not fold!, rear view visibility is reduced due to the rear seat headrest (at 5'8" I found it pretty OK but need to take other SX4 owners opinion), there is no foot rest beside the clutch pedal (as in Baleno). The stock stereo is average and next thing would be to upgrade the door speakers with some good coaxs and add a decent SUB (Not planning to change the HU as it is very well integrated with the dash and of cource the steering wheel controls!). The speedo console illumination can be increased/decreased which is good on long drives at night!
The engine is pretty silent but again the road/wind noise can only be tested on a nice cruise on a highway.
1000w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 15:47   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivc666 View Post
The only con here is the horrible visibility when you take a right hand curve, you go almost blind into the curve, so you better keep your side of the road.
Can anybody tell me what can be done about it. I feel very unsafe going blind into a curve

This is one of the main things that I noticed when I did a TD and hence I held back from booking the SX4. The best thing to do in such cases is to peep out of the window before u take the turn - can be uncomfortable but you will soon get used to it. This can be especially an issue in City driving too where there can be lots of unprotected intersections and knowing our drivers most of them enter the intersection before they look. I have got used to doing this in my Wagon R too (though the blind spot is much less than in the SX4).
hsejars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 17:48   #139

have read quite a bit abt this and from the pix it looked like a good package..lots of features for that kinda money..very unlike maruti..yet to have a drive on it to make a personal comment..
It was one of those leisurely weekends and i was driving back from a friend's place..lousy after a meal it was and then i noticed a car in front which didnt look that familiar..from a distance i thot it was a fiesta but there was something that was not quite fiesta like..i zoomed in for a closer look and saw it was an sx4 and someone was doing a test drive in a demo car..i was glad that i finally saw one on the road and jus drove away..It was the marathahalli outer ring road and i settled into my cruising mode jus waiting to get home..soon i realized somebody was in a terrible hurry to pass me..quick look at the rear view mirror showed a very angry looking headlamp/grill and twas the same test drive fella. This shaked off my lousiness and i thot..let me check this guy out...and pulled away..utilizing the best of 125 horses under my hood..no prizes for guessing who the winner was..but i guess the sx4 accelerates pretty well and capable of decent velocities..usually other sedans disappear in double quick time when I am in mood :-) but this guy wont go down without a fight.
Autocar review this month features SX4 and looks like it will sell more than Baleno! :-D
ashams_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 17:51   #140
BHPian

Has anybody got free accessories along with the car delivery??

Any idea what will be the cost for Floor Mats, Boot Mat, Sun films, Reverse Parking Sensor and bumper corner protector??
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 19:32   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i m tired of waiting and the grey too is not coming. all they are offering me is white white and white. and i am tired. thinking of taking my money back at this point of time.
hey geek everybody loves the look of my white sx4(zxi),it looks massive plus white is good heat reflector
rajivc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 19:38   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post

This is one of the main things that I noticed when I did a TD and hence I held back from booking the SX4. The best thing to do in such cases is to peep out of the window before u take the turn - can be uncomfortable but you will soon get used to it. This can be especially an issue in City driving too where there can be lots of unprotected intersections and knowing our drivers most of them enter the intersection before they look. I have got used to doing this in my Wagon R too (though the blind spot is much less than in the SX4).
ya its a problem but overall its a nice car, think you should go for it.At the price you wont get all that safety features in any other car plus it has a big car look and great performance.
Old 5th June 2007, 19:45   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000w View Post
The engine is pretty silent but again the road/wind noise can only be tested on a nice cruise on a highway.
At higher revs the engine is not silent but has a pleasant roar. The road/suspension noise is bad. Dint experience any wind noise.
Old 5th June 2007, 20:26   #144
Senior - BHPian

rajiv

please put in some good photos like the one of sathyas car man. it ll give me an idea about your car colour.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 20:41   #145

I got the boot mat free from Pratham in vasnathnagar. Not other goodies unfortunately
Motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 23:52   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
rajiv

please put in some good photos like the one of sathyas car man. it ll give me an idea about your car colour.
ya i will try and do that but since its taken on my n70 cant promise you much quality pics
Old 6th June 2007, 01:12   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post

Any idea what will be the cost for Floor Mats, Boot Mat, Sun films, Reverse Parking Sensor and bumper corner protector??
Not something you need to be worried about, given that you are buying a 7+L car.

Mats (floor and boot) comes at around 500 Rs., Sun films at 1.5 to 3K dependng on what you choose (I recommend Maruti std sun films with the Maruti logo in them), reverse parking sensor in some hundreds. Didn't know bumper corner protector existed for SX4. Down here in Coimbatore, I ain't even getting seat covers and side door stratch protection bars.
spetnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 08:32   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post

Dealer gave floor mats & trunk mat free for me. others, I am yet to have. Is it bumper corner protector that is fit on the lights?
sathya_nars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 11:27   #149
BHPian

Bumber corner protector is a black strip to protect the corners of front and rear bumpers. If you go to :: MARUTI SUZUKI SX4 ::, you can download the brochure for the accessories...In this brochure this item is mentioned..
sudhir5478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 12:38   #150
BHPian

As every body is saying that Sx4 Ac has some problem.
I talked to Greater Noida Rohan Motors and they don't have any clue.
Can anybody me any place in Noida where i can get it rectified.
amitbjha is offline   Reply With Quote